Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog lives matter

Covid vaccine mixed messaging

Biden says troops should be dishonorably discharged if they fail to get vaccinated.

Biden mandating government, medical worker, school, etc. vaccine shots. Illegals, Afghan refugees, UPS, NOT.

Biden claims White / Republican / Supremist most resistant to vaccine injection. Not true as the only group pushing against mandated Covid vaccine injections.

BLM organizer says de Blasio vaccine mandate weaponized against black community

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bl...?ocid=msedgntp

The co-founder of New York's Black Lives Matter chapter said New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's citywide vaccine mandate is targeting the black community and creating conditions akin to segregation.

“Seventy-two percent of black people in this city from ages 18 to 44 are unvaccinated," Chivona Newsome said during a Monday protest in New York City. "So what is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up black people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?”

“We’re putting this city on notice that your mandate will not be another racist social distance practice. Black people are not going to stand by, or you will see another uprising. And that is not a threat. That is a promise,” she said. “The vaccination passport is not a free passport to racism.”

Why Democrats need to get angry

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Typical MSNBC left media twaddle. Righteous political anger used by white, angry males over decades should be practiced by Democrats.

Black males and minorities cannot show anger.

Biden should mandate everyone receive the vaccine and proposing dishonorable discharge for military refusing to receive vaccine.

Biden was handed three vaccines to work with, declared victory a few months ago, is at wits end to control the epidemic, and is getting pushback not only from white Republicans.

Can this man walk and chew gum at the same time anymore? The only thing under control is Biden – scripted speeches, no press exchanges, sound pulled should he dare respond to a press reporter. He has become an embarrassment to his party and country.

The media has lost all credibility and trust. Divisive reports further polarizing and inciting citizens.

Vaccinated and awaiting the booster shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Covid vaccine mixed messaging

Biden says troops should be dishonorably discharged if they fail to get vaccinated.

Biden mandating government, medical worker, school, etc. vaccine shots. Illegals, Afghan refugees, UPS, NOT.

Biden claims White / Republican / Supremist most resistant to vaccine injection. Not true as the only group pushing against mandated Covid vaccine injections.

BLM organizer says de Blasio vaccine mandate weaponized against black community

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bl...?ocid=msedgntp

The co-founder of New York's Black Lives Matter chapter said New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's citywide vaccine mandate is targeting the black community and creating conditions akin to segregation.

“Seventy-two percent of black people in this city from ages 18 to 44 are unvaccinated," Chivona Newsome said during a Monday protest in New York City. "So what is going to stop the Gestapo, I mean the NYPD, from rounding up black people, from snatching them off the train, off the bus?”

“We’re putting this city on notice that your mandate will not be another racist social distance practice. Black people are not going to stand by, or you will see another uprising. And that is not a threat. That is a promise,” she said. “The vaccination passport is not a free passport to racism.”

Why Democrats need to get angry

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Typical MSNBC left media twaddle. Righteous political anger used by white, angry males over decades should be practiced by Democrats.

Black males and minorities cannot show anger.

Biden should mandate everyone receive the vaccine and proposing dishonorable discharge for military refusing to receive vaccine.

Biden was handed three vaccines to work with, declared victory a few months ago, is at wits end to control the epidemic, and is getting pushback not only from white Republicans.

Can this man walk and chew gum at the same time anymore? The only thing under control is Biden – scripted speeches, no press exchanges, sound pulled should he dare respond to a press reporter. He has become an embarrassment to his party and country.

The media has lost all credibility and trust. Divisive reports further polarizing and inciting citizens.

Vaccinated and awaiting the booster shot!
    Sorry, posted on wrong thread!

New dog shelter construction finally begins

Yea, construction has finally started. Unfortunately, the building is not located where I was led to believe it would be constructed – on the south side of the complex main road.

Dog control site.jpg

The building will be located on the northside of the road, next to the radio building, the last building on the road. The housed dogs will be exposed to heavy truck traffic from the highway building, the salt storage bin, and truck activity from rock / stone / soil storage.

Dog control shelter 2.jpg

It will be a huge improvement over the current 4-kennel shed.

Current 4-kennel shed.jpg

Click on images to enlarge

New dog shelter construction finally begins

Yea, construction has finally started. Unfortunately, the building is not located where I was led to believe it would be constructed – on the south side of the complex main road.

Dog control site.jpg

The building will be located on the northside of the road, next to the radio building, the last building on the road. The housed dogs will be exposed to heavy truck traffic from the highway building, the salt storage bin, and truck activity from rock / stone / soil storage.

Dog control shelter 2.jpg

It will be a huge improvement over the current 4-kennel shed.

Current 4-kennel shed.jpg

Click on images to enlarge
    Thank you Lee!

The visuals add much needed prospective to this very long-delayed process.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

It looks like the dogs can be as loud as they want back there.
    No need for a noise barrier, I guess.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I am not so much concerned about the barking dogs, but of the noise that may impact them. Such noise may make aggressive dogs more aggressive; a nervous dog more nervous, eh?

Speaking of barriers, where is the fence around the construction site, or is it simply not visible in the photo?

I spent 25 years on work projects, and my past experience tells me that for liability reasons, the fence is the first thing put up around the site, just sayin'.

Nevertheless, I agree with Lee that the expanded facility is a huge improvement over the existing very small facility.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 1st, 2021 at 08:08 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I am not so much concerned about the barking dogs, but of the noise that may impact them. Such noise may make aggressive dogs more aggressive; a nervous dog more nervous, eh?

Speaking of barriers, where is the fence around the construction site, or is it simply not visible in the photo?

I spent 25 years on work projects, and my past experience tells me that for liability reasons, the fence is the first thing put up around the site, just sayin'.

Nevertheless, I agree with Lee that the expanded facility is a huge improvement over the existing very small facility.
    Good points, Mark

Georgia L Schlager

So it doesn’t matter if their barking disturbs the town employees working in the complex? They already complain about hearing the annoying barking coming from the current shelter.

More importantly, the noise coming from the adjacent truck traffic will adversely impact the dogs anxiety level and health – and create more barking.

The building was supposed to be brick & mortar, with an interior soundproofing package that would reduce noise level to the extent practicable. The original plans should not be compromised because the town underestimated the project cost and underapplied in the grant application.

But they’re only dogs right? What’s the big deal? They have no rights. No voice. No votes.

So it doesn’t matter if their barking disturbs the town employees working in the complex? They already complain about hearing the annoying barking coming from the current shelter.

More importantly, the noise coming from the adjacent truck traffic will adversely impact the dogs anxiety level and health – and create more barking.

The building was supposed to be brick & mortar, with an interior soundproofing package that would reduce noise level to the extent practicable. The original plans should not be compromised because the town underestimated the project cost and underapplied in the grant application.

But they’re only dogs right? What’s the big deal? They have no rights. No voice. No votes.
    If it's being located at the end of the road of the complex, wouldn't it be less intrusive for the dogs and the workers????
    Actually, I don't know what workers are on that location. The police are up front. The highway and park workers should be
    off that property working. Dog control workers may be there but barking is part of the job.

Georgia L Schlager

Dog control workers may be there but barking is part of the job. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    I don't presume to speak for Lee, and this is just my two cents.

Concerning the location and the composition of the structure itself, I consider those issues not only from practicality, but from a humane, animal lover's viewpoint as well.

I have already expressed my concerns about the noise impact on our fury friends.

In that regard, indeed Gorja, barking of course is part of an Animal Control Officer's duties, but would one not think that foreseeability and due diligence attend the jobs of Mr. Wozniak and Mr. Schiller?

Perhaps they were remiss, or indifferent, in those specific areas of mitigating foreseeable irritations to the animals and the subsequent consequences?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 1st, 2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I don't presume to speak for Lee, and this is just my two cents.

Concerning the location and the composition of the structure itself, I consider those issues not only from practicality, but from a humane, animal lover's viewpoint as well.

I have already expressed my concerns about the noise impact on our fury friends.

In that regard, indeed Gorja, barking of course is part of an Animal Control Officer's duties, but would one not think that foreseeability and due diligence attend the jobs of Mr. Wozniak and Mr. Schiller?

Perhaps they were remiss, or indifferent, in those specific areas of mitigating foreseeable irritations to the animals and the subsequent consequences?
    Let us not forget that that project was put in Councilman Wozniak's lap in December during the pandemic and building supply price hikes.
    Councilman Dickman had that responsibility prior to that while the town engineer was there from the beginning.

Georgia L Schlager

Last edited by gorja; October 1st, 2021 at 02:26 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

I certainly do not believe a dog kennel should be located in a residential area. But couldn't the assessor
    look to see if there was a change of ownership of the property?

Georgia L Schlager

Let us not forget that that project was put in Councilman Wozniak's lap in December during the pandemic and building supply price hikes.
    Hey Gorja, with leadership comes crisis, and with crisis comes challenge, but no crisis or challenge, no matter how pressure-packed, absolves one of its responsibilities.

Seems that your saying Wozniak may not be up to fully doing his job, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 1st, 2021 at 02:54 PM.

If it's being located at the end of the road of the complex, wouldn't it be less intrusive for the dogs and the workers????
    Actually, I don't know what workers are on that location. The police are up front. The highway and park workers should be
    off that property working. Dog control workers may be there but barking is part of the job.
    Actually, I would like to hear from the engineer and others why the location was changed from its intended location to the one being developed - the experts. You don't seem to grasp the increased volume of truck traffic that will occur in this location.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information