Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog lives matter

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The dog control department complaint / court appearance tickets are under the jurisdiction of but one Town Justice.

Shouldn't you be asking why the police went to the other Town Justice to get the Andrea White warrant?

Don't you find it difficult to understand why no mention has been paid to the efforts of the dog control department in seizing the six dogs (one extremely aggressive) and their care in their continued sheltering. What little attention has been paid to the dog control department who issued 29 court appearance tickets and whose pleas made to departments and individuals alike to shut the illegal operation down were of no avail.

This outcome could have been prevented and policies should be set in place to ensure it never happens again.
    I do agree. I just asked a question. I won't bother anymore

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I do agree. I just asked a question. I won't bother anymore

Knowing you to be a responsible and loving pet owner, and an advocate for pet best interests, I am perplexed and disappointed in your posting that you ‘will not bother anymore.’

Your questions were relative and pertinent in trying to understand and determine where the system failed to address events that could have stopped an illegal operation and the resulting animal cruelty that occurred and which not only impacted Nyxxi, but other seized dogs as well.

Had someone else in authority ‘bothered’ to take the time and made the effort to do the right thing, we wouldn’t be talking about this. Dog lives do matter, and they need an advocate’s voice to speak for them. Fortunately, there are many such advocates, and you are hearing their voices now, and more so in the coming days.

I sent my letter to the town clerk to put in communications.

Georgia L Schlager

Knowing you to be a responsible and loving pet owner, and an advocate for pet best interests, I am perplexed and disappointed in your posting that you ‘will not bother anymore.’

Your questions were relative and pertinent in trying to understand and determine where the system failed to address events that could have stopped an illegal operation and the resulting animal cruelty that occurred and which not only impacted Nyxxi, but other seized dogs as well.

Had someone else in authority ‘bothered’ to take the time and made the effort to do the right thing, we wouldn’t be talking about this. Dog lives do matter, and they need an advocate’s voice to speak for them. Fortunately, there are many such advocates, and you are hearing their voices now, and more so in the coming days.
    I agree

Georgia L Schlager

I sent my letter to the town clerk to put in communications.

I and the many Lancaster pet lovers thank you!

Nyxxi’s medical status & prognosis
    Ginger Pagano Facebook post

Nyxxi is going into surgery tomorrow under the hand of Dr. Kantor in East Aurora. He will be conducting an exploratory surgery in an attempt to fix her leg. If he is unable, then he will amputate the leg.

Due to age of injury, Dr Kanter after physical examination of Nyxxi and reviewing x rays has determined to defer surgery. Nyxxi will be on pain meds for the foreseeable future. If she has an adverse reaction to meds or lack of mobility of her left arm he will amputate it but as of today she goes home with 4 legs.

This doctor is a Cornell graduate and comes with long lists of accolades, so yes I’m trusting his surgical judgement call.

The saying goes: “This shouldn’t happen to a dog.” But it did!

Dog News

It is often said that ‘no news is good news.’ Well, not always. There are no dog control resolutions on Monday’s town board agenda. Except for Goga’s communication to the town re the Andrea White dog abuse situation, nada, zip, zero!

So, is the new shelter project closed out? Have all assigned tasks been completed. All bills paid.

Does the shelter have an occupancy permit? The temporary permit expired August 31. Is it open for business? An ‘open house’ planned for the near future.

Recently two staffers resigned leaving 2 full time DCO’s and 1 Assistant DCO @ 5 hrs. / week. At present no weekend coverage assigned. Who will administer to the dog needs this weekend. The DCO is having problems keeping and hiring staff at $16 / hr. and especially in filling shifts over the weekend. The number of aggressive dogs and dog bites have significantly increased over the past few years. Is this being addressed?

Regarding the Andrea White animal abuse charge and scheduled September 22nd Lancaster Town Court hearing, animal advocate Ginger Pagano requested like pet advocate owners write letters to the Town expressing their ire over the incident and frustration that it should have never happened had White been prosecuted on earlier violation and court appearance tickets. Did anyone submit communiques?

Pagano also requested their presence at the September 22nd court hearing. Will that happen, hopefully!

It is time for the town to define DCO Karn’s status and authority. Is she a department head with animal seizure authority? Does she have budget involvement? Who is holding up the long-promised dog census – a project that would not only provide revenue but ensure that dogs were licensed and protected against rabbi’s – as well as the individuals involved in animal control and the public.

The silence is deafening!

Dog News

It is often said that ‘no news is good news.’ Well, not always. There are no dog control resolutions on Monday’s town board agenda. Except for Goga’s communication to the town re the Andrea White dog abuse situation, nada, zip, zero!

So, is the new shelter project closed out? Have all assigned tasks been completed. All bills paid.

Does the shelter have an occupancy permit? The temporary permit expired August 31. Is it open for business? An ‘open house’ planned for the near future.

Recently two staffers resigned leaving 2 full time DCO’s and 1 Assistant DCO @ 5 hrs. / week. At present no weekend coverage assigned. Who will administer to the dog needs this weekend. The DCO is having problems keeping and hiring staff at $16 / hr. and especially in filling shifts over the weekend. The number of aggressive dogs and dog bites have significantly increased over the past few years. Is this being addressed?

Regarding the Andrea White animal abuse charge and scheduled September 22nd Lancaster Town Court hearing, animal advocate Ginger Pagano requested like pet advocate owners write letters to the Town expressing their ire over the incident and frustration that it should have never happened had White been prosecuted on earlier violation and court appearance tickets. Did anyone submit communiques?

Pagano also requested their presence at the September 22nd court hearing. Will that happen, hopefully!

It is time for the town to define DCO Karn’s status and authority. Is she a department head with animal seizure authority? Does she have budget involvement? Who is holding up the long-promised dog census – a project that would not only provide revenue but ensure that dogs were licensed and protected against rabbi’s – as well as the individuals involved in animal control and the public.

The silence is deafening!
    I had every intention on going to the hearing this Thursday. But my dog was suppose to take her 2 trick tests last Thursday and the class was postponed until this Thursday.
    I'd like to work with her after work to make sure she is good to go before class.

Do you think the others emailed their letters and didn't indicate to place them in the communications?

Georgia L Schlager

I had every intention on going to the hearing this Thursday. But my dog was suppose to take her 2 trick tests last Thursday and the class was postponed until this Thursday.
    I'd like to work with her after work to make sure she is good to go before class.

Do you think the others emailed their letters and didn't indicate to place them in the communications?
    Hopefully. Don't expect to be told that by the town fathers.

15 Funny Pictures of Dogs in The Smiling Dog Challenge - ilovedogscute.com

https://ilovedogscute.com/funny-dogs...dog-challenge/

Town dog stuff

Shelter Status

Town Board Dog Control Committee report by Chair Burkard:

“Just waiting on a spot on the floor to get fixed before the final walk through. The person is on vacation and Town Engineer Schiller spoke with them to come fix it.”

Near three months and the floor still needs ‘fixing.’

Andrea White dog abuse court hearing

Scheduled for September 20th, postponed until October 13, 2020.

Hope the word gets out to those intending to attend the court hearing.

Post 446 correction

Andrea White rescheduled court hearing October 13, 2022 - not October 13, 2020.

Ginger Pagano Facebook post

I’M LIVID!

Oct 13th new court date. Wonder when the court date is for the other dogs sitting at Lancaster animal control. Has she even asked about them? Is it fair to them that their owner did them wrong and now they are paying for her mistreatment to them.

These laws are messed up, the people that govern are messed up. Maybe if we stuck them in a kennel 24/7 for weeks, they could get a feel as to how it is for them. To the people who adopted to her your research system sucks. This is happening in your backyard. Step up and be their voice.

I share Ms. Pagano’s concern for the welfare of the dogs. Realistically, although caged, they are probably in a better environment than under Andrea White’s care.

They are victims of a failed court / enforcement system with potential cost to town taxpayers. Their custody and care (shelter / food / staffing) expenses already realized, plus an extended three weeks, will run in the thousands – and more depending on court outcome.

The process in which the court extension was granted is also suspect – prior to a court hearing where extensions are usually requested and granted. Interested parties are also confused as why abuse charges were made by the county and why the court hearing is taking place in Lancaster?

If my hearing has not gone completely awry, I believe, I heard Supervisor Ruffino bring up the dogs issue at 5:29 at the work session.
    Councilman Burkard responded that he had spoke to Lieutenant Gummo and also the Erie COunty DA's office. He also stated that his understanding was that the DA's office is not taking a light look at this and they do expect a conviction.

I apologize if my hearing was incorrect.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information