So Tricoli writes about Jim Allen. Tricoli comments that the Amherst Industrial Development Agency under the leadership of Jim Allen has not assisted "small business" and has "cost" (Amherst) taxpayers a lot of money.

What could the AIDA offer to small businesses that the businesses would want? I don't think there's anything. The AIDA by it's very design is intended to assist large projects. So, if that's what they are there for, why is it a problem. What I do find insulting is that Allen has on various occasions been quoted as saying that the AIDA is really trying to help small businesses. Obviously, that's a crock.

I do not think that taxpayers have taken hits because of the AIDA's tax breaks. Their reduced tax deals have mostly been conducted on property that was giving almost no tax to the schools/town before. So even if there are a few bucks more being generated, it's a contribution that wasn't there before.

When all is said and done, though, I wouldn't trust Jim Allen with a nickle of my money. He's been allowed far to much freedom to do whatever he feels like doing. Someone needs to reign him in.

I volunteer.