Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Anti-Anti-Paladino

I'm talking about the backlash from the backlash. Once too many people join the anti-paladino bandwagon, it will create a reverse reaction to defend him.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Carl did help get rid of the tolls which helped our community...

Carl in the past and has pushed for better schools for buffalo where a LARGE group of minorities attend...

What other Charitable things has Carl done for our community in the past?...

I don't want to hear he bought property and it sits. Dozens of other people in WNY do that also. There are also 100's of other landlords who let homes rot in neighborhoods along with loads of people on the welfare system who can not even clean up after themselves...Not counting 1000's of parents who can't even teach their own children respect for others and other's properties...

Are there any other causes Carl champions with donations?

Why doesn't carl start a program to help parents be better parents?

I heard a story about this on NPR a few months back, some group started a "parent college." They started when they were expecting and continue to do a class pertaining to their child's age. Obviously bad parenting is a cycle and most of these people are repeating with what they know.

He could also start programs or donate to programs that keep these juvis off the street instead of complaining how they ruined his empty lot. He complains but doesn't do anything to help the problem.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    He could also start programs or donate to programs that keep these juvis off the street instead of complaining how they ruined his empty lot. He complains but doesn't do anything to help the problem.
    Isn't this the parent's job?

Domesticated addresses that, res, when she says parents give what they've gotten. They really don't know better in most cases.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    I'm talking about the backlash from the backlash. Once too many people join the anti-paladino bandwagon, it will create a reverse reaction to defend him.
    i was anti-pally before the news of his email forwarding came to light, and i will still be anti-pally because myself and many more people in my neighborhood know exactly the type of character carl paladino really is.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't want to hear he bought property and it sits. Dozens of other people in WNY do that also. There are also 100's of other landlords who let homes rot in neighborhoods along with loads of people on the welfare system who can not even clean up after themselves...Not counting 1000's of parents who can't even teach their own children respect for others and other's properties...

Are there any other causes Carl champions with donations?
    those other people (you say) aren't running for governor of the state of new york and you don't know about how many thousands of tickets are wrote up in housing court a month for bad properties. never carl though, you have no idea how many people looked the other way when he had building permits hanging in his window for a property of another address. this is the kind of guy he is. but it would be typical of you to blame the poor, ignorant, selfish, good-for-nothing, lazy, welfare parents for raising bad kids claiming they're dumping garbage on a vacant paladino building, his guy is too busy sending out racist/sexually degrading emails instead of getting a bucket of soap and water to wash the windows of the buildings he owns and stop bringing a neighborhood down into a ghetto-like community. you said blame the poor, ignorant, selfish, good-for-nothing, lazy welfare parents, isn't this what you're saying, it's their fault carl paladino is a slumlord?

Quote Originally Posted by bflo_resident1 View Post
    i was anti-pally before the news of his email forwarding came to light, and i will still be anti-pally because myself and many more people in my neighborhood know exactly the type of character carl paladino really is.
    Yes, of course. Everyone that hated Paladino before will continue hating him now. I thought he was a tool, and my impression of him has only gotten worse since last week.

But the majority of NYS had no previous opinion of him. He came out of the gate looking like an ass (literally) and is now a joke in the campaign. But if the fallout becomes too extreme there will be a backlash in support of him. I'm not saying he'll become governor necessarily.

Just today there are reports that the state is trying to cancel development contracts with Paladino based on his emails. That's a perfect example of going too far. Should people lose legal contracts solely based on personal emails sent between friends and leaked to the news? I don't think it would hold up in court. It's getting into the realm of Privacy Violation... fuzzy as that is.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Everyone is part of our community. Lazy or not everyone has to try to do their own share.. Carl might be a putz but focus on all the issues not just him because you don't like him.

I asked you to post FACTS up not just "He's an awful person"... You.. of all people.. Bad mouthing tim K one day.. then stumping for him against bill.

Remember Alan said he has 65 emails... Well if he is so appalled at that and you are... who are the 65 who sent them over?

I actually remember getting the email with Obama dressed as a pimp...I forwarded it with the comment to someone... Look at the amount of time someone wasted in photo shop with this... Does that make me a racist?

No bull**** that "Carl is the one running for governor". Racism is racism no matter who you are... wouldn't you agree?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes, of course. Everyone that hated Paladino before will continue hating him now. I thought he was a tool, and my impression of him has only gotten worse since last week.

But the majority of NYS had no previous opinion of him. He came out of the gate looking like an ass (literally) and is now a joke in the campaign. But if the fallout becomes too extreme there will be a backlash in support of him. I'm not saying he'll become governor necessarily.

Just today there are reports that the state is trying to cancel development contracts with Paladino based on his emails. That's a perfect example of going too far. Should people lose legal contracts solely based on personal emails sent between friends and leaked to the news? I don't think it would hold up in court. It's getting into the realm of Privacy Violation... fuzzy as that is.

I wonder how many other people on that list of 65 emails do business with NYS... THose emails came from somewhere.. They weren't just spammed over to carl. I am not giving carl a pass on this stuff. BUt you can't punish one and not all.

Unregistered
    It's getting into the realm of Privacy Violation... fuzzy as that is.
    it's not a violation of privacy when he knowingly redistributed the emails using his real name and public email address. when someone is running, of elected as a seat like governor, nothing is private.

the other night there was a story on capital review entirely about the self-destruction of pally's campaign, they said what i was thinking, he could have deleted the emails but instead sent them along to others, and while it's not uncommon for friends/family to share things in email, he is the public figure that forwarded the inapropriate materal to enough people that it was picked up by wnymedia.net. all of this is with the expection of his lack of responsibilities in our communities.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    it's not a violation of privacy when he knowingly redistributed the emails using his real name and public email address. when someone is running, of elected as a seat like governor, nothing is private.
    Then lets go on a witch hunt and see who sent the emails to carl. We can not allow racism to continue in WNY. Correct? Wouldn't you agree? Or are you ok that the people who forwarded carl those emails are still out there promoting racism .

Unregistered
    Everyone is part of our community. Lazy or not everyone has to try to do their own share.. Carl might be a putz but focus on all the issues not just him because you don't like him.
    carl paladino's property making neighborhoods look like the ghetto is the issue.

You.. of all people.. Bad mouthing tim K one day.. then stumping for him against bill.
    you misread everything i wrote about tim kennedy, i posted the support of him by what others in the communities are saying in support. i, personally, have yet to wave a flag of who i may or may not support in a senate race, but that's a different conversation all together and shouldn't have been brought up in this thread about carl paladino.

Remember Alan said he has 65 emails... Well if he is so appalled at that and you are... who are the 65 who sent them over?
    unless those 65 other email addresses are running for governor, it's irrelevant.

No bull**** that "Carl is the one running for governor". Racism is racism no matter who you are... wouldn't you agree?
    if pally was a decent guy he would have deleted the emails, or marked them as spam, but did not. he forwarded them to his family & friends. he could have broken the chain of racist/sexual in nature garbage, but he chose not to, and as a public figure i don't blame anyone for wanting to break a business contract with him.

Unregistered
    Then lets go on a witch hunt and see who sent the emails to carl. We can not allow racism to continue in WNY. Correct? Wouldn't you agree? Or are you ok that the people who forwarded carl those emails are still out there promoting racism .
    it takes for people to hit the delete button in their email to stop spreading **** over the internet, or to report it as spam. pally chose not to do this, he chose to create an image of himself as a sick pig and a racist by forwarding the material.

Quote Originally Posted by bflo_resident1 View Post

... he is the public figure that forwarded the inapropriate materal to enough people that it was picked up by wnymedia.net. all of this is with the expection of his lack of responsibilities in our communities.
    Some of the emails were sent 2 years ago. He's a private developer with a private business and the emails were not sent from a public account as a public figure. Your comments treat it as if he's already in office. He's not. And the emails were sent long before the campaign.

While I'm not making excuses for his stupidity, I think most people (especially guys) can relate to the reality that they send private emails out that would be offensive to someone somewhere, but were only sent to specific people that would find it funny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information