Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuomo targets Cheektowaga & Depew

Cuomo targets Cheektowaga & Depew

AG Cuomo Targets pension padding in Cheektowaga! " Cuomo calls it "Public Pensions Cashing In" nine area towns are the AG newest phase of the investigation. padding occurs when employees nearing retirment boosting their salaries by working huge amounts of OT to boost their pensions, mostly coming from Police Depts,that has been going this for years. The average annual public payout is 25 g's but there are some that make more than $300 g's. It's costing taxpayers more than $20 Million and by 2012 it will cost tax payers in EC over $7 million. Cuomo said one buffalo cop made $123,000.00 in overtime in his final year his base pay was $58,248 he penioned of with $105,631 anual pension. cheektowaga's top retired cop a capt. so far is about $71,000.00 annual pension with the last years pay over $100,000.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Why wouldn't people pad their pensions? Like he wouldn't do it if he could?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    Why wouldn't people pad their pensions? Like he wouldn't do it if he could?
    It was something that should have NEVER been negociated into any government labor contract. You should be paid over time if you work the hours but it should not reflect in anyway on your pension payout. Take your earned overtime and put it away into your savings if you want more when you retire.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It was something that should have NEVER been negociated into any government labor contract. You should be paid over time if you work the hours but it should not reflect in anyway on your pension payout. Take your earned overtime and put it away into your savings if you want more when you retire.
    They should average the last seven to ten years.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    They should average the last seven to ten years.
    No, they should probably stop the pensions and do 401k's not guaranteed by non-government labor/business owners. If all government types were in the same boat as the people who produce the revenue our country runs on things would run much differently.

Wanna wake up congress? Take away the Cadillac health care packages they have and let them fend for themselves. They can go buy what is available like most other non-government labor/business owners do.

But it is done, so why wouldn't people do it?
    You're right, they should have a 401k, but they don't.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But it is done, so why wouldn't people do it?
    You're right, they should have a 401k, but they don't.
    Of course people are going to do it. They don't give a **** the burden they place on others. I know a lot of people reading don't understand what I mean because they don't see an issue with it either. They only worry about their asses not the burden they place on others.

Of course people are going to do it. They don't give a **** the burden they place on others. I know a lot of people reading don't understand what I mean because they don't see an issue with it either. They only worry about their asses not the burden they place on others.
    I see the issue with it, what I don't see is why Cuomo is going after ALL the state workers that do. It's done in all state agencies, not just local agencies.

I see the issue with it, what I don't see is why Cuomo is going after ALL the state workers that do. It's done in all state agencies, not just local agencies.
    I think it time to stop it, and someone should start looking into it.!!!!!!!! Like Meckler from the NFTA if you ask me he is crook he is padding his pension and then retire. Do you care that you are paying big taxes in this area to support idiots like this.

No, they should probably stop the pensions and do 401k's not guaranteed by non-government labor/business owners. If all government types were in the same boat as the people who produce the revenue our country runs on things would run much differently.

Wanna wake up congress? Take away the Cadillac health care packages they have and let them fend for themselves. They can go buy what is available like most other non-government labor/business owners do.
    You are completely correct. I like that idea better.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

They pad there pensions retire and move out of state
    They have every right but I wonder how many pension checks are to NYorkers living somewhere else

I don't blame the guys who do it. I blame the fools who have allowed it to happen.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I don't blame the guys who do it. I blame the fools who have allowed it to happen.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    i don't blame the guys who do it. I blame the fools who have allowed it to happen.
    bingO.......
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    I think it time to stop it, and someone should start looking into it.!!!!!!!! Like Meckler from the NFTA if you ask me he is crook he is padding his pension and then retire. Do you care that you are paying big taxes in this area to support idiots like this.
    Cuomo has worked for the State for how long now? We've been supporting these idiots since before his dad was in office. Now it's an issue? Really?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information