Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Critics say patio homes would mar Stiglemeier Park

Critics say patio homes would mar Stiglemeier Park

Cheektowaga residents living near the proposed site of patio homes say development adjacent to Stiglmeier Park would be bad for the park and bad for traffic
    http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/819189.html

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/818431.html
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/819189.html

does anybody know what happened to the patio home complex for stiglemeier park? they held the public hearing back in october and i never heard whether they passed it or defeated it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why on earth ruin any green space seeing how much of it was destroyed by benderson and other developers.

res, you are correct. rumor has been going around that the board passed it. can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by SabreTooth; January 7th, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What does the current town board have against green space?

res, you seem to have your connections with the town board. can you find out?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We'll see if they pm me or call me...

Unrelated article but they mention it:

December 28, 2009

In a process similar to the one Marriott wants to abandon, the Cheektowaga Town Board reaches consensus in work sessions. Often held on alternate weeks, they can go on for hours in a small, upstairs room. While these meetings are public, session subjects are only announced shortly before the gathering.

This past week’s topics — posted four hours beforehand—included a controversial development of 19 patio homes near Stiglmeier Park.

As a park committee member and critic, Wiercioch would have attended, had she known the topic.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/906495.html
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

The Church I minister in is next to Stiglemeir park. Over the 10 years I've been there I have honestly noticed a large increase in traffic on Losson road---and this is the entire length.

I don't know if adding patio homes will make the traffic worse, but it definitely wouldn't help. Plus, as was stated, eliminating green space is not necessary.
    The town should be thinking of ways to tame the traffic on Losson Rd. a bit. You can wait for a good long time to get through the Borden/Losson Rd. light.

Getting out of the Church parking lot can be a challenge at times, as well.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There are other places that can be reclaimed in Cheektowaga. Knock down some vacant buildings and build there. So what if it cost the developer more money. Frankly it's not my issue what it cost the developer or anyone else in Cheektowaga.

No more patio homes. If you want to live in Cheektowaga you are in the same boat as everyone else. You pay what the tax rate is, no less.

nothing has been passed on this it was not even mentioned the past board meetings of nov, dec. 2009. it will have to to passed at a board meeting before anything can happen.
    res green space what about all the deer they shoot in the park year after year they don't care!
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I can see a reason to thin a deer herd out.

I think it's stupid we use police and pay them overtime. I know people who can out shoot the majority of police so a "concern" about safety is bull****. If an officer accidently shot someone during a kill who would get sued? THe union who represents them or the tax payer? If it's the tax payer I say we use bow volunteers and save the money on overtime.

WHy won't the town board grow a set of balls and start putting their foot down on bull****?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I think it's stupid we use police and pay them overtime. I know people who can out shoot the majority of police so a "concern" about safety is bull****. If an officer accidently shot someone during a kill who would get sued? THe union who represents them or the tax payer? If it's the tax payer I say we use bow volunteers and save the money on overtime.

WHy won't the town board grow a set of balls and start putting their foot down on bull****?
    And when the bow hunter accidently shoots someone who gets sued? The bow hunter (limited $$) or the Town (lots of $$, albeit taxpayer $$) that let them shoot deer on Town property.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Have a bowhunting lottery and let people take the deer.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

ya you want tho thin it out, but not every year it's a money make in OT for the politicial butt sniffers, again the head of the parks dept (ot) is brought into this.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information