Thread: Tesla wants more time to ramp up solar roof production in Buffalo

Tesla wants more time to ramp up solar roof production in Buffalo

It’s going to take longer for Tesla Inc. to increase production of its solar roof in Buffalo.

The electric vehicle maker, which has promised to bring 1,460 jobs to its South Park Avenue solar plant, said Wednesday that it now expects to ramp up production of the solar roof – expected to be Tesla’s main product in Buffalo – during the first half of next year.

That’s later than Tesla’s previous forecast, from as recently as August, that solar roof production would increase later this year.
    Tesla blamed the complexity of the solar roof, which looks like a conventional roof but has solar cells inside, and the need to do intensive testing on the new product, for the delay.
    “Due to the complexity of solar roof, we continue to iterate on the design of the product via intensive reliability testing and we also continue to refine the installation process,” Tesla said in a letter to shareholders Wednesday as it announced that it had a profitable quarter for only the third time since 2013.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/10/24/t...on-in-buffalo/
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did you see the article in Forbes? Tesla's car division showed some good results.

Pretty much everything has been said about Tesla: it was selling vehicles at a loss and would never be able to make them under the right conditions and fast enough, that its founder was crazy and would lead the company to ruin, while one industry veteran acclaimed the Model S, calling on car collectors to buy one “before the company goes belly up.” But this quarter, Tesla has not only made tons of money, boosting its share price and giving the NASDAQ its best day in months, but has also fulfilled its production and distribution objectives, showing every sign of staying in the black, at least until it has to pay interest on loans in the first quarter of next year.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/enrique.../#7ede61153ca4

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Did you see the article in Forbes? Tesla's car division showed some good results.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/enrique.../#7ede61153ca4

Cars have nothing to do with the Buffalo plant.

New York make a $750 million dollar bet on solar in Buffalo with this factory.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know. I was just trying to point to something positive about Tesla.

I’m amazed that anyone believes a word from the mouth of that whack job pillhead on anything having to do with the finances of Tesla. He’s spread more lies about that stuff than Stormy Daniels has spread her hams.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I’m amazed that anyone believes a word from the mouth of that whack job pillhead on anything having to do with the finances of Tesla. He’s spread more lies about that stuff than Stormy Daniels has spread her hams.
    Look, Musk is out there and you don't like him but you can't discredit what he has done in the last 19 years. He founded PayPal. He founded SpaceX. He founded Tesla. Those are all major companies and one could claim lifetime success on just one of these. Hell his side project the boring company is more successful than 98% of business venutres.

Is he a bit crazy and have some issues? Of course. But most brilliant men do.

Leftie, the man has repeatedly lied about Tesla and this bogus solar panel crap. Finally, the SEC went after him for material misstatements regarding Tesla. That’s been his whole method of operating the company, lies about finances, lies about vehicle safety, lies about the use of substandard materials, lies about requiring Tesla buyers to sign nondisclosure agreements as a condition of purchasing Teslas, lies about his idiot solar panels. Hell, I could be considered a monumental success if governors were giving me $750 million plants for nothing just so they can line the pockets of campaign contributors. He’s a clever guy; whenever the heat gets turned up on Tesla he announces some other grand scheme to deflect the problems. And I always love people with more money than God who remind us how hard their lives really are. Why, just this summer he went public with the fact he had to work on his birthday! Poor baby!! I don’t know about you but I tossed and turned for a week thinking about the hardship he endured! I don’t care if he invents a workable perpetual motion machine; he’s a pillhead and inveterate liar who can’t ever be trusted. As for most brilliant men having issues a lot of dullards do too. The difference is that it’s society that usually pays the price for the “issues” of the brilliant while dullards typically pick up their own tab.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, the man has repeatedly lied about Tesla and this bogus solar panel crap. Finally, the SEC went after him for material misstatements regarding Tesla. That’s been his whole method of operating the company, lies about finances, lies about vehicle safety, lies about the use of substandard materials, lies about requiring Tesla buyers to sign nondisclosure agreements as a condition of purchasing Teslas, lies about his idiot solar panels. Hell, I could be considered a monumental success if governors were giving me $750 million plants for nothing just so they can line the pockets of campaign contributors. He’s a clever guy; whenever the heat gets turned up on Tesla he announces some other grand scheme to deflect the problems. And I always love people with more money than God who remind us how hard their lives really are. Why, just this summer he went public with the fact he had to work on his birthday! Poor baby!! I don’t know about you but I tossed and turned for a week thinking about the hardship he endured! I don’t care if he invents a workable perpetual motion machine; he’s a pillhead and inveterate liar who can’t ever be trusted. As for most brilliant men having issues a lot of dullards do too. The difference is that it’s society that usually pays the price for the “issues” of the brilliant while dullards typically pick up their own tab.

All of the 'lies' you mention, sadly, are typical of CEOs. I am not saying the guy is an honest businessman. I am not saying he has integrity. I am saying that he's a visionary. There are a handful of people on earth at any given time that can do BIG things. But while they do BIG and great things they are also flawed humans almost every time. All I am saying is you can't discredit what he has done. You can despise the person he is but you can't erase the work done.

You're 100% correct that society pays the price. That's why so many times these people try to give back their wealth at the ends of their lives. It is their self-inflicted penance.

People like to think that we're past the industrial age. That we are beyond stepping on people to move ahead, but it's simply not true. That's not how humanity works. Most every human is just organic material to be disposed of over time to advance the species for the next generation.

He may be running a scam on his electric cars. He may be running a scam on his batteries. He may be running a scam on his solar shingles. But there is simply no denying that his companies have advanced solar energy. There is no denying that his companies have reduced the use of fossil fuels. Both of these things are true and have great value.

Maybe you and I won't fully benefit from these advancements. Maybe we will be worm food by the time they are really leveraged but the truth is the process needed to start somewhere and by someone.....who odds are is a bit freaking crazy.

Thread Information