Thread: part time slot for town attorney

Tony Fracasso - Admin

part time slot for town attorney

My2cents

Originally Posted by bwilson
    I have heard some great things about the Hamburg Democratic Party. This next year will bring new leaders to the forefront, new energy to he campaigns. They have a renewed interest among the elder statesmen and fresh perspective coming from the younger and newer committemen. Sorrentino is doing anything but fading away.

Having Sorrentino beg Smith to run for council does not bring new energy to the democratic party. It serves one purpose only, and that is to maintain dem control in Hamburg at all costs. It is not a concern for proper government but a concern for the party. Why is it that Sorrentino, the town attorney, fails to do his job properly and then bashes Walters in the Sun and signs off as dem chairman. This clearly shows the arrogance of the Hamburg dems. $64,000 for a part time job. He retires. Walters asks for a part time slot for town attorney at $32,000, and the board says no and offers a contract to Sorrentino at.....$64,000. I've found the answer to the $64,000 question - Sorrentino! Wake up people.
    What did you mean a slot of a town attorney at $32,000 ? At what hourly rate do they use up the $32,000 for?

Why would you budget $64,000 for one person if $32,000 would do?

When Sorrentino retired in November, Walters had proposed making the position part time. Sorrentino was making $64,000 in the position. Walters wanted to pay the new person $32,000 for his work. The board ignored him and instead approved a contract that would retain Sorrentino as town attorney at the yearly sum of $64,000. Not much work to be done in this position as the majority of legal work is farmed out to outside firms.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    What did you mean a slot of a town attorney at $32,000 ? At what hourly rate do they use up the $32,000 for?

Why would you budget $64,000 for one person if $32,000 would do?
    Is any of this acceptable to anyone who wants to have their Town back? I hope any other party has worthy, honest, knowledgable people ready to run against this Board. Better yet, I wish they all are forced to resign. There are certainly good enough reasons if the TRUTH be known. I am a registered Democrat, but not one of them will get my vote. Let's all forget party politics and vote for good people.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by My2cents
    When Sorrentino retired in November, Walters had proposed making the position part time. Sorrentino was making $64,000 in the position. Walters wanted to pay the new person $32,000 for his work. The board ignored him and instead approved a contract that would retain Sorrentino as town attorney at the yearly sum of $64,000. Not much work to be done in this position as the majority of legal work is farmed out to outside firms.
    What a way to piss away the residents hard earned money. At $125 per hour that would be 512 hours of work or 64 days of solid 8 hours days.

how much would a average town budget for "outside" legal hourly work?

Thread Information