Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The bike path off Pavement

The bike path off Pavement

Have not seen much going on for the past couple of weeks. What is the deal, anyone know?

If my memory serves me correct did I not hear rumor had it that Giza got the fill for free, then now we have to pay 50 thousand dollars? What happened? Why was it free then now we need to pay 50 thou? Isn't this inappropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Have not seen much going on for the past couple of weeks. What is the deal, anyone know?

If my memory serves me correct did I not hear rumor had it that Giza got the fill for free, then now we have to pay 50 thousand dollars? What happened? Why was it free then now we need to pay 50 thou? Isn't this inappropriate?
    A totally unrelated question. Is this the path that runs across Pavement, north of Nichter? Even thought it is not completed, has anyone walked on it yet?

While I basically support the project, my guess is it will cost more than the original estimates.

I do walk the paths in Clarence and they are nice.

I really don't understand why the $50 thousand was spent before it was bid out. But, what do I know, I'm only a taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    A totally unrelated question. Is this the path that runs across Pavement, north of Nichter? Even thought it is not completed, has anyone walked on it yet?

While I basically support the project, my guess is it will cost more than the original estimates.

I do walk the paths in Clarence and they are nice.

I really don't understand why the $50 thousand was spent before it was bid out. But, what do I know, I'm only a taxpayer.
    Yeah, that one. You are probably right, Giza should get a new estimator. But hey, what do I know too, I'm a taxpayer too....

I've used the bike path in Clarence....not too far from my home and safer to go for a jog there than the streets.....I still carry a pistol in a "belt" pack just in "case" - don't worry I have a pistol permit, I'm not crazy, so don't call the cops on me please.

Question: Clarence provides and has people doing security on their path...what is Lancaster doing about that? My main concern...and I've already told my wife and oldest daughter....they are not to use that path alone! I worry about weirdos...if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangodown View Post
    I've used the bike path in Clarence....not too far from my home and safer to go for a jog there than the streets.....I still carry a pistol in a "belt" pack just in "case" - don't worry I have a pistol permit, I'm not crazy, so don't call the cops on me please.

Question: Clarence provides and has people doing security on their path...what is Lancaster doing about that? My main concern...and I've already told my wife and oldest daughter....they are not to use that path alone! I worry about weirdos...if you know what I mean.
    Yeah, well Giza said he doesn't have an army. Oh wait he said, rumor has it that people will adapt or something like that. No I don't think he will secure or watch the place. In Westwood Park, the bikers, four wheelers have ruined the wilderness trail. I suspect that will happen on the bike path off Pavement. I wonder what Giza is going to do about it......Oh wait he doesn't have an army of police.

Well for goodness sakes, we have more police than any other town, right? Wait, Clarence does NOT have a police department? How do they have security on that path then? Hmm

Good thought though Tango, watch your fam.

Yeah, well Giza said he doesn't have an army. Oh wait he said, rumor has it that people will adapt or something like that. No I don't think he will secure or watch the place. In Westwood Park, the bikers, four wheelers have ruined the wilderness trail. I suspect that will happen on the bike path off Pavement. I wonder what Giza is going to do about it......Oh wait he doesn't have an army of police.

Well for goodness sakes, we have more police than any other town, right? Wait, Clarence does NOT have a police department? How do they have security on that path then? Hmm

Good thought though Tango, watch your fam.
    4 wheelers and dirkbikes should be able to use those paths for connecting to other riding areas. All you have to do is make it wide enough for a paved path on one side for walkers, skaters, and bicycles and a dirt path on the other that could be maintained just like the snowmobile trails get maintained.

Sled trails also have signs like "caution", "slow down", "quiet please", "keep right", "stop", etc... When you build a bike path that wont accomodate motorsports, you end up with a wheeler or dirk bike trying to get through it at hign speed and disrespect to avoid a bust. You idiots are just making it more dangerous for yourselves by not inviting all to enjoy the path.

Snowmobilers share paths with cross country skiers and snowshoers. Why cant you seasonal summer freaks do the same thing? Youre all awful people!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    4 wheelers and dirkbikes should be able to use those paths for connecting to other riding areas. All you have to do is make it wide enough for a paved path on one side for walkers, skaters, and bicycles and a dirt path on the other that could be maintained just like the snowmobile trails get maintained.

Sled trails also have signs like "caution", "slow down", "quiet please", "keep right", "stop", etc... When you build a bike path that wont accomodate motorsports, you end up with a wheeler or dirk bike trying to get through it at hign speed and disrespect to avoid a bust. You idiots are just making it more dangerous for yourselves by not inviting all to enjoy the path.

Snowmobilers share paths with cross country skiers and snowshoers. Why cant you seasonal summer freaks do the same thing? Youre all awful people!
    Listen freak, we did not design the damn bike path, Giza did! Hey, your idea is a good one, why don't you tell it to the piper. BECAUSE it is done for trikes and people walking, it does make it dangerous for other vehicles of such to travel on the path.

So to put you in your place, the people did not decide, the people did not design the path, the people just open their damn wallets and pay for this
    s--t, got it?

Listen freak, we did not design the damn bike path, Giza did! Hey, your idea is a good one, why don't you tell it to the piper. BECAUSE it is done for trikes and people walking, it does make it dangerous for other vehicles of such to travel on the path.

So to put you in your place, the people did not decide, the people did not design the path, the people just open their damn wallets and pay for this
    s--t, got it?
    LOL I love it!
    So, when are you people going to get control of your town?
    Ever hear of tax revolt? Stop paying. And when the thugs show up, defend yourself.
    All there is in that town are bars and churches, wont find courage in places like that.

I use the Clarence Bike path often.

There are never 4-wheelers or dirt bikes on it. The path is paved (I assume Lancaster's will be as well?)

Before the Joan Diver murder, they used to have metal poles that would keep out motor vehicles. Afterward, the poles came down, in order to allow police patrols.

I run there a few nights a week during the summer, and Troopers come down the path about 75% of the time I'm there. I would expect that Lancaster police will add the trail to their patrol.

Unhappy This is Lancaster

Lancaster is buying "milling's" for the trail - from who?

As far as "Police Patrols" - Until Chief Stoldz says, "My Department will patrol the trail, no added cost to taxpayers, no extra Officers or OT will be paid out for those who patrol it." - I have a hard time believing we wont pay more taxes, unless the Sheriffs or someone else is going to do it??????????

If our Department patrols it - how would they do it - on foot - on bicycle - motorized vehicle of some sort?????????????

In Lancaster, you cant "assume" anything -
    except, taxpayers will get the bill.

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post

If our Department patrols it - how would they do it - on foot - on bicycle - motorized vehicle of some sort?????????????
    In Clarence, the Troopers come through on car. I don't see why lancaster police can't add this to their patrol. Wouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Lancaster is buying "milling's" for the trail - from who?

As far as "Police Patrols" - Until Chief Stoldz says, "My Department will patrol the trail, no added cost to taxpayers, no extra Officers or OT will be paid out for those who patrol it." - I have a hard time believing we wont pay more taxes, unless the Sheriffs or someone else is going to do it??????????

In Lancaster, you cant "assume" anything -
    except, taxpayers will get the bill.

How about http://www.segway.com/patrol/for-patrol/

Gotta watch the video

http://www.segway.com/patrol/videos/videos.php

I say force the fat ones to walk it or bike it....it would be good for them, and solve two problems at ounce.

No seriously, what about that or what about if someone needed first aid? Did Giza bother to confer with the Fire Department, Police, LVAC, Rural metro about the trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    LOL I love it!
    So, when are you people going to get control of your town?
    Ever hear of tax revolt? Stop paying. And when the thugs show up, defend yourself.
    All there is in that town are bars and churches, wont find courage in places like that.
    Your a punk go back in your basement and eat another hot pocket. I used to wipe the floor up with guys like you at Peter K's.

Therising, good point. I would hope that the Lancaster patrol would include the bike path. This new path is becoming popular and the four wheelers and motorcycle's will encounter passerby~~that would be terrible if something were to happen.

Look at it this way, the police station is down the road, so they should patrol this path. They can drive down it now. I think soon when the temps warm up that they will pave it.

We will see, I suspect if these four wheelers continue to cause trouble, Giza & Co. will get alot of complaints.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information