Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheekman - the trash never stops - NFTA trash

You know, there are NFTA stops all over western New York that are little more than garbage dumps. Why don’t the communities get together and pressure NFTA to clean up the mess their patrons are making.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Good question.

I was surprised at the person's response on the NFTA's facebook page

NFTA
    You should reach out to the owner of the property. They would be responsible for cleaning up the property.
    I think it's wiser to go after the group responsible for the mess.

Maybe a few lawsuits asking for money damages, requesting that NFTA stops are shut down until NFTA cleans them up and keeps them that way. The only way to get the attention of these authorities is to drag them before a judge (One who’s not a Democrat trying to line up jobs for halfwit family members. We saw how that worked out before) and get the judge to start issuing orders.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm not going to spend any money on a lawsuit over trash.

I was going to make a comment like "maybe town boards don't want to rock the boat on items like this because they may need a patronage job" but thought that would be assuming too much.

First off I don't represent the town in anyway so asking the NFTA to clean up their mess carries no clout. The bus stop is a few doors down but the wind blows the trash into the parking lot/lawn. The NFTA could say... "you don't know if our passengers are littering. The wind blew that trash and carts next to our bus stop".

I was going to say more but I'm going to sound like a prick so I'll stop here

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's my opinion that the bus stop needs to go.

If the NFTA business creates trash which they don't clean up they should not be allowed to operate in our town. I don't want to hear it's the property owner's responsibility to clean up that ongoing mess. The property owner didn't make that mess. I'm pretty sure if the property owner did they would get a fine and told to clean it up.

It's also not the town board's responsibility to clean up the mess. It is their responsibility to fine and stop the business creating the mess. In this case it's the NFTA Bus Company.

If I was on the town board I would tell the NFTA if they don't clean up their mess time to remove the bus stop. It's an eyesore.

Cheektowaga Bus Stop Garbage

So what did the town building inspectors office say when you called this in ?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's not the town building inspectors responsibility. It's the company who is littering responsibility

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Discarded needles found at downtown bus stop
    Posted: 5:47 PM, Nov 13, 2017

"The staff at NFTA/Metro works hard to keep the area in and around our bus stops clean and safe for our riders. After learning about the discarded needles at the bus stop the debris was immediately cleaned up," Tederous said.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/discarded-...ntown-bus-stop

So now this leaves me wondering where is the "staff" that is supposed to be working hard to keep the area around this bus stop clean.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It's not the town building inspectors responsibility. It's the company who is littering responsibility
    It's called ENFORCEMENT. Code Inspector's involvement will only enforce the effort to hold the NFTA /METRO accountable...fining $$ if possible their lack of response to get the cleanup done and continue to monitor their actions !

So did you call the Nfta?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    It's called ENFORCEMENT. Code Inspector's involvement will only enforce the effort to hold the NFTA /METRO accountable...fining $$ if possible their lack of response to get the cleanup done and continue to monitor their actions !
    I was told by Dan it's the "property owners" issues not the NFTA's unless I misunderstood what he said.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    So did you call the Nfta?
    I posted up in October on the facebook page and I was told I have to take it up with the property owner.

Then yesterday I posted up those photo's on speakup.... Did a little research to see who is on the board of directors of the NFTA.

http://www.nfta.com/About/board.aspx

Did a little more research and found that wkbw story to see if this is an issue from this business who operates the buses.

Saw this

"The staff at NFTA/Metro works hard to keep the area in and around our bus stops clean and safe for our riders. After learning about the discarded needles at the bus stop the debris was immediately cleaned up," Tederous said.
    Now we all know that really doesn't apply to this bus stop because it's always trashed.

Now Monday between the that stuff I'm doing I'll pop over an email to the board of directors asking for the bus stop to be removed. It's an eye sore with all the trash and stolen shopping carts. I know there will be some BS about they can't do that blau blau blau. I understand that.

Might be worth picking up all the carts and trash them dumping it in front of their office. Then some patronage hire will come out and say "Hey you are littering, you can't do that". Then respond take it up with the property owner. What are they going to say? That was their answer.

Discarded needles found at downtown bus stop
    Posted: 5:47 PM, Nov 13, 2017

https://www.wkbw.com/news/discarded-...ntown-bus-stop

So now this leaves me wondering where is the "staff" that is supposed to be working hard to keep the area around this bus stop clean.
    WNY, here’s a clue. They were lying. The administration of NFTA are past masters at it. Last year they lied and lied until backed into a corner about the secret raises given by the liar in chief to certain executives. When they ran out of lies they simply lied again and said the liar in chief was out of town on vacation. She may have been out of town but NFTA could’ve agreed to make her available at a press conference upon her return. Instead, they counted on their media friends to simply drop the story as they obligingly did. The only way to force them to clean up is through continued legal action to take their responsibility seriously. Remember the Water Authority and the aftermath of the October storm. Only after the power was restored did it become clear how close Erie County came to major public health emergency because ECWA had refused to invest in back up generators to keep water flowing in an emergency. The Health Department sued ECWA to compel it to install the generators. Even after court orders in favor of the Health Dept, ECWA refused to act and it wasn’t until it was virtually threatened with contempt of court that ECWA agreed to comply.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A lot of agencies seem to be that way...

They are reactive when running our area versus proactive.

You pay a lot , a lot of taxes to a town that has people that provide services for us. Call the town and file a complaint, they can then deal with the nfta, property owners or whoever to clean it up. If you keep posting to the audience on speak up, I’m not sure anything will really be done, as a matter of fact, probably nothing will be done besides you wasting your time. So for all the posts you put on here, which we do appreciate, you could have constructed a clever e mail or even made an actual phone call that would have taken about 5 minutes of your time, and sent it to the powers that be.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information