Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cheekman - the trash never stops - NFTA trash

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't want to waste the time of the property owner. I only want to focus on the actual cause of the situation. That would be the NFTA
    If it only worked that way...reality is..the property owner is RESPONSIBLE for the maintenance of his parcel...despite the fact that he is not causing the problem to occur Legally it his responsibility to maintain this parcel and HE should be the primary individual to bring this to the attention of NFTA and the Town...You are obviously being affected by this condition...despite that it is not the fault of the property owner...but again...he is the owner... who could be cited for the issue that exists....even if it is not his fault.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just because the has been the way it has been doesn't mean that is the way it has to be.

Don't waste the property owners time. Correct the cause of the trash.

res correct the problem? no one will say a word about the problem. why because you would be called a racist. If you go by take a look at what is sitting on the shopping carts. white trash and blacks with head phones on and rapping away with garbage all around them. I went by on sunday and stopped at timmies then continued down union. omg you now have this mess going all the way down union road heading north. every bus stop on both sides on union road. The problem is not the owner of the property its the people throwing trash all over the ground and building shopping cart forts.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was told last night Highway did take the carts back to walmart. Good job but in the end it isn't the "town's" responsibility to clean up after the NFTA. I'd like to know how long it took to take the carts back to walmart. NFTA should be invoiced for the time.

Later today I'll go post once again on their facebook page and see if I can find a complain/customer service contact area.

Just drove by and saw it was cleaned up, maybe the property owner will take responsibility now and keep it clean rather than looking like a shopping cart graveyard

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Highway worker took the carts back the walmart. Not the property owner.

The company who is responsible for the mess (NFTA) is going to keep it clean. The property owner is not responsible for that mess or the carts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I posted this on the NFTA facebook page but I believe they are now moderating me. I noticed it is not displaying.

I notified the NFTA back on October 2018 about the mess the NFTA is creating at a bus stop on Union Road in Cheektowaga.

Far as I know town employees took the carts back to the proper businesses.

Once again there are more stolen carts and trash at your bus stop.

Here is an example of the mess at the bus stop on March 21st 2019

Carts

https://flic.kr/p/2fhh9ov

https://flic.kr/p/RvVyEV

Trash that is dropped while people are waiting for the bus

https://flic.kr/p/2fhh8RP

Back on Nov 13, 2017 this article was on WKBW

Discarded needles found at downtown bus stop

https://www.wkbw.com/news/discarded-...ntown-bus-stop

This is a direct quote from that article

"The staff at NFTA/Metro works hard to keep the area in and around our bus stops clean and safe for our riders. After learning about the discarded needles at the bus stop the debris was immediately cleaned up," Tederous said. "

When will your company begin cleaning the mess that is created around this bus stop?

This is an on going issue at this bus stop.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    finally a response through email

I feel like an idiot thinking that bus stop belonged to the NFTA. I swore it said NFTA bus stop on the sign. I never knew we had multiple bus companies in the area.

I responded with:

Who owns that bus stop sign?

Can that bus stop be removed so that the trash issue stops?

I'll let the property owner know.

Sorry for assuming it was your bus stop.

Tony Fracasso
    I know there is only the NFTA for public buses in the area. Now we will find out who technically owns that bus stop. Now if it is somehow owned by the people who own the property and they profit from that spot it will be their responsibility to keep that area clean. Not the responsibility of the "town" to keep that spot clean and return the carts back to walmart.

Dan. That trash doesn't effect me but it's an eye sore.

Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:13 PM
    To: Tony Fracasso
    Subject: RE: Complaint

Thank you for this information. The difference between the first two pictures you sent and the one from WKBW is that one is a shelter and the other property does not belong to the NFTA. We do not own the bus stops. Therefore, you will need to contact the property owner or the town where the trash is located. If you see trash in one of our shelters, please let us know and we will be happy to take care of it.

Thank you for contacting Metro.

Customer Care Dept.
    Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
    181 Ellicott Street

Buffalo, NY 14203
    Ph. 716-855-7211

Website - Metro.nfta.com

Trip Planner - http://infoweb.nfta.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I got another response.

I guess we'll find out who owns the property and have the NFTA's permission taken away to have the bus stop there.

I know if I owned that property and the bus stop users were creating that mess I would tell the NFTA to remove the bus stop.

We are given permission to put our bus stops on the stanchions. However, we do not own the property. The upkeep of the property belongs to the property owner or the town.

Thank you for contacting Metro.

Customer Care Dept.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh I had a thought.

Dan?

who actually owns that little piece of property between the sidewalk and Union Road where the telephone pole is located? That is where the sign is mounted.

Oh I had a thought.

Dan?

who actually owns that little piece of property between the sidewalk and Union Road where the telephone pole is located? That is where the sign is mounted.
    NY state owns it...it is in the right of way.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    NY state owns it...it is in the right of way.
    So it's Cuomo's responsibility to keep that clean?

Google Erie county real property, look up TAX MAPS so you can see the boundaries, http://gis2.erie.gov/HTML5/ErieCount...aunchPage.aspx Then look up the tax info for 3465 Union Rd. it comes back to 3465 Union Rd LLC with a Lancaster NY address.
    Last edited by Electric Eye; March 27th, 2019 at 11:39 PM.

Oh I had a thought.

Dan?

take the bus stops away the problem solved. no more trash coming into the area. but then you will have complaints your a racist. if my property never let them have the bus stop there.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If any other business left the mess that NFTA does at that stop I'm going to assume complaints would be filed.

It's not the property owner in this case creating the mess.

The response from the NFTA said they have permission to put the bus stop there.

I need to find out who can take the permission away.

You can't be racist against trash and garbage.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information