Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Path Rapist Captured????

Bike Path Rapist Captured????

WGRZ.com:
    Police to hold 1:30 news conference to announce an arrest in connection with the Bike Path Rapist case.

One source tells 2 On Your side the suspect is a local man who police have been tracking for the past few days.

It's believed police have obtained a DNA sample from the suspect and that he is in custody.

Members of the Buffalo police, state police, Erie County Sheriff, Amherst police and Cheektowaga police have been involved in the investigation.

The Bike Path Rapist has been in the news recently after Joan Diver, a mother of four from Clarence was murdered in September and DNA tests later tied her murder to the Bike Path Rapist.
    "Here is my principle: Taxes shall be levied according to ability to pay. That is the only American principle."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Let's hope this is true!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

I caught the end of the press confernce on WBEN, and the restaurant owner calling in.
    Did they say how they decided to make him the prime suspect, and therefore follow him to the restaurant to snag his dna off a glass?
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

They said he was a suspect as early as last week. Needed the DNA. The restaurant was probably their first opportunity to get a good quality sample.

Great timing....

1:29pm and I get a conference call from a customer and I missed the whole press conference, what did they say? SORRY!
    "Here is my principle: Taxes shall be levied according to ability to pay. That is the only American principle."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Unregistered

Sanchez' DNA is a match to the three murders

BREAKING NEWS: Bike Path Rapist Suspect In Custody
    Monday, January 15, 2007 12:12 PM - WBEN Newsroom

Buffalo, NY (WBEN) - WBEN has learned that a possible suspect was picked up for questioning in the Bike Path Rapist investigation this morning. Sources tell WBEN that the suspect, Altimio Sanchez, is under arrest. Police sources say Sanchez' DNA is a match to the three murders and nine sexual assaults along bike paths and other isolated areas since the 1980's. He is said to be a 48-year old Cheektowaga resident.

I do hope they got him. The bastard has a lot to answer for.
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

Amazing. This suspect is a married father of two. Works as a crane operator. Makes enough money, apparently, to dine at Sole, an upscale restaurant in Williamsville.

I'll bet all his Cheektowaga neighbors will say he was such a nice man, quiet, but a good father and a good neighbor.

My heart breaks for the Diver family. I really want to know who this Sanchez guy is, how he got that way and how we can stop more of him from multiplying.

I know a lot of people, including many on this board, will want him executed ASAP, assuming he is found guilty. But I still feel that, in a case like this, this could be a monster who was made that way, not born to be evil. And I just have to know how that happens -- and if it can be prevented. Bless my liberal heart, I still think some monsters can be unmade, or at least recognized early enough to be stopped before they tear so many lives apart.....

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Amazing. This suspect is a married father of two. Works as a crane operator. Makes enough money, apparently, to dine at Sole, an upscale restaurant in Williamsville.

I'll bet all his Cheektowaga neighbors will say he was such a nice man, quiet, but a good father and a good neighbor.

My heart breaks for the Diver family. I really want to know who this Sanchez guy is, how he got that way and how we can stop more of him from multiplying.

I know a lot of people, including many on this board, will want him executed ASAP, assuming he is found guilty. But I still feel that, in a case like this, this could be a monster who was made that way, not born to be evil. And I just have to know how that happens -- and if it can be prevented. Bless my liberal heart, I still think some monsters can be unmade, or at least recognized early enough to be stopped before they tear so many lives apart.....
    Hi TTF. It's been a while.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    Hi TTF. It's been a while.
    Yup. These are the kinds of issues I just can't stay away from. I fully expect to be torn limb to limb for my views, but it is nice that the first response is not a personal attack. I get really tired of those, which is the main reason I stayed away for a good amount of time.

Anyway, hello Stevenco. Nice to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you and yours.

This suspect is a married father of two. Works as a crane operator.
    I guess that means that there will be a crane operator position open tomorrow.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

I guess this guy worked at American Brass. Three of the attacks occured in the Riverside neighborhood in Buffalo. One was on Military Rd. behind a junkyard (less than 1/2 mile from American Brass). Two were at Riverside HS. I always felt this coward had some kind of connection to the Riverside neighborhood because very few people know the neighborhood (unless they live there or work there). I hope the prisoners give this coward what he deserves in prison.

I was waiting for them to announce that he worked at the amherst review..

haha, JK

I am glad they caught this guy. Isn't American Brass something else now? It is going to be intresting to see all of this play out in the courts.

Actually, this guy fits the model of a significant number of serial rapists/killers -- guys you would least suspect of doing any crime much less something so heinous.

NYS no longer has the death penalty since it was declared unconstitutional a few years ago.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

For you to start this thread with the "poor guy, maybe he can be rehabbed" statement, is about the most twisted thing I can think of right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information