Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Congrats to Terry McCracken

  1. #1
    Member gorja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    11,018

    Congrats to Terry McCracken

    Congratulations to Terry McCracken on his re-election as the Lancaster Democratic committee chair. The 2019 elections should be interesting.
    Have a GREAT day,
    Georgia Schlager

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Congratulations to Terry McCracken on his re-election as the Lancaster Democratic committee chair. The 2019 elections should be interesting.
    Yeah it will be exciting, he will revert this town back to its tax and spend policies. Heads up Republicans & Conservatives....next years election will be one where history will repeat itself.

  3. #3
    Member Lancastermom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Yeah it will be exciting, he will revert this town back to its tax and spend policies. Heads up Republicans & Conservatives....next years election will be one where history will repeat itself.
    You're absoluteky right shortstuff

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Yeah it will be exciting, he will revert this town back to its tax and spend policies. Heads up Republicans & Conservatives....next years election will be one where history will repeat itself.
    You go ahead and keep thinking that, please!

    "Oh, the Dems can't win because of tax and spend policies from years and years ago," shortstuff crows.

    Go ahead and fall into your slumber clinging to that notion, shortstuff.

    But, come on now !!!

    Let's see: On one side you have a freshman GOP chairman who has posted more nonsensical rantings on here than anyone (which clearly exposed his idiocy), and on the other side there is a Dem seasoned pro headlined in this thread. When you do the math, shortstuff, you simply can't count the Dems out just yet! And Lancaster does remain a Dem town in party enrollment. Your pal Donald Trump is also helping all the Dems, especially in "blue" states and especially with women, and God only knows what outrageous things Mr. Trump will do in the coming months. In other words, the Trump GOP is helping people run into the arms of Dems, up and down the ballot, especially in suburban communities like Lancaster, NY.

    Did I mention that Mark Poloncarz will lead the Dem ticket next year and that would help down ballot Dems, too.

    Did we not just witness a stunning team effort on behalf of Jessica Kulpit in the recent primaries where the 'anointed one,' on here at least, turned a sure victory into a race for his very existence as an elected official in town??? Sounds like good new for the local Dems if you ask me. Now the political judge is running for his political life. And with LESS lines in the general election, to be sure. Ha!



    Either way, go ahead and count the Dems out, like Mr. Colby did, and all will be fine, shortstuff.



    shortstuff writes: "he will revert this town back to its tax and spend policies."

    Again, come on now.

    Hmmmm - Aren't the Dems in charge today???

    So, in your mind the party chairmen set the property tax rate ????

    I thought you were smarter than that.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    You go ahead and keep thinking that, please!

    "Oh, the Dems can't win because of tax and spend policies from years and years ago," shortstuff crows.

    Go ahead and fall into your slumber clinging to that notion, shortstuff.

    But, come on now !!!

    Let's see: On one side you have a freshman GOP chairman who has posted more nonsensical rantings on here than anyone (which clearly exposed his idiocy), and on the other side there is a Dem seasoned pro headlined in this thread. When you do the math, shortstuff, you simply can't count the Dems out just yet! And Lancaster does remain a Dem town in party enrollment. Your pal Donald Trump is also helping all the Dems, especially in "blue" states and especially with women, and God only knows what outrageous things Mr. Trump will do in the coming months. In other words, the Trump GOP is helping people run into the arms of Dems, up and down the ballot, especially in suburban communities like Lancaster, NY.

    Did I mention that Mark Poloncarz will lead the Dem ticket next year and that would help down ballot Dems, too.

    Did we not just witness a stunning team effort on behalf of Jessica Kulpit in the recent primaries where the 'anointed one,' on here at least, turned a sure victory into a race for his very existence as an elected official in town??? Sounds like good new for the local Dems if you ask me. Now the political judge is running for his political life. And with LESS lines in the general election, to be sure. Ha!



    Either way, go ahead and count the Dems out, like Mr. Colby did, and all will be fine, shortstuff.



    shortstuff writes: "he will revert this town back to its tax and spend policies."

    Again, come on now.

    Hmmmm - Aren't the Dems in charge today???

    So, in your mind the party chairmen set the property tax rate ????

    I thought you were smarter than that.

    Good afternoon Breezy,

    Points you are spot on with: Seasoned Chairmen is accurate. McCracken has a mindset to personally take care of #1, when he was in control, he put up Democrats that appeal to the type of governing much of us are familiar with, "the tax & spend policies" which put the Town of Lancaster on a trajectory to being one of the top highest taxed town in the county. It was amusing to review threads (note below) from years ago about Terry and how he did things. Greg is a rookie, you are right about that. I love rookies because their energy is so intense and their ideas are bountiful. I would like to see Greg use those ideas and see how he runs the GOP. Let's give him a chance, we all can agree that the GOP struggled for some time. Yes I agree with you about his posts of the past.

    I actually liked Terry, but we all can agree, he is extremely political. That's what motivates him. Yes, Lancaster is a predominate Democratic town and yes the town board is Dem controlled. But I think that Coleman putting up the vote to have the option(s) to override the tax cap is risky. Coleman has set precedent by voting to override the ability to override the cap if the spending goes over the budget. Other towns now are putting their override option to a vote. Check out the proposed budget, notice the increases. Lee has the rendition of those increases.


    My ego is a bit bruised that you thought I was smarter than that Breezy

  6. #6
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    60,322
    Other towns now are putting their override option to a vote.
    It's time to start making the hard decisions that should have been made years ago. It's just math.

  7. #7
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,962
    IMHO:


    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Yes I agree with you about his posts of the past.
    As far as Sojka's past posts, while seemingly awkward and harsh at times, most all of his comments appeared to have reflected two consistent thematic mind frames:

    (1) Government transparency; and

    (2) The need for a strong and competitive two party system in Lancaster, devoid of "Old Boy," interests.

    I am inclined to view those past postings as the musings of a frustrated commentator without portfolio. Up until this point, Sojka's written concerns have been handicapped by the absence of a channel to lend authoritative focus to some glaring areas of needed party reform. To amplify, if one month ago, Sojka said that "Problem X" existed, it would be considered his own opinion, and very probably dismissed. Yet today, if Chairman Sojka identifies "Problem X," it would be worthy of thoughtful attention. Apparently, it was not, and is not, a question of the message validity, but rather one of messenger status.

    In that connection, I think your term "rookie" is not applicable to Sojka. Up until his election, Greg appears to have been an insightful anti-establishment party player, functioning against the grain of the incumbent power-holders. During that time, Sojka constantly shined a disinfecting light on the discredited Republican practice of comfortable, second-string complacency with the Democrats; a generational love-fest of bi-partisan wheeling and dealing at the expense of the people of Lancaster, and the party's own candidates.


    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Let's give him a chance, we all can agree that the GOP struggled for some time.
    Now, as Chairman, Sojka's innovative and all-inclusive ideas may be seen as authoritative. If those ideas are transformed into practical application, all of Lancaster may be well-served . Ergo, your comments bracketed above serve to express my feelings."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 11th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,336
    Mark, Greg being a rookie was applied to him being Chairmen. Not about his activism. His involvement into the community makes him a veteran in the field - activism. His Chair position makes him a rookie.

    As for his expression of ideas and thoughts on Speakup, Im not referring to his position(s) on the issues-that I feel was relevant. Im talking about his mannerism and how he expressed that.

  9. #9
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Mark, Greg being a rookie was applied to him being Chairmen. Not about his activism. His involvement into the community makes him a veteran in the field - activism. His Chair position makes him a rookie.

    As for his expression of ideas and thoughts on Speakup, I’m not referring to his position(s) on the issues-that I feel was relevant. I’m talking about his mannerism and “how” he expressed that.
    Understood.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,336
    Thanks Buddy

  11. #11
    Member gorja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    11,018
    Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    As far as Sojka's past posts, while seemingly awkward and harsh at times, most all of his comments appeared to have reflected two consistent thematic mind frames:

    (1) Government transparency; and

    (2) The need for a strong and competitive two party system in Lancaster, devoid of "Old Boy," interests.
    So in the interest of government transparency and the need for a strong and competitive two party system in Lancaster, devoid of "Old Boy," interests, the posts made by Sojka denigrating Lee were okay?

    I think not.
    Have a GREAT day,
    Georgia Schlager

  12. #12
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    So in the interest of government transparency and the need for a strong and competitive two party system in Lancaster, devoid of "Old Boy," interests, the posts made by Sojka denigrating Lee were okay?

    I think not.
    Gorja, I do not think it is appropriate for any verifiable identity on this site to be denigrated. I have previously said that, and reacted to such comments in the past, and you know that.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 12th, 2018 at 04:48 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Terry McCracken
    By ichingtheory in forum Village of Lancaster and Town of Lancaster Politics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: September 1st, 2014, 01:18 PM
  2. Terry McCracken launches phone poll- can I be the next -
    By 4248 in forum Village of Lancaster and Town of Lancaster Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 27th, 2014, 08:07 PM
  3. McCracken may be dropping out
    By gorja in forum Erie County Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 11th, 2013, 12:22 PM
  4. mcCracken has a democratic challenger
    By gorja in forum Village of Lancaster and Town of Lancaster Politics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 1st, 2013, 05:56 AM
  5. Dem Chair McCracken
    By crabapples in forum Village of Lancaster and Town of Lancaster Politics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 10th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •