Thread: New Subdivision on Siebert. Any Information?

New Subdivision on Siebert. Any Information?

A few years ago I had noticed that the way that lots were being sold on Siebert. Each lot was small, with a decent sized field behind it. Using the GIS site, i found the field is the exact width of 2x the newly created lot + road width. I had approached the land owner to see if she would be interested in selling the land, but she said that she would rather sell it off in little pieces as she (her family) had been doing. Later last year i'm guessing she had either passed, or was moved to a home. The land was sold off for a quite high amount.

I started looking through the planning board minutes and found references to a 10-17 lot subdivision planned. Does anyone have more info?

siebert.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    A few years ago I had noticed that the way that lots were being sold on Siebert. Each lot was small, with a decent sized field behind it. Using the GIS site, i found the field is the exact width of 2x the newly created lot + road width. I had approached the land owner to see if she would be interested in selling the land, but she said that she would rather sell it off in little pieces as she (her family) had been doing. Later last year i'm guessing she had either passed, or was moved to a home. The land was sold off for a quite high amount.

I started looking through the planning board minutes and found references to a 10-17 lot subdivision planned. Does anyone have more info?

siebert.JPG
    This is from 3/21/18

https://www.lancasterny.gov/document...1-18/file.html

And here's their recording
    https://soundcloud.com/user-329292372/2018-03-21-pbm

Georgia L Schlager

Ooops!! That was a different one. That was project #2018

The project you spoke of from Oct 2017 is here on May 16
    Project #5680
    https://www.lancasterny.gov/document...6-18/file.html

And their recording

https://soundcloud.com/user-329292372/2017-05-16-pbm

Georgia L Schlager

Here's project #2018 again on July 18, 2018
    https://www.lancasterny.gov/document...8-18/file.html

And the recording
    https://soundcloud.com/user-329292372/2018-07-18-pbm

I never realized that there were 2 different projects
    #5680 - 10 lot sub-division southeast corner of William and Siebert
    #2018 - Subdivision at 185 Siebert - 17 single family homes

Georgia L Schlager

You are awesome gorja!

I also heard that the people living in front of the land have begun circulating a petition to stop the development. This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    You are awesome gorja!
    Dense more likely than awesome. I had listened to the planning board meetings this summer and didn't realize it was two
    different projects until yesterday.

Georgia L Schlager

I also heard that the people living in front of the land have begun circulating a petition to stop the development. This should be interesting.
    This is very similar to the Stutzman Rd subdivision trying to squeeze a subdivision in their backyards

Georgia L Schlager

In today's communications, there were four letters from Siebert Rd residents #503, #505, #521 and #533.
    https://www.lancasterny.gov/document...ions/file.html

Georgia L Schlager

I really do wish the communications to the planning board were published as the town board communications are.

Georgia L Schlager

So, it looks like this is now a 20 lot subdivision.
    Capture1.jpg

I understand concerns of the owners of the houses around the proposed subdivision, but in the same breath, if you don't own the land, you can't complain about what happens with it. Everyone loves having vacant land behind them, but if you're not the one paying the taxes on it, you're out of luck when the owner wants to develop.

I have the same issue with my land in elma. The surrounding homeowners have tried to do whatever they could to prevent me from developing my land. They don't have a leg to stand on of course. "if i knew that someone was going to buy the land and put a house on it, i would have bought it myself." Even though the land had been available for sale for years.

So, it looks like this is now a 20 lot subdivision.
    Capture1.jpg

I understand concerns of the owners of the houses around the proposed subdivision, but in the same breath, if you don't own the land, you can't complain about what happens with it. Everyone loves having vacant land behind them, but if you're not the one paying the taxes on it, you're out of luck when the owner wants to develop.

I have the same issue with my land in elma. The surrounding homeowners have tried to do whatever they could to prevent me from developing my land. They don't have a leg to stand on of course. "if i knew that someone was going to buy the land and put a house on it, i would have bought it myself." Even though the land had been available for sale for years.
    It stated that the planning board wants sidewalks not sidewalk waivers on Siebert Rd. Wonder why code enforcement keeps approving them? The east end of Pleasantview still doesn't have sidewalks

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information