Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Very Best Of Buffalo New York:allentown Art Festival

The Very Best Of Buffalo New York:allentown Art Festival

I am so happy to see great things written about Western new York. My name is Linda and you can believe me when I say,"The ALLENTOWN ART FESTIVAL IS THE VERY BEST EVENT OF THE YEAR". The food, the people, the concerts, the dancing, the chaos, the dogs, and of course MORE and MORE ART! Imagine the music blasting in your ears while eating that wonderful warm sweet bread or HOT PORK SANDWICH...and viewing a favorite painting... You are running to each entertainment site.You are here and You are there, visiting as many art tents as is possible...(huff-puff)... You are seeing all of your friends and EVERYONE you have EVER KNOWN... while constantly talking to EVERYONE that you have NEVER KNOWN. FUN? Ya think? WHAT COULD BE BETTER? I hope see you all there. Hurry and don't be late! The little guy below asked, CAN I GO TO THE ALLENTOWN ART FESTIVAL, TOO?

Quote Originally Posted by LindaMunschauer
    I am so happy to see great things written about Western new York. My name is Linda and you can believe me when I say,"The ALLENTOWN ART FESTIVAL IS THE VERY BEST EVENT OF THE YEAR". The food, the people, the concerts, the dancing, the chaos, the dogs, and of course MORE and MORE ART! Imagine the music blasting in your ears while eating that wonderful warm sweet bread or HOT PORK SANDWICH...and viewing a favorite painting... You are running to each entertainment site.You are here and You are there, visiting as many art tents as is possible...(huff-puff)... You are seeing all of your friends and EVERYONE you have EVER KNOWN... while constantly talking to EVERYONE that you have NEVER KNOWN. FUN? Ya think? WHAT COULD BE BETTER? I hope see you all there. Hurry and don't be late! The little guy below asked, CAN I GO TO THE ALLENTOWN ART FESTIVAL, TOO?

oh look! A sloth! How cute. I didn't know they now communicate with humans and live in Allentown trendy homes? I'd like to see that lady holding the Sloth live in trees and slow her life down? Maybe she'd appreciate how much that Sloth, if possible, would like to kill her.... and eat her... so it can get back home, where it belongs....

another creature stolen by humans for amusement. How thrilling!???

Thanks for the Allentown Highlights, now I know why I never check it out ...

Quote Originally Posted by a-new-voice
    Thanks for the Allentown Highlights, now I know why I never check it out ...
    Yeah, there are lots of people like you who are afraid to see people and things that don't look like them.

Allentown is always one of the best weekends of the year for me; I'm sure others would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Allentown is always one of the best weekends of the year for me; I'm sure others would agree.
    Its the one festival (well besides the taste ) that I make a point of going to every year
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

You are seeing all of your friends and EVERYONE you have EVER KNOWN...
    Everyone I've ever known will be there?
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Its the one festival (well besides the taste ) that I make a point of going to every year
    Yeah, because it's June, and there's always a lot of girls that look like Linda Munschauer there.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Yeah, because it's June, and there's always a lot of girls that look like Linda Munschauer there.
    Wow, you're smooth

Sorry, I didn't think anyone would assume that the "woman" was keeping this animal as a pet-the women in the picture found the little guy in distress on a banana farm and tried to rescue/help the poor animal. I can only imagine that in making the decision to pick the animal up, they were considering the animal's welfare..surely not their own. Ya think?

I like your hair Do you?

Sorry, I didn't think anyone would assume that the "woman" was keeping this animal as a pet-the women in the picture found the little guy in distress on a banana farm and tried to rescue/help the poor animal. I can only imagine that in making the decision to pick the animal up, they were considering the animal's welfare..surely not their own. Ya think?
    No, I don't think. There are no banana farms in the US ... so she had to import it ... as a pet ... which means paper work and quarantine, etc... unless she smuggled it in which makes her a criminal.

BTW, how did she know it was "in distress"? Like the people who come across newborn fawns in the grass in May just assume it's been orphaned when it's normal behavior for the doe to separate herself from her fawn so that predators will chase her and leave the fawn undetected (ie, newborn fawns have no scent)?
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    I like your hair Do you?
    Thanks.
    Not really, but you know how that goes. We're all our own worst critic.

idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    idiot
    If you would just stop looking in the mirror, you wouldn't keep see one!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    If you would just stop looking in the mirror, you wouldn't keep see one!
    Hilarious, but don't quit your day job. What do you see in the mirror? A bitter old lady?

Allentown

I stopped going to the Allentown Arts festival beacuse of the dogs, and baby strollers.

I go to the festival in Rochester called the Cornhill Fesival. The location in the city is a lot nicer than the many lanes of Delaware avenue, and the artists are more "real".

http://www.cornhill.org/festival.html

Check it out this year, and decide for yourself which one you like better.

Micheal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information