Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: More Kavanaugh Chaos

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The Supplemental Background Investigation confirms what the Senate Judiciary Committee concluded after its investigation: there is no corroboration of the allegations made by Dr. Ford or Ms. Ramirez.
    Did you hear the one where the people who demanded the investigation are now saying there is a cover up?

Where were these people when the FBI was covering up anything and everything for Hillary and crew?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Did you hear the one where the people who demanded the investigation are now saying there is a cover-up?
    That is because it has never been about the investigation.

Where were these people when the FBI was covering up anything and everything for Hillary and crew?
    Who knows but Graham 2.0 and Cocaine Mitch are not going to stop after the vote. They are going to dig and dig into this. It's not going to be pretty for Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    There is nothing in my comment that is not already outside of the classified FBI report.

1 - The Leland Keyser items are from the Wall Street Journal. But if you want to make the argument that newspapers would make up facts or embellish on the truth...go right ahead.

2 - The Monica McLean items are either on released documents outside of the FBI reports or known facts such as where she lives.

3 - The remaining items were from Dr. Ford's sworn testimony to the SJC last week.

I know. I said this as well. But there are also claims that Mclean has said otherwise. But if you want to make the argument that in a 'he said/she said' what the accused says in their defense should be considered the truth...go right ahead.

Why not? It’s the exact same thing you guys are doing with BK
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Did you hear the one where the people who demanded the investigation are now saying there is a cover up?

But, but, Hillary…
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Why not? It’s the exact same thing you guys are doing with BK
    I am not 'doing' anything with BK.

I like due process. I like laws. I think to move past accusations there needs to be corroboration. I think if you make an accusation and you can't support it you should be opened to questioning. I don't think feelings and facts carry the same weight. I am ok with bias as long as you have the courage to admit it. I hate hypocrisy.

You started out in this thread claiming Kavanaugh should show regret and remorse because you could not put away your personal bias and your hatred of Trump.

You have fliped your perspective on how things should work based on who has fingers being pointed at them. Sadly, you don't operate under a moral code. You're not an ethical person. You're flippant with your position to support your bias. You're weak.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Think BK should sue the people involved with this character assassination?

Well now that this circus has been shut down, I would expect ms ford to file a lawsuit in civil court

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Civil lawsuit for what?

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I am not 'doing' anything with BK.

I like due process. I like laws. I think to move past accusations there needs to be corroboration. I think if you make an accusation and you can't support it you should be opened to questioning. I don't think feelings and facts carry the same weight. I am ok with bias as long as you have the courage to admit it. I hate hypocrisy.

You started out in this thread claiming Kavanaugh should show regret and remorse because you could not put away your personal bias and your hatred of Trump.

You have fliped your perspective on how things should work based on who has fingers being pointed at them. Sadly, you don't operate under a moral code. You're not an ethical person. You're flippant with your position to support your bias. You're weak.
    No, I said he show his regret and remorse for being a wild-ass, typical teenage party animal when he was young (Since then, some pretty extreme things have come to light about his drinking days), and focus on his life and accomplishments since then. My hatred of Trump is a whole different issue that you conveniently are try to merge together. And I haven't flipped on anything. I even said the Ford incident had become less of a factor and his lying should be the forefront of people's votes (Paraphrased).

Try to keep up
    HipKat's Blog

Let me tell you, this is going to backfire on the Conservatives.

Personally, I never had an issue with Kavanaugh, when Trump nominated him. He seemed like a good enough guy, although I was concerned about his stance on protecting the President. Roe vs Wade was never an issue because anyone that thinks it'll be overturned is fooling themselves. My issue with him kicked in last week when he testified under oath the to Senate.
    1, his temperament. As has been talked about, I don't want someone who can't remain controlled and level headed being part of the highest court in the land.
    2, I know, as I posted, what being that age in the early 80's was like. The parties, drinking, even sex. But he lied about it. Not the Dr Ford incident, but all the rest. He lied. I see no reason to tolerate a liar on the SCOTUS or any any bench. Lying = corrupt.

The reason this is going to backfire on the Conservatives is because they've been gipped in the past. Nixon put 4 Conservative judges on the Supreme court. All four turned out to be more centrist. Bush 1 did the same thing with the same result. With Kavanaugh, the Conservatives figured they finally had their man. However, Kavanaugh has also been very centrist over the course of his career. Do the research and see how many times he's gone with Liberal judges and against Conservative Judges. Not to mention, Conservatives seem to forget; he's only 1/9th of the Supreme court. Checks and balances are the basis of SC decisions. Past legal precedence, law and the Constitution are the foundation of the SC.

There is no room for Partisan politics on that bench - which highlights the disgusting glee which both parties have exhibited throughout this entire process.

This country is fractured and this thread has been a prime example of just how fractured it is. Republicans are in a frenzy while Democrats respond with disdain and no one, not one has separated themselves form their political affiliation, and could they?? This thread, like this entire country, are locked in a game of point the finger and one up each other.

Just like with Clarence Thomas, in a very short time, should Kavanaugh get the final approval, his name will be a distant, almost forgotten memory - and mostly only referred to by those who need to one up their opponent
    HipKat's Blog

Smile

#DillyDilly
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kava.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	8355

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Let me tell you, this is going to backfire on the Conservatives......
    The right knew he was a centrist and originalist you idiot. Trump and the right respected the seat but you're too much coward to admit that. It was the left that was trying to lie about how Kavanaugh would rule from the bench. It was idiots who buy into group think, like yourself, who fell for it.

Now when Ginsburg kicks the bucket it's going to be a different story. Amy Coney Barrett will be the pick and I can not wait to see the progressive f*ckwads have a complete meltdown.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Activists target Susan Collins after she seals Kavanaugh vote, call for harassment

Activists’ efforts to convince lawmakers to oppose Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh descended into calls for public harassment and accusations of being a “rape apologist” after the judge gathered enough votes to get confirmed on Saturday.

Maine senator Susan Collins, a moderate Republican who’s often a swing vote on issues, paved the way for the nominee to the Supreme Court. Sources told Fox News that the confirmation vote of Kavavanaugh is expected to begin between 3:30pm and 4pm Eastern Time. The whole procedure will take up to 20 minutes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/act...for-harassment

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    FBI’s Kavanaugh investigation was by the book — just like Democrats demanded

The FBI has completed a supplemental investigation into recent allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh, reportedly finding no troubling information. Frustrated that the bureau hasn’t helped them bring down a nomination they otherwise oppose, Democrats have pivoted to attacking the FBI — specifically, claiming that the inquiry was curtailed to prejudice the outcome by limiting the pool of interviewees.
    https://nypost.com/2018/10/05/fbis-k...rats-demanded/

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information