Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Como Lake dredging to start soon

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Thank you Mr. Poloncarz!!!!!

Good job! Good investment! Good spreading the expenditures to Lancaster!

Interesting seeing this quote from the article above:

Simple math would mean County Executive Dennis Gorski, who served as county executive back then, was the decision maker last time.

Mr. Poloncarz = Democrat
    Mr. Gorski = Democrat

Subsequent executive's were GOP Giambra and GOP Collins.

Why does the GOP always STIFF Lancaster when it comes to the environment ???

Heck, what has Chris Collins EVER done for Lancaster, anyway ????

Lousy county executive and lousy congressman!

Of course Mr. Collins certainly doled out the jobs to Lancaster partisans.

But wait, Dear Readers, Mr. Collins stated firmly that we all must stand for the flag and national anthem at sports events.

How could I forget?

Suckers!

We all know that Democrats like Poloncarz and Gorski have no respect for the flag and countenance not standing for the anthem. Gorski was so well loved by the Dem retards in the district that Republican Jack Quinn kicked his ass in a race for Congress in the overwhelmingly Dem district. Pretty sad that the people out that way put a pathetic addled old man on the bench as a town court judge. Moreover no one should be surprised that a “lake” in Lancaster would need to be regularly dredged to remove the **** that it’s full of. It’s basically an open cesspool.

Simply the lake wasn't an issue when Collins was in office. The island grew afterwards.

Breezy... No idea what thread you mentioned Gorski's "mansion" in, but I have been in the home. Yes it is larger than average, but by no means is it a mansion. And the taxes on it probably approach 10k.

grump... to say that Gorski has no respect for the flag is ridiculous. He's a Vietnam Marine veteran for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Simply the lake wasn't an issue when Collins was in office. The island grew afterwards.

Breezy... No idea what thread you mentioned Gorski's "mansion" in, but I have been in the home. Yes it is larger than average, but by no means is it a mansion. And the taxes on it probably approach 10k.

grump... to say that Gorski has no respect for the flag is ridiculous. He's a Vietnam Marine veteran for crying out loud.
    Thanks, Neubs24, I guess more a trophy house over a mansion, think they have higher taxes, though, just saying. If the house was popped on a lakefront lot I probably would have called it an estate. LOL He sure is a man who respects the flag/country and to say otherwise is definitely incorrect. Anyway, the News said it was dredged over 20 years ago so wouldn't it have to be an issue with the dredging back then? No biggie, just wondering.

Thanks, Neubs24, I guess more a trophy house over a mansion, think they have higher taxes, though, just saying. If the house was popped on a lakefront lot I probably would have called it an estate. LOL He sure is a man who respects the flag/country and to say otherwise is definitely incorrect. Anyway, the News said it was dredged over 20 years ago so wouldn't it have to be an issue with the dredging back then? No biggie, just wondering.
    No idea, maybe it was a regular maintenance thing back then. I wasn't old enough to care! lol

Epic fail!
    No dredging of Como Lake anytime soon.
    Trout will be stocked at Walden Ponds and Westwood in 2019 by the NYS DEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Epic fail!
    This addresses both the necessary Pleasantview water pipe upgrades, as well as the Como Park issue to which you referred.

IMHO:

If you critically analyze the proposed remedial time frames involved in both cases, as I understand them, they may suggest that Lancaster, in the possible view of the Zellner-McCracken-Bruso-Ruffino gang, may not have an urgent need to remedy significant infrastructure problems. Rather, remedies for Lancaster's infrastructure problems may possibly be viewed as conveniently-timed opportunities for choreographed political performances.

If you ask many voters, Lancaster doesn't have a voice in the county legislature, or humble, principled, aspiring leadership on the Town Council.

From what I understand from those voters, they hold that in the County Legislature, Lancaster has a rotund prop for an election year photo op, and on the Town Council, a self-admiring, self-proclaimed delusional rock star, whose definition of good governance is not getting caught in a lie.

It's a shame, because to date, the only photo op that the residents of Pleasantview got was video of empty fire hoses and a burnt-out home.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 17th, 2018 at 04:34 PM.

Epic fail!
    So they’re not gonna dredge the cesspool anytime soon. Should we be thanking Poloncarz for another lie? Let’s ask Breezy. Gorski is an ******* and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    So they’re not gonna dredge the cesspool anytime soon. Should we be thanking Poloncarz for another lie? Let’s ask Breezy. Gorski is an ******* and always has been.
    Just MY Opinion:

Grump, as far as Como Lake dredging, why should Poloncarz and Bruso do in 2018 when they can have a "hip-deep" political photo op in 2019 to just prior re-election time?

Remember, "Never let a crisis," a congratulatory photo op, and an election year "go to waste."

Same thing apparently holds true for what I understand is the Pleasantview-Stutzman Road water pipe delay.

I can just foresee the backslapping photo op featuring Poloncarz, and Bruso, throw in Ruffino, musician extrodinarie and Self-elect Supervisor, and perhaps two Council members who may be up for re-election next year.

In any event, what I consider to be gratuitously late is better than never. Just pray that the Pleasantview fire issue does not repeat before the staged public performance.

I hope the voters can see through, what is in my opinion, the bullshine.

Wow, it seems like I now have a third language, "Emojese," like another poster.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 18th, 2018 at 01:21 AM.

Epic fail!
    Well, tough guy, you could have at least looked into it before posting another cheap shot !!

Army Corps of Engineers has NOT YET issued the required permit. DEC has issued its permit, and it is good for one and a half years.

The weather was ALWAYS a factor, and as anyone can see, it's changing.

"There are lots of moving parts involved and it is not as easy as some would think," I was told by a pro involved.

Did you not see this in the Buffalo News report on the dredging ???

Here -

After that, Rizzo said Erie County will get its permits in place – and if the weather cooperates – start the dredging work.

Inclement weather, or unforeseen disruptions to the schedule of county highway crews, may delay the dredging until next year.

The article is posted in the first comment on this thread, by Neubs24.

Army Corps of Engineers has NOT YET issued the required permit. DEC has issued its permit, and it is good for one and a half years.

"Breezy,"

Some sincere questions:

Has the county applied to the Army Corps Of Engineers for the permit?

If the county did make such application, what was the date of the application, the date it was submitted, and the date of acknowledged receipt?

Just askin'.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    "Breezy,"

Some sincere questions:

Has the county applied to the Army Corps Of Engineers for the permit?

If the county did make such application, what was the date of the application, the date it was submitted, and the date of acknowledged receipt?

Just askin'.
    I don't see anything here -

https://www.lrb.usace.army.mil/Porta...-17-191337-497

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Thank you Ms. Gorja.

What "Breezy" said is true. The Army Corps of Engineers has not granted a permit, but what "Breezy" did not say, is that apparently the delay is not the fault of the Army, it is because the county, at least from I can determine, did not apply for one as of this posting:

I should have known that there was some slick language lurking in the "Breezy" prose.

WOW, considering the DEC permit is good for one and a half years, a person of a suspicious temperament can be open to the possibility that the application to the Army Corps of Engineers, is being delayed in order to fit an opportunistic 2019 Poloncarz-Bruso re-election year time frame.

Imagine that, me, of all people, thinking that "Breezy" was actually being truthful.

I have the vapours, methinks!!!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 23rd, 2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    What "Breezy" said is true. The Army Corps of Engineers has not granted a permit, but what "Breezy" did not say, is that apparently the delay is not the fault of the Army, it is because the county, at least from I can determine, did not apply for one as of this posting:

I should have known that there was some slick language lurking in the "Breezy" prose.

WOW, considering the DEC permit is good for one and a half years, a person of a suspicious temperament can be open to the possibility that the application to the Army Corps of Engineers, is being delayed in order to fit an opportunistic 2019 Poloncarz-Bruso re-election year time frame.

Imagine that, me, of all people, thinking that "Breezy" was actually being truthful.

I have the vapours, methinks!!!
    This link will give you ALL of the most recent available information on applications to the Army Corps of Engineers:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-c...edging-002.pdf

• "Joint Application Form"
    • "Check here to confirm you sent this form to the USACE"
    • "Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act"

*USACE = United States Army Corps of Engineers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information