Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Como Lake dredging to start soon

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-c...edging-002.pdf

• "Joint Application Form"
    • "Check here to confirm you sent this form to the USACE"
    • "Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act"

*USACE = United States Army Corps of Engineers
    Thanks for the response "Breezy," at least your post was not insulting as usual.

However, the paper work of your posted link was dated August 30, 2018 and received September 4, 2018.

If those documents contained therein are a "Silver Bullet" answer to my questions/concerns, can you explain the County's seemingly contradictory position as stated in this Buffalo News article dated September 20, 2018, sixteen days after the receipt of the paper work that your link refers to?:

The state Department of Environmental Conservation tentatively approved Erie County’s plans, but will accept public comments through Sept. 27.

After that, Rizzo said Erie County will get its permits in place – and if the weather cooperates – start the dredging work.
    And, second point, can you explain why a document received by the Army Corps of Engineers on September 4, 2018 does not appear on a comprehensive list of applications generated by the Army Corps of Engineers dated October 17, 2018?

https://www.lrb.usace.army.mil/Porta...-17-191337-497

Your lack of expressed narrative is curious, so I guess you may be inclined to deceptively bury the reader in what may be irrelevant, or perhaps incomplete paper work.

My goodness, clear things up for Heaven's sake. Since you are in close contact with a "pro," enlighten us.

More messaging problems, or just another curious SNAFU?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 24th, 2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Thanks for the response "Breezy," at least your post was not insulting as usual.

However, the paper work of your posted link was dated August 30, 2018 and received September 4, 2018.

If those documents contained therein are a "Silver Bullet" answer to my questions/concerns, can you explain the County's seemingly contradictory position as stated in this Buffalo News article dated September 20, 2018, sixteen days after the receipt of the paper work that your link refers to?:

And, second point, can you explain why a document received by the Army Corps of Engineers on September 4, 2018 does not appear on a comprehensive list of applications generated by the Army Corps of Engineers dated October 17, 2018?

Your lack of expressed narrative is curious, so I guess you may be inclined to deceptively bury the reader in what may be irrelevant, or perhaps incomplete paper work.

My goodness, clear things up for Heaven's sake. Since you are in close contact with a "pro," enlighten us.

More messaging problems, or just another curious SNAFU?
    "Breezy," I know Wednesdays are particularly busy at County Hall, so I will not continue to await your response, and submit these further observations.

You provided on post #30, a copy of page one, item one, of the application received by the NYSDEC, which references a required separate application to the Army Corps of Engineers.

That same answered-document only suggests that Erie County sent, under separate cover, an application directly to the ACOE, but you fail to provide any further document acknowledging of receipt of any such application.

Your disclosure, lacking as it does, verified receipt of a required separate application to the Army Corps Of Engineers, and/or perhaps further required information attendant to that separate application, seemingly supports the accuracy of the ACOE "NY Permit Applications Received as of 17 October 2018," which does not include a record of any application received from Erie County.

Now you know why citizens such a myself FOIL things instead of engaging in useless information-seeking conversations with political "pros?"

Your not going to show-up on my door step are you?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 24th, 2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Seems to me that the venom is coming from you this week, Mark. Just saying.

Anyway, why FOIL when you can just call the contact person listed on the file I found thru a few minutes on GOOGLE, not from the county or the town. The contact person's telephone number and even his extension are printed on the form. His email is there, too. Give him a call if you are so worked up over this. I did not say the 'find' in the posted link was anything like a 'silver bullet' and I think you understand that, too. I don't know how the Army Corps of Engineers handles their paperwork. Who would? Anyway, call the guy, I am sure he would speak with you and he probably would know.

Why would Poloncarz want to wait until next year, anyway? Seems like he and Bruso would get more political capital having it done now, this year, with people using the sledding hill this winter, followed by a nicer park come spring with all the other nice things planned, and no heavy equipment around next year. Seems to me doing it now would be more beneficial for them. And they could still promote it next year, I guess, so why wait? You might want to think of things as a bit less conspiratorial. There is simply not a conspiracy under every single matter.

Call the contact person, Mark, or email him. I think it would seem reasonable to get a reply.

Seems to me that the venom is coming from you this week, Mark. Just saying.

Anyway, why FOIL when you can just call the contact person listed on the file I found thru a few minutes on GOOGLE, not from the county or the town. The contact person's telephone number and even his extension are printed on the form. His email is there, too. Give him a call if you are so worked up over this. I did not say the 'find' in the posted link was anything like a 'silver bullet' and I think you understand that, too. I don't know how the Army Corps of Engineers handles their paperwork. Who would? Anyway, call the guy, I am sure he would speak with you and he probably would know.

Why would Poloncarz want to wait until next year, anyway? Seems like he and Bruso would get more political capital having it done now, this year, with people using the sledding hill this winter, followed by a nicer park come spring with all the other nice things planned, and no heavy equipment around next year. Seems to me doing it now would be more beneficial for them. And they could still promote it next year, I guess, so why wait? You might want to think of things as a bit less conspiratorial. There is simply not a conspiracy under every single matter.

Call the contact person, Mark, or email him. I think it would seem reasonable to get a reply.
    "Breezy," believe it or not, no venom on this topic; I'll save that for next week's inevitable warfare.

Seriously, I do not want to jump to conclusions over this matter. I said earlier this year, my support for Morton notwithstanding, that I will try and keep an open mind with Bruso. To that end, before I begin commentary on this matter, I need to know facts, so that my comments can not be entirely construed as self-serving, partisan hyperbole.

I honestly do thank you for your time and efforts, no kidding, for providing the information that you have. Perhaps it really is a legitimate SNAFU on the part of the ACOE, and I will assume that is an honest possiblity.

Ergo, I will withhold criticism until when, or if, I receive contradictory information.

Thanks again for your cooperation.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 24th, 2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Just To Make Sure "Breezy" Knows That This Comes From Mark

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-c...edging-002.pdf

• "Joint Application Form"
    • "Check here to confirm you sent this form to the USACE"
    • "Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act"

*USACE = United States Army Corps of Engineers
    Thanks for posting the link Breezy

Georgia L Schlager

Civility in discussion? Bizarro world!

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Civility in discussion? Bizarro world!
    Get the feeling you're in the Twilight Zone Neubs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information