Thread: Bills CB Vontae Davis retires at halftime vs. Chargers

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Bills CB Vontae Davis retires at halftime vs. Chargers

Bills CB Vontae Davis retires at halftime vs. Chargers

It appears it took veteran cornerback Vontae Davis six quarters to figure out he's not onboard with helping the Buffalo Bills turn things around this season.
    In a highly unusual move, Davis retired during halftime of Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. As in effectively immediately. As in he didn't join the team on the field for the second half.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...me-vs-chargers

That wasn't something you would expect to see happen.

It's Buffalo, no surprises, no game plan, trade talent to save money and complain.

Stay Classy WNY

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    It's Buffalo, no surprises, no game plan, trade talent to save money and complain.

Stay Classy WNY

Just what 'talent' are you claiming that was traded away?

Are you talking about the #4 pick Sammy Watkins who averages 760 yards and 6.25 TDs per season? All for the bargain price of $16 million per season?

Are you talking about the #3 pick Marcell Dareus who has averaged 7.3 games the last 3 seasons and a whopping 22.3 tackles and 1.8 sacks over that time? All for the low low price of $16 million per season?

Are you talking about Cordy Glenn, who hasn't played a complete season since 2015 but collects $12 million a year to be an average LT in the NFL?

As for saving money, these moves are about shedding dead weight on the cap. All of which drops off after this season. Buffalo needs to pay for its previous sins of incompetent general managers who were poor at drafting and building a roster as well as a front office who couldn't manage the salary cap.

Like I said before, you should talk football in private unless you want to be made to look like a fool.

So no one misses Tyrod?

So no one misses Tyrod?
    Is this the Tyrod is the QB was 23-20 as a starter and put up progressively worse statistics each and every year in Buffalo and is being paid $16,000,000 this season? If so, no, not missing him.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Is this the Tyrod is the QB was 23-20 as a starter and put up progressively worse statistics each and every year in Buffalo and is being paid $16,000,000 this season? If so, no, not missing him.
    ..and was benched in his 3rd game of the season by the Cleveland freaking Browns???
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

He was brought here by the fat stupid lout, Wrecks Ryan. No, I don’t miss either of them.

So no one misses Tyrod?
    Well, who, after watching Josh Allen the last 2 week’s I guess you’re right. We should unload Allen for a couple of filthy jocks while he still has some value and package all next year’s draft picks and beg the Browns to return Tyrod to us. I really miss watching him drop back and do his Helen Keller imitation as he tries to hit wide open receivers 12 yards down field.

Thread Information