Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breezy?! It's the hypocrisy that is annoying

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Breezy
    Hmmmmm -

You have guys like Stefan I. Mychajliw, the Erie County Comptroller, sucking up campaign donations from Tonawanda Coke, yet, once the plant is closed, who do you think will pay for the brownfield cleanup ??????

Yeah, we taxpayers!
    I always believed someone with true financial experience should be a comptroller. OR at least some solid years doing financials for a business.

What could the comptroller of Erie County do that would effect Tonawanda Coke? He doesn't make any decisions that would effect the company's operations.

And why would you bring that up but not bring up the donations Cuomo takes on a regular basis that appear to be pay to play situations. IE: Buffalo Billion... Now we see something with Harvey Wienstien.... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    "Let them eat cake"?

If you want to refer to knowing a group's history wouldn't this fit the leftist along with some liberals? The agenda of the Democratic party? Do correct me when I'm wrong.

Free college!

Let's get as many people as we can on food stamps....I thought the goal would be as few as possible on food stamps. (I understand there are there in true need. I'm not referring to people who really need support)

and so on
    Please post the quote where anyone said "Lets get more people on food stamps" by any Democrat
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I always believed someone with true financial experience should be a comptroller. OR at least some solid years doing financials for a business.

What could the comptroller of Erie County do that would effect Tonawanda Coke? He doesn't make any decisions that would effect the company's operations.

And why would you bring that up but not bring up the donations Cuomo takes on a regular basis that appear to be pay to play situations. IE: Buffalo Billion... Now we see something with Harvey Wienstien.... etc...
    First of all, the guy's a shill for every big corporate interest he can find or those who find him and give him campaign cash and he would take that to Washington not because he's just a comptroller but clearly super eager to gain higher office - and Tonawanda Coke sees that!

Could the Trump administration be Tonawanda Coke's last hope?

The plant is falling apart and when I wake in the morning and turn to the local morning shows Tonawanda Coke seems to be disintegrating before our eyes: Dangerous fires erupting not to mention all the other pollutants that have been spewing from there for what, over a hundred years and counting? This plant should have been closed or moved to an isolated area decades ago like similar operations across the northeast.

They simply were looking for shills, and in Stefan they probably saw greed for campaign cash and the rest is history.

It's happening now and affecting the future and will affect future taxpayer' expenses and people could get hurt (or worse) in the ticking time bomb and Stefan seems to care not for that.

I fully support Buffalo getting the billion!

The corrupt swines who got caught scamming should go directly to jail! I am glad they got caught. I saw no mention that Mr. Cuomo had any part of it. WNYresident: Are you stating your opposition to Buffalo getting the billion in the first place?????

And the pay to play slap by you falls far short since Tonawanda Coke is a PROVEN bad actor in the community - a PROVEN bad actor for years and years - and Steffan had to know that but took the dirty money anyway.

Dirty money indeed.

And why would you bring that up
    https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/03/f...onawanda-coke/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Breezy
    First of all, the guy's a shill for every big corporate interest he can find or those who find him and give him campaign cash and he would take that to Washington not because he's just a comptroller but clearly super eager to gain higher office - and Tonawanda Coke sees that!
    Your sentence can easily be "First of all, most elected officials are shills for every big corporate interest they find....."

shill "an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

Could the Trump administration be Tonawanda Coke's last hope?
    Not a clue.
    The plant is falling apart and when I wake in the morning and turn to the local morning shows Tonawanda Coke seems to be disintegrating before our eyes: Dangerous fires erupting not to mention all the other pollutants that have been spewing from there for what, over a hundred years and counting? This plant should have been closed or moved to an isolated area decades ago like similar operations across the northeast.

They simply were looking for shills, and in Stefan they probably saw greed for campaign cash and the rest is history.
    And if they are damaging other people's property or have a safety concern they should be held accountable. At this point I don't think "a county comptroller" has any control to what happens at TC. Correct?

Wouldn't this be more of a county legislator, Tonawanda council,or Osha/Dec issue? Even civil matter with the people around the plant?

It's happening now and affecting the future and will affect future taxpayer' expenses and people could get hurt (or worse) in the ticking time bomb and Stefan seems to care not for that.

I fully support Buffalo getting the billion!

The corrupt swines who got caught scamming should go directly to jail! I am glad they got caught. I saw no mention that Mr. Cuomo had any part of it. WNYresident: Are you stating your opposition to Buffalo getting the billion in the first place?????

And the pay to play slap by you falls far short since Tonawanda Coke is a PROVEN bad actor in the community - a PROVEN bad actor for years and years - and Steffan had to know that but took the dirty money anyway.

Dirty money indeed.
    Even with that said a county comptroller doesn't have any power to close the plant or force them to do anything, correct?

Buffalo didn't get crap. Buffalo got a white elephant that a bunch of other businesses paid for while political friends of Andrew profited from the deal.

YES I'm stating opposition to take people's hard earned money and giving it to other businesses to operate. IE: building them a manufacturing plant. I also do not like tax breaks given to businesses that compete with existing businesses. That isn't a level playing field.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I read the article. What do you expect the county comptroller to do? Call for an audit of TC's accounting records?

The thread title "Breezy?! It's the hypocrisy that is annoying "

If you want to call out one elected official who received a campaign donation from a company then you should call out all instances of elected officials who received campaign donations from businesses you/others have issues with. That is the point I'm making.

If TC is currently a threat to the community for health/safety reasons then point to the people that can effect what is going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information