Thread: Century-old Congolese refugee finds 'miracles' like washing machines in Buffalo

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Century-old Congolese refugee finds 'miracles' like washing machines in Buffalo

Century-old Congolese refugee finds 'miracles' like washing machines in Buffalo

We call them "refrigerator," "washing machine," "sink" and "bathroom."Rebecca Ngombwa calls them "God's miracle."

"It's like a miracle to see the refrigerator, and to have all the things in the house," she said through an interpreter in her native Kinyamulenge language.

Ngombwa, a Congolese woman believed to be 111 years old, never saw these home furnishings before July, when she came to Buffalo as a refugee after 20 years in a refugee camp.

She arrived with her daughter Zera Nagazyra, son-in-law Gabriel Bwanangoyi and 16-year-old great-grandson Mercure Rugazura seeking a new life. They are among 390 refugees from the Democratic Republic of the Congo who have resettled in New York State in the first eight months of 2018, many of them in Buffalo.

The newcomers have reunited with 26 family members, who first began arriving in Buffalo as refugees in 2015.
    https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/05/c...box=1536144636

Immigration has dropped dramatically since Trump, who ran on an anti-immigration platform, became president.
    I thought I always heard him say "illegal immigration" and in general lower refugee importation because of the cost to the current people in the USA.

This would be an honest report that could shut a lot of people up who complain the the resettlement cost by groups who import refugees.

The newcomers have reunited with 26 family members, who first began arriving in Buffalo as refugees in 2015.
    Do a case study on the 26 family members and social services costs since 2015. It fair to ask. If we see that the cost is very low people couldn't complain about it. Correct?

Miracles like washing machines? Really? My grandmother had a washing machine 60 years ago and I don’t remember anyone talking about the intervention of an archangel to get it. They come from a gutter continent that hasn’t taken a step forward in a 1000 years and there are dickbrains who claim it’s the fault of the United States.

C'MON NOW..those politically correct do gooders all think the good ol' Amercican taxpayer should save the world!..and are at fault when they don't!

Thread Information