Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What motivates you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    The best part is ... that's not her own hand.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Definitely a computer programmer who created this animated image.
    Only a computer programmer that doesn't know what he's doing would create something like that

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Only a computer programmer that doesn't know what he's doing would create something like that

Hmmm I get like that sometimes on the keyboard. No blood though.... No direct interface to the CPU will cause such a bottleneck you understand. Poor design of the interface for some users.

hum

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas II
    Seriously... I am in a funk.....what is it that motivates you, gets you out of bed and puts a smile on your face?

Hey pisst ! I call it depression...what motivates me isn't going to get you out of your funk (depression) but you ! Just remember, someone else is in a worse place then you...now motivate yourself.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

humm

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    The best part is ... that's not her own hand.

Here we go again right !....this post is out of taste, and disrespectful toward other femals here. Also, remember the young ones are here too...OWNER, OH OWNER...HOW CAN YOU ALLOW THIS POSTING ????????????????????????? HOW about if I post a hand holding my balls would you like that ??? Get my point...you let one, others will follow mark my words !!!!!
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

blah blah blah
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    Here we go again right !....this post is out of taste, and disrespectful toward other femals here. Also, remember the young ones are here too...OWNER, OH OWNER...HOW CAN YOU ALLOW THIS POSTING ????????????????????????? HOW about if I post a hand holding my balls would you like that ??? Get my point...you let one, others will follow mark my words !!!!!
    I totally agree with you. YOu know what happens. People get like stevenco get disruptive if you ask them to stop. They acutally think it's a challenge to do it even more.

I get out of bed knowing that yesterday is over, and that today - I can start fresh and persue my real passions and goals, and get one step ahead in forming those goals, and gaining the skills, tools and ambition and determination to achieve them. My life is determined by the committment I make to myself. There is so much opportunity in America, it is sickening!

Here is a GREAT definition of Committment:

"Committment is doing the thing you said you'd do, long after the feeling you made it in has left"

If anyone in WNY thinks they have it soooo bad, consider how life is for the people that live in the neigborhood in this image. You all have no idea, how good you really have it in America.

Unregistered

motivation is different for everyone so there is no universal answer

motivation is different for everyone so there is no universal answer

So my answer is relatively a simple one taught to me from my family and which I use constantly in my life. Make a list!
    -Make a list of everything that needs to be done at work, at home, in your apartment, at church, in your community, etc.
    -Make a list of clubs and/or charities youd like to join and/or volunteer
    -Make a list of everything that your family and friends need help with, etc
    -Make a list of everything you want to learn
    -Make a list of every place you want to visit
    -Make a list of things you want to experience whether its good food or hiking the Appalachian trail, whether its a slow message or skydiving, etc

Obviously Im very achievement and goal oriented because before you know it your so busy with your own life pursuits that your focus isnt on sadness or depression but upon life and living.

PS I would also recommend some quiet and alone time just for yourself. Just sit on a rocking chair or say the rosary or go for a walk...allow yourself to doubt, allow yourself to question, allow yourself to cry, allow yourself to feel sad....in other words dont make yourself so busy that you dont allow yourself to feel sad or depressed....but use your sadness and depression...for self examination and humility....then instead of feeding those emotions...channel them into living your life.

In todays busy achievement oriented world to often we either ignore sadness and depression or we allow ourselves to be consumed by it and these emotions are a very very normal part of our lives which we should embrace.

Thats my advice.

My feelings are similar Timmy, but I'm not Catholic so in all honesty, the Rosary is meaningless to me - I go direct to God's infinite power to tap into my spiritual toolbox and unlimited potential in every aspect. I'm a Christian, but for myself and many others, Christianity WITHOUT the Religion is more effective, and spiritually is hard to describe because of my personal connection to God after getting beyond some of the crippling teaching of the church mentally. For me, rejecting much of the Legalist Church Doctrines created by man, and the unprovable notion that HELL actually exists (devils with pitchforks and such), has enabled my to elevate my consciousness and clear my head from Negativety that has subjugated masses for mellinia.

What I feel is very important, is that many people do not know about making a list... or that they can do better, I mean acheive everything they ever wanted.

25 years ago I read a book called the "Seeds of Greatness" and here is what I got out of it.

MEASURE YOUR LIFEBALANCE with the WHEEL of LIFE

Use The Wheel of Life to measure your overall degree of life satisfaction and to identify areas that might benefit from goal-setting. On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is low and 10 is high), ask yourself how satisfied you are with your: financial situation and career; social and cultural situations; spirituality and ethics; family and home; mental and educational levels; and physical well-being and health. Consider your answers carefully, taking into account the following issues:

Unregistered
    ..... or you could watch Jerry Springer. A few days of his "guests" makes you really appreciate your life

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    HOW about if I post a hand holding my balls would you like that ???
    I took a scientfic poll, Riven. Between me, the missus and our pooch, not one vote for a video of your testicular cuddle.

But then, I've found her to be less than honest with me from time to time.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information