Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little primary voting help, please

A little primary voting help, please

As an unaffiliated party registered voter (my entire life) I will be casting my first primary vote in the upcoming Town of Lancaster campaign for Town Justice on the Reform line. Trying to base my vote on what I learn from literature dissembled by all three candidates vying for lines in the primary becomes confusing when reading said literature and/or hearing door-to-door campaigning rhetoric from others.

A registered Conservative Party member friend shows me just today a mailer he received from endorsed Democratic Party candidate Jessica Kulpit that requests her vote support for the Conservative line on primary day. Nothing wrong there I guess expect it appears rather disingenuous that a Democratic would expect support from a Conservative, but especially so when I hear there have been claims made by Kulpit and her supporters that she has the Conservative Party endorsement – which I understand she does not.

The same can be said for Village of Lancaster Justice Paul Bumbalo and his supporters implying that he has the Democratic Party endorsement – which I understand he does not have. Nor is his name on the Reform line from what I understand.

So, which of the three candidates received endorsements from the political parties and what lines are each of the three justice candidates’ primarying for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    As an unaffiliated party registered voter (my entire life) I will be casting my first primary vote in the upcoming Town of Lancaster campaign for Town Justice on the Reform line. Trying to base my vote on what I learn from literature dissembled by all three candidates vying for lines in the primary becomes confusing when reading said literature and/or hearing door-to-door campaigning rhetoric from others.

A registered Conservative Party member friend shows me just today a mailer he received from endorsed Democratic Party candidate Jessica Kulpit that requests her vote support for the Conservative line on primary day. Nothing wrong there I guess expect it appears rather disingenuous that a Democratic would expect support from a Conservative, but especially so when I hear there have been claims made by Kulpit and her supporters that she has the Conservative Party endorsement – which I understand she does not.

The same can be said for Village of Lancaster Justice Paul Bumbalo and his supporters implying that he has the Democratic Party endorsement – which I understand he does not have. Nor is his name on the Reform line from what I understand.

So, which of the three candidates received endorsements from the political parties and what lines are each of the three justice candidates’ primarying for?

Lee, while going door to door for Judge Colby, I was informed that registered Conservatives were led to believe that Jessica was the endorsed Conservative candidate. I can assure you they were upset knowing they were duped. Judge Jeremy Colby does have the Conservative Party endorsement. I myself am very disappointed that Jessica and her team would resort to misleading tactics to secure petition signatures.
    There were also other Conservative team members besides myself that heard the same while securing signatures for Judge Colby.
    We chose sitting Judge Colby as our endorsed candidate because of his proven conservative values.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    what lines are each of the three justice candidates’ primarying for?
    Lancaster Town Justice 4 Year
    13A D Jessica A Kulpit
    14A D Paul T Bumbalo
    15A D Jeremy A Colby

5B R Jeremy A Colby
    6B R Jessica A Kulpit

1C C Jessica A Kulpit
    2C C Jeremy A Colby
    3C C Paul T Bumbalo

1D G Jeremy A Colby
    2D G Jessica A Kulpit

3E W Jeremy A Colby
    4E W Paul T Bumbalo
    5E W Jessica A Kulpit

7F I Jeremy A Colby
    8F I Jessica A Kulpit

1G WEP Jessica A Kulpit
    2G WEP Jeremy A Colby

9H REF Jeremy A Colby
    10H REF Jessica A Kulpit

https://www.elections.erie.gov/wp-co...b-Updated.xlsx
    Last edited by gorja; August 31st, 2018 at 09:41 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Ori
    ginally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    I guess expect it appears rather disingenuous that a Democratic would expect support from a Conservative,
    Didn't Gaczewski an alleged Conservative expect support from a Democrat during her council candidacy?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Ori

Didn't Gaczewski an alleged Conservative expect support from a Democrat during her council candidacy?

Indeed, but for now it appears likely that so-called conservative will not get the endorsement from the new Lancaster Democratic Party leadership in the 2019 general town election.

Will she find a home with the Republicans?

Will she receive the Conservative Party endorsement? Should she? She didn't get it in 2015. November 2019 is a long way off.

Ok, so we now know who the players are vying for the 8 party lines in the primary.

I do know that Colby has been endorsed by the Republican, Conservative and Independence Parties; Kulpit by the Democratic Party. Any other party endorsements?

Quote Originally Posted by DebLemaster View Post

Lee, while going door to door for Judge Colby, I was informed that registered Conservatives were led to believe that Jessica was the endorsed Conservative candidate. I can assure you they were upset knowing they were duped. Judge Jeremy Colby does have the Conservative Party endorsement. I myself am very disappointed that Jessica and her team would resort to misleading tactics to secure petition signatures.
    There were also other Conservative team members besides myself that heard the same while securing signatures for Judge Colby.
    We chose sitting Judge Colby as our endorsed candidate because of his proven conservative values.
    Do you think the county party could update their website
    Their endorsed candidates for Lancaster are-
    Leary, Dickman, Cervi and Amatura.

Anyone researching for endorsements is not going to get accurate up-to-date info there.

http://www.eriecountyconservatives.o...orsements.html

Georgia L Schlager

Regarding the Conservatives, it appears to be a replay of Charlie Brown, Lucy,and the proverbial football again.

After 2013, 2015, and 2017, one would think that the Conservatives would have anticipated such tactics, and dealt with such mischief preemptively. In the future, perhaps a preemptive public INFORMATION campaign at the time of endorsement, rather than a reactive campaign to DISINFORMATION, would be helpful.

Indeed, but for now it appears likely that so-called conservative will not get the endorsement from the new Lancaster Democratic Party leadership in the 2019 general town election.

Will she find a home with the Republicans?

Will she receive the Conservative Party endorsement? Should she?
    In the last week, I have heard a great many rumors. I discount ALL of them as "done deals" at this time. They appear to have been either trial balloons with slow leaks, or Lancaster imitations of "Deep State" disinformation tactics.

She didn't get it in 2015. November 2019 is a long way off.
    These comments are not based in rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by DebLemaster View Post

To reassert:

Regarding the Conservatives, it appears to be a replay of Charlie Brown, Lucy,and the proverbial football again.

After 2013, 2015, and 2017, one would think that the Conservatives would have anticipated such tactics, and dealt with such mischief preemptively. In the future, perhaps a preemptive public INFORMATION campaign at the time of endorsement, rather than a reactive campaign to DISINFORMATION, would be helpful.

BTW, I am a blank who is happy to support Judge Colby. These comments just reflect my two cents.

Do you think the county party could update their website
    Their endorsed candidates for Lancaster are-
    Leary, Dickman, Cervi and Amatura.

Anyone researching for endorsements is not going to get accurate up-to-date info there.

http://www.eriecountyconservatives.o...orsements.html
    It could be worse Ms. Gorja. The website could read "Nixon-Lodge."

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    It could be worse Ms. Gorja. The website could read "Nixon-Lodge."
    All kidding side. Voters need to know the correct info from the party

Georgia L Schlager

All kidding side. Voters need to know the correct info from the party
    You could not be more correct Gorja. It is really bizarre that for some reason, the Conservatives always seem to be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to presenting its endorsed candidate(s) during primary season. Clarity is the cure for mischievous confusion.

If similar problems exist next year, forget the Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football analogy. Perhaps the Conservatives should consider:

Just sayin'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 1st, 2018 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    You could not be more correct Gorja. It is really bizarre that for some reason, the Conservatives always seem to be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to presenting its endorsed candidate(s) during primary season. Clarity is the cure for mischievous confusion.

If similar problems exist next year, forget the Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football analogy. Perhaps the Conservatives should consider:

Just sayin'.
    Personally, I don't like their modus operandi anyway with their Quid pro quo endorsing county legislators for Baby boy Lorigo to be voted majority or minority leader.

It's sickening. JMHO

Georgia L Schlager

Personally, I don't like their modus operandi anyway with their Quid pro quo endorsing county legislators for Baby boy Lorigo to be voted majority or minority leader.

It's sickening. JMHO
    All parties have executive committees to vet candidates, and endorse them on the basis of philosophical compatibility, among other issues. As far as the quid pro quo business, that's politics, and that is why I am a blank now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information