Thread: Catholic Charities Ends Adoption Services

Catholic Charities Ends Adoption Services

I'm not advocating any position. The church has its principles which they are allowed to have just like any other religion. No one is forced to adhere to their principles. They believe that homosexuality is a violation of natural law and inherently disordered. They believe that children should be raised in families with a male father and a female mother. This is part of their core religious beliefs. How is it not a violation of religious freedom to compel the church to place a child with a same sex couple? Simple question. I have no agenda. If a baker cannot be compelled to make a wedding cake for gays, why does the Catholic church have to allow gays to adopt?

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    I'm not advocating any position. The church has its principles which they are allowed to have just like any other religion. No one is forced to adhere to their principles. They believe that homosexuality is a violation of natural law and inherently disordered. They believe that children should be raised in families with a male father and a female mother. This is part of their core religious beliefs. How is it not a violation of religious freedom to compel the church to place a child with a same sex couple? Simple question. I have no agenda. If a baker cannot be compelled to make a wedding cake for gays, why does the Catholic church have to allow gays to adopt?
    Where and why aren't the politically correct advocates recognizing the separation of state and church? If the constitution allows the freedom of religion..then why shouldnt the Catholic be allowed to practice it's beliefs?
    Btw..it matters not to me either way...all citizens have the right to identify and live the way they want...but the govt has forced the issue by law...and the Catholic church has been given no other option ..and it will not violate it's beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Where and why aren't the politically correct advocates recognizing the separation of state and church? If the constitution allows the freedom of religion..then why shouldnt the Catholic be allowed to practice it's beliefs?
    Btw..it matters not to me either way...all citizens have the right to identify and live the way they want...but the govt has forced the issue by law...and the Catholic church has been given no other option ..and it will not violate it's beliefs.
    It seems like the Catholics caved pretty quickly on this issue. I think they've lost their appetite for battle with the pedophilia scandal over their heads. They are not expecting much good will, and understandably. If you were a same sex couple and you understood the tenets of RC theology, why would you try to adopt a child through Catholic Charities?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    BEcause people now feel entitled to anything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    BEcause people now feel entitled to anything they want.
    Because CC signed a contract with Erie County. The contract barred discrimination again same sex couples. They knew what they signed up for and decided in the end that they did not want to comply.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Because CC signed a contract with Erie County. The contract barred discrimination again same sex couples. They knew what they signed up for and decided in the end that they did not want to comply.
    and it's a loss to couples that want to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    So, you're saying that Catholic Charities knowingly entered into a contract that contained a provision that violated a core tenet of the faith?

So, you're saying that Catholic Charities knowingly entered into a contract that contained a provision that violated a core tenet of the faith?
    Well it certainly appears that way, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    and it's a loss to couples that want to adopt.
    no doubt.

I thought it was a state law that is imposed on all providers of adoption services, regardless of religious belief. That said, I know of a born again couple who adopted and county social workers out every conceivable road block in their way, the only apparent reason being their religious beliefs. The bigger issue to me is why the Catholic Church continues to cozy up to the Democratic Party despite the obvious desire of that party to weaken the Church at every opportunity. Like all totalitarian organizations, eg, the Nazis, the Communists, Islam, the Democratic party works mightily to weaken all organized religions with the intent that it’s governmental ideas become the religion and that it’s “religion” become the government. That is already the case in every Islamic country where the religion is the government and the government is the religion

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I thought it was a state law that is imposed on all providers of adoption services, regardless of religious belief. That said, I know of a born again couple who adopted and county social workers out every conceivable road block in their way, the only apparent reason being their religious beliefs. The bigger issue to me is why the Catholic Church continues to cozy up to the Democratic Party despite the obvious desire of that party to weaken the Church at every opportunity. Like all totalitarian organizations, eg, the Nazis, the Communists, Islam, the Democratic party works mightily to weaken all organized religions with the intent that it’s governmental ideas become the religion and that it’s “religion” become the government. That is already the case in every Islamic country where the religion is the government and the government is the religion
    So what was the strategy? Did the church say "we'll agree to a contract that we cannot fulfill until some gays press us on it then we'll bail."?

Thread Information