Thread: Ron Paul Presidential Campaign

Ron Paul Presidential Campaign

The Great Unknown

by James Ostrowski

I got accused of "hubris" for writing that Ron Paul is Hillary’s worst nightmare. I’m not sure that my confidence in the candidacy of another can be considered hubris but I won’t quibble over that.

[Full disclosure. I only met Ron Paul once and am not involved in his campaign in any way. I only know what I read on the web.]

Here’s my point. I warned those leaning to Bush over Kerry in 2004 that a Bush win could put Hillary in the White House for two terms. I’m sure many laughed at that line also. Now, Hillary has to be considered the clear favorite to win the Presidency. She leads the Democratic candidates in the polls and number two is Barack Obama whose entire résumé says: "very good public speaker." That’s a very good place to be.

(By the way, I’m sure many also laughed when I predicted on December 3, 2003, that John Kerry would be the Democratic nominee.)

Many people cannot believe that Hillary has a chance because everyone they know dislikes her. But that’s because birds of a feather flock together. Your friends are not a scientific survey.

Now look over at the Republican side and start laughing. Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich? Call Dr. Laura; you need her badly. McCain’s in there too. Ron Paul versus three establishment centrists who supported the war sounds like a good scenario in the Republican primaries.

More

The best news for the Repubs is if the Hildebeast is the candidate.

She must be Obama's guidepost: she's proof that after six years as a Senator and no legislative accomplishments, you can still be a serious Dem presidential contender.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    The best news for the Repubs is if the Hildebeast is the candidate.

She must be Obama's guidepost: she's proof that after six years as a Senator and no legislative accomplishments, you can still be a serious Dem presidential contender.
    You know Biker's cage is rattled when he can't even type her name. BTW she's more of a man that Georgie W. ever was.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView
    BTW she's more of a man that Georgie W. ever was.
    Prolly why Bill ran after Monica.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    Prolly why Bill ran after Monica.
    I'd have to agree with you on that one, although in most circles it's known as more cushion for the pushin.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Thread Information