Thread: Possible 77.1 million dollar capital project

Possible 77.1 million dollar capital project

This proposal is mainly focused on students, safety and building infrastructure needs according to Wm. Gallagher. He further states that the 77.1 million looks big but like anyone's house wears down after 20 years. This was noted in the Lancaster Bee. Superintendent Vallely stated there would be a 0 percent tax impact for the possible project.

Focus is on some millwork in the science room, at the high school some masonry repairs, cracking tennis courts and replacement of windows. I was vocal stating that some of the grant monies throughout the past few years should have a focus on the structure of the high school where we knew the windows were in need of repair. Instead, administration felt a turf field was more important.

In the Bee it also talks about a $999,800 total needed from the taxpayers on 8 65 passenger buses so they can be housed in that beautiful park like bus garage...

LCSD BOE meeting is Monday Aug 27th at 149 Central Avenue...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How is there 0% tax impact when you spend 77 million?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    This proposal is mainly focused on students, safety and building infrastructure needs according to Wm. Gallagher. He further states that the 77.1 million looks big but like anyone's house wears down after 20 years. This was noted in the Lancaster Bee. Superintendent Vallely stated there would be a 0 percent tax impact for the possible project.

Focus is on some millwork in the science room, at the high school some masonry repairs, cracking tennis courts and replacement of windows. I was vocal stating that some of the grant monies throughout the past few years should have a focus on the structure of the high school where we knew the windows were in need of repair. Instead, administration felt a turf field was more important.

In the Bee it also talks about a $999,800 total needed from the taxpayers on 8 65 passenger buses so they can be housed in that beautiful park like bus garage...

LCSD BOE meeting is Monday Aug 27th at 149 Central Avenue...
    It sounds like necessary capital improvement items to me. The 2015 Capital budget had no additional tax impact either.

Georgia L Schlager

WE shall see...I would rather have my $$'s go to structural improvements for the safety and well being of the kids not to a turf not necessary when if be told the grassy ball field was the best in the area to begin with.....this is not college campuses.....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    WE shall see...I would rather have my $$'s go to structural improvements for the safety and well being of the kids not to a turf not necessary when if be told the grassy ball field was the best in the area to begin with.....this is not college campuses.....
    I believe the turf field was being paid for by LEAF

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I believe the turf field was being paid for by LEAF
    Also heard the football field was staying grass...the turfed area was to be the boys varsity soccer area as it's big enough for many different fields...

Quote Originally Posted by metal god View Post
    Also heard the football field was staying grass...the turfed area was to be the boys varsity soccer area as it's big enough for many different fields...
    Yes, band, soccer and lacrosse. LEAF must not have been able to raise all the money then???

Georgia L Schlager

The proposed turf field fundraiser by LEAF seemed intentionally misleading, as most people that didn't know better though it included a new football field. I'm guessing that made it easier to raise money.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Yes, band, soccer and lacrosse. LEAF must not have been able to raise all the money then???
    That's right gorja. IMHO I think any grants should be prioritized by the more critical items.

The August 6th Capital Improvement Presentation

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information