Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I never said it was ok if you're a Republican. From the start I have said he should resign.

Read post #1 and #2 of this thread. I said I agree with post #1. He should resign. I just said he should be treated just like Hillary. Smash cell phones and laptops, don't put him under oath and give the people around him immunity. Don't you think people should be treated equally?
    Like I said. Clumsy whataboutism. This has zero to do with Hillary Clinton, who has been a private citizen since January 2017 and whom you people can't get over. Trump won; Hillary lost. Get over it. If you think Hillary should be in jail for whatever reason, start a thread about that because it's wildly off-topic here, don't you think? What happens to you people when Hillary is gone from this world? Whom will you spend 30 years defaming then?
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

A little ironic coming from a registered member of the Democratic party.
    Right. You can't answer the question, so you attack me. It's perfect. You can't defend the fact that this little clubhouse of yours has an entire "hot topic" devoted for insane conspiracy theory screeds ripped from 4Chan, but zero-zilch-nada about the arrested local Republican congressman. The hypocrisy is pure comedy perfection.

The answer, of course, to my rhetorical question is that you NEVER BELIEVED in honesty or integrity or good government or decency or reform. You were ALWAYS about blind tribalism and just parroting whatever idiot talking points got filtered down to you from the likes of, e.g., Chris Grant through his customers, like Mychajliw and Collins, or like, I dunno, absolute cretins like Angela Wozniak or Dino Fudoli. Of the three most recent Republicans to occupy the former NY-26, current NY-27 district, all three left office under some cloud of scandal. Chris Lee was trolling for sex online and quit. Collins is under arrest and should - but won't - quit. Reynolds was caught defending a pedophile.

But yeah, deflect and pretend like you have some sort of monopoly on honorable politicians who really take the "taxpayer" and look out for his or her interests. Thin gruel, that.

Read post #1 and #2 of this thread. I said I agree with post #1. He should resign. I just said he should be treated just like Hillary. Smash cell phones and laptops, don't put him under oath and give the people around him immunity. Don't you think people should be treated equally?
    Res, you and I hardly agree on everything. But, one should bear in mind, your comments were written before that train-wreck presser wherein in Collins stressed that he was innocent of a crime he was not charged with.

I do not presume to speak for you, but your comments, as I understood them, mirrored the thoughts of many, and appear to have been an early reaction to the charge visa v the comprehensive national landscape. In that world, indictments and exonerations are seemingly balanced and based on an obvious subjective scale of semantics. For example, "grossly negligent" may have meant indictment; "extremely careless" let HRC skate. Kind of reminds me of Nixon's first Watergate address, which in a paraphrase said "I accept the responsibility but not the blame." What the hell was the substantive difference?

Your comments, IMHO, appeared to have taken note of what seems to some to be a glaring double standard, without an intentional justification of the Collins despicable and criminal stupidity.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 13th, 2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Perhaps because you don’t surrender your right to participate in society when you’re elected? You think that might have something to do with it?
    Ever hear of conflict of interest? Being on the board of a company would mean you'd have to recuse yourself form pretty much any vote that involved business regulations, or trade, taxes, etc.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Res, you and I hardly agree on everything. But, one should bear in mind, your comments were written before that train-wreck presser wherein in Collins stressed that he was innocent of a crime he was not charged with.

I do not presume to speak for you, but your comments, as I understood them, mirrored the thoughts of many, and appear to have been an early reaction to the charge visa v the comprehensive national landscape. In that world, indictments and exonerations are seemingly balanced and based on an obvious subjective scale of semantics. For example, "grossly negligent" may have meant indictment; "extremely careless" let HRC skate. Kind of reminds me of Nixon's first Watergate address, which in a paraphrase said "I accept the responsibility but not the blame." What the hell was the substantive difference?

Your comments, IMHO, appeared to have taken note of what seems to some to be a glaring double standard, without an intentional justification of the Collins despicable and criminal stupidity.

I heard bits and pieces of that presser. I was disappointed. He should have manned up, resigned and deal with his issue.

Did you hear the one where the www.ecdems.com endorse someone who doesn't even live in the district they represent. Right off the bat he was using work email for political purposes and get this. They didn't support a woman from the district. Joan Seamans. It's not about representation, it's about “and create the best possible conditions for victory in November.”

I heard bits and pieces of that presser. I was disappointed. He should have manned up, resigned and deal with his issue.

Did you hear the one where the www.ecdems.com endorse someone who doesn't even live in the district they represent. Right off the bat he was using work email for political purposes and get this. They didn't support a woman from the district. Joan Seamans. It's not about representation, it's about “and create the best possible conditions for victory in November.”
    Thanks for bringing up Joan! She's a great candidate and currently running to replace Mike Ranzenhofer, a career politician and Albany seat-moistener who has nothing to show for his almost 30 years as an elected official.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Yeah, Lee, I'm from Buffalo and always will be a Buffalonian. My body my be in Illinois, sadly, but my heart will always be back home (Where I belong)
    Thanks for the responses. No particular reason for the questions except to get to know your background better as we tend to agree on much, and not so much on other political views, I don’t find you to be ultra liberal. I tend to be centrist and never was affiliated with any political party.

I have never seen politics, on any scale, as toxic and polarized as today where those on the alt-right and alt-left take deliberate non compromising positions that result in the global political chaos taking place today; citizen best interests, ethics civility, and honesty be damned all for a vote.

Unfortunately, only some politicos are heavily scrutinized, investigated and charged, else the great majority would be penalized with one form of transgression or another.

With rare exception they all suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I have never seen politics, on any scale, as toxic and polarized as today where those on the alt-right and alt-left take deliberate non compromising positions that result in the global political chaos taking place today; citizen best interests, ethics civility, and honesty be damned all for a vote.
    I made a similar observation on FB today.

Like you Lee, I remember the Kennedy assassination, the Cuban Crisis, Vietnam, convulsive 1968, and Watergate. Back during those dangerous days, IMHO, the underlying issues were far more important, and the catalyst events were far more profound and urgent, and many times it seemed as though the national wheels were coming off. Yet, both Right and Left always put on their big boy pants to avert disaster.

Now look where we are, and how our institutions are responding. Outrageous charges, answered by sophomoric tweets, all reported by immature, unprofessional, and biased reporting.

This USA Today editorial says a great deal of where we are today, I don't care how those words are eventually "metaphorically" explained away:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/923543002/

To suggest the abolition of the Presidency, is sick, period. To abolish the Presidency, is to abolish the Constitution, and that is to destroy the national government as we know it. One could almost suggest that the USA just may be laying the editorial ground work to support a political climate to incite, or justify, an extra-Constitutional change of leadership.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 13th, 2018 at 02:31 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Thanks for bringing up Joan! She's a great candidate and currently running to replace Mike Ranzenhofer, a career politician and Albany seat-moistener who has nothing to show for his almost 30 years as an elected official.
    Ranzenhofer needs to go because he's been there just too long.

But what does the area get? The group www.ecdems.com endorses a person who doesn't even live in the district. That is one way to represent the people in that district. Pick someone who doesn't live there. Good job.

But what does the area get? The group www.ecdems.com endorses a person who doesn't even live in the district. That is one way to represent the people in that district. Pick someone who doesn't live there. Good job.
    And how about Paladino, who's been making noises of running for NY27 even though HE doesn't live in the district? If you're going to rip on one for alleged faults, you rip ALL of 'em lest you be accused of bias.

Funny.

One of the front-runners for the NY-27 is Carl Paladino, who lives in the 26th district. This is a weak argument and it's literally all you have.

I heard the ENTIRE presser. It could be best summed up this way: "I'm awesome, the charges are BS and I'm going to fight them." Not to mention taking the coward's way out and not answering any questions from the media members. (I KNOW some of you are thinking this, so I'm going to cut you off right now: Yes, I KNOW he may not have been able to answer specifics of the case on advice of his counsel. But you could at least tell the assembled members of the press that instead of not answering any questions.)

Until, of course, he then decided to bail on another term.

Funny.

One of the front-runners for the NY-27 is Carl Paladino, who lives in the 26th district. This is a weak argument and it's literally all you have.
    Basically, Paladino is a carpetbagger the same way Alan Keyes was many years ago when he was drafted by the Illinois Republican Party to run for the U.S. Senate(after Jack Ryan was forced to withdraw in the wake of a sex scandal)against....yep, Barack Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    I heard the ENTIRE presser.
    He did not need the disclaimer associated with politicians on life support: "This is my last press conference." That became obvious by the end of his first paragraph.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 13th, 2018 at 03:09 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Funny.

No Carl... Nope. I don't want 24/7 anti-carl racist email posts on facebook but doesn't he own property in Orchard Park?

Lets say he won. It would just be a 24/7 troll fest the entire time he was elected.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information