Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Because F.U. is why. Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Obama did.

He's a natural born citizen and released his fricking birth certificate for you racist goons. How exactly is he supposed to "release" his "immigration status"? Why does he owe you his academic records?

I know why.

Black guy.
    Bingo!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    What's that got to do with NY?
    Texting with your digits is against the law in NY; not the voice thingy. I commended, with irony, you for making that stipulation in your initial comment. Sorry I have had to explain a lighter, (intending humor) comment to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Texting with your digits is against the law in NY; not the voice thingy. I commended, with irony, you for making that stipulation in your initial comment. Sorry I have had to explain a lighter, (intending humor) comment to you.
    I live in Illinois.....
    HipKat's Blog

I live in Illinois.....
    Hmm. Stay safe.

I live in Illinois.....

Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Chicago?
    Pekin, outside of Peoria, aka Pe-BORE-ia or PeoriHELL lol
    HipKat's Blog

The home of the establishment's Bob Michel, and a certain heavy equipment company. Ah, now your screen name makes sense. Very clever.

caterpillar.png

Perhaps "Hip" stands for "Highly Informed Progressive?"
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 12th, 2018 at 07:30 PM.

Now that is funny!

Population - 34,000, 94% White. Sounds like a lot of towns in Western New York. From the New York area?

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    The home of the establishment's Bob Michel, and a certain heavy equipment company. Ah, now your screen name makes sense. Very clever.

caterpillar.png

Perhaps "Hip" stands for "Highly Informed Progressive?"
    You know, I've never thought of that, but I'll take it!!! Actually, I was HipKat looooong before I ever heard of Peoria, IL
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Now that is funny!

Population - 34,000, 94% White. Sounds like a lot of towns in Western New York. From the New York area?
    Yeah, Lee, I'm from Buffalo and always will be a Buffalonian. My body my be in Illinois, sadly, but my heart will always be back home (Where I belong)
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't believe he sold his stock to "enrich" himself. He may have "leaked" information but that simply can't be illegal. We have watched the FBI and many others in government leak information like noodle strainers the last few years. Even items that are classified. How did Collins "enrich" himself. One article said he lost $100,000's of dollars.
    Do keep up. This was about Trump in reply to a "why should Trump release his taxes" comment from one of the hypocritical peanut gallery here.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think he should resign because the local www.ecdems.com are going to harp on this to no end.
    This is also absolutely perfect. This is perhaps the most incredible distillation of "it's ok if you're a Republican" mindset that contorts your usual rhetoric into a pretzel. You don't think Collins should resign because he committed securities fraud and lied to the FBI - you think he should resign because of the political implications. Because the Democrats will (quite rightly) "harp on this to no end".

It's dumb tribalism in its most concentrated form. Because I can tell you that if Brian Higgins was arrested tomorrow on a similar indictment, I'd tell him to resign. When Schneiderman stood accused of abusing ex-girlfriends I said he should resign and good riddance to him. But Collins? Oh, you know the Dems are going to be all over him, so he should resign. Not because it's the right thing to do, or because he broke the law, or because with a felony indictment he might be too distracted to serve. Just because "Dems will harp".

Remember when you guys believed in honesty and integrity in government? When you guys were for reform and good government by qualified or at least decent people? I know the cult of Trump has pretty much rendered all of that moot, but it's pathetic what you people have become. Please, for sure, more conspiracy theories and clumsy whataboutism.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

This is also absolutely perfect. This is perhaps the most incredible distillation of "it's ok if you're a Republican" mindset that contorts your usual rhetoric into a pretzel. You don't think Collins should resign because he committed securities fraud and lied to the FBI - you think he should resign because of the political implications. Because the Democrats will (quite rightly) "harp on this to no end".
    He needs to RESIGN because he lacks character, is a crook, and has no business representing our interests in the House of Representatives. Think of it, our Congressman, our voice in Congress, is representing our interests while out on bail.

What is going to take, an orange jump suit and an ankle bracelet?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 13th, 2018 at 09:15 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I never said it was ok if you're a Republican. From the start I have said he should resign.

Read post #1 and #2 of this thread. I said I agree with post #1. He should resign. I just said he should be treated just like Hillary. Smash cell phones and laptops, don't put him under oath and give the people around him immunity. Don't you think people should be treated equally?

I said "I think he should resign because the local www.ecdems.com are going to harp on this to no end." because it's true.

It's dumb tribalism in its most concentrated form. Because I can tell you that if Brian Higgins was arrested tomorrow on a similar indictment, I'd tell him to resign. When Schneiderman stood accused of abusing ex-girlfriends I said he should resign and good riddance to him. But Collins? Oh, you know the Dems are going to be all over him, so he should resign. Not because it's the right thing to do, or because he broke the law, or because with a felony indictment he might be too distracted to serve. Just because "Dems will harp".

Remember when you guys believed in honesty and integrity in government? When you guys were for reform and good government by qualified or at least decent people? I know the cult of Trump has pretty much rendered all of that moot, but it's pathetic what you people have become. Please, for sure, more conspiracy theories and clumsy whataboutism.
    I typed he should resign here and on facebook.

I don't think I would use "it's ok if you're a Republican" because there are just too many examples of "it's ok if you're a Democrat" to even begin.

He should resign because he lied to the FBI and leaked information he should not have.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

A little ironic coming from a registered member of the Democratic party.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information