Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    He finally released his “birth certificate” on the same day he promoted that fat slug, Leon Panetta, from CIA Director to Secretary of Defense. But we all know that the CIA has no history of preparing fake documents! Why does Trump owe you his tax returns?
    Because the policies he implements affect his taxes personally in ways we don't know. We should know how he's enriching himself on the public coin.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

From: https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/11/s...ollins-office/

After extensive discussions with my family and my friends over the last few days, I have decided that it is in the best interests of the constituents of NY-27, the Republican Party and President Trump’s agenda for me to suspend my campaign for re-election to Congress.

I will fill out the remaining few months of my term to assure that our community maintains its vote in Congress to support President Trump’s agenda to create jobs, eliminate regulations, reduce the size of government, address immigration and lower taxes.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Perhaps "Suspending my campaign" and withdrawing from the race is a distinction without a difference, but it strikes me as a parsed comment that does not ring with finality. This is certainly not a resignation.

Also, Mr. Collins no longer controls his own schedule, the legal process does. Can he authoritatively say that he will be available to vote to support the Trump agenda? (Parenthetically, I seem to recall that the Collins position on immigration and the "Dreamers" was somewhat at odds with the President's.)

More self-serving double talk from the WNY distributor of Crappola.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 11th, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Chris Collins

Democrats are laser focused on taking back the House, electing Nancy Pelosi Speaker and then launching impeachment proceedings against President Trump. They would like nothing more than to elect an 'Impeach Trump' Democrat in this District, which is something that neither our country or my party can afford.

After extensive discussions with my family and my friends over the last few days, I have decided that it is in the best interests of the constituents of NY-27, the Republican Party and President Trump’s agenda for me to suspend my campaign for re-election to Congress.

I will fill out the remaining few months of my term to assure that our community maintains its vote in Congress to support President Trump’s agenda to create jobs, eliminate regulations, reduce the size of government, address immigration and lower taxes.

I will also continue to fight the meritless charges brought against me and I look forward to having my good name cleared of any wrongdoing

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Because the policies he implements affect his taxes personally in ways we don't know. We should know how he's enriching himself on the public coin.
    I don't believe he sold his stock to "enrich" himself. He may have "leaked" information but that simply can't be illegal. We have watched the FBI and many others in government leak information like noodle strainers the last few years. Even items that are classified. How did Collins "enrich" himself. One article said he lost $100,000's of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Chris Collins

Democrats are laser focused on taking back the House, electing Nancy Pelosi Speaker and then launching impeachment proceedings against President Trump. They would like nothing more than to elect an 'Impeach Trump' Democrat in this District, which is something that neither our country or my party can afford.

I will also continue to fight the meritless charges brought against me and I look forward to having my good name cleared of any wrongdoing
    I will reassert what I wrote on post #3:

Oh I agree about the double standard Res, but Collins apparently knew that this indictment was in the pipe line. It seems to me if he valued his constituents, the Trump agenda, and his Party's control of the House, he would have announced that he would not seek re-election, leave, fight his legal battle, and if exonerated, live to fight another day.
    He is a phony.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 11th, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think he should resign because the local www.ecdems.com are going to harp on this to no end.

It is my understanding that absent some remote political maneuvering it is too late to remove his name from the ballot and substitute a different candidate.

From: https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/08/c...trict-in-play/

John W. Conklin, a spokesman for the state Board of Elections, said the only way for Collins to leave the ballot at this late date on the political calendar would be for party leaders to arrange for another GOP candidate for another office to decline his or her nomination. Then, he said, party leaders could substitute Collins for some lower office such as town justice or coroner.

It is also possible they could insert him into one of the district’s few Democratic enclaves where he could run as a sacrificial lamb.

“A person can decline the first office in order to accept the second office,” Conklin said. “Just speculating here, if he somehow managed the nomination for a second office after he accepted, that could open the congressional line."

But Conklin noted such a scenario appears “unlikely,” because of the late date and further complications.

Erie County Republican Elections Commissioner Ralph M. Mohr added that for that scenario to work, the first officeholder must be a lawyer who could accept a nomination for State Supreme Court in September.

“Where you find a lawyer to do that, I don’t know,” he said.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

It is my understanding that absent some remote political maneuvering it is too late to remove his name from the ballot and substitute a different candidate.

From: https://buffalonews.com/2018/08/08/c...trict-in-play/
    That is my understanding as well, very hard, but not impossible.

Folks, on Facebook Erin Baker voiced her displeasure against something Rus Thompson said about her and her family. I went onto Rus Thompson's Facebook page and noticed that he is not happy with Nick Langworthy's desire to put Ray Walters in the position to take Collins seat. He was clearly upset because he further stated that if Ray Walters were to get that position, Erin Baker would be his Chief of Staff with a hefty salary. Erin Baker is Nick's wife and her position on Facebook was very harsh. I think it is inappropriate IMO. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Folks, on Facebook Erin Baker voiced her displeasure against something Rus Thompson said about her and her family. I went onto Rus Thompson's Facebook page and noticed that he is not happy with Nick Langworthy's desire to put Ray Walters in the position to take Collins seat. He was clearly upset because he further stated that if Ray Walters were to get that position, Erin Baker would be his Chief of Staff with a hefty salary. Erin Baker is Nick's wife and her position on Facebook was very harsh. I think it is inappropriate IMO. Thoughts?
    I do not know anything about this purported soap opera side show, but I do feel that this District needs a strong, ethical Republican alternative to the ultra-left agenda which Supervisor MacMurray seemingly would bring to Washington.

Stefan Mychajliw has already made a public commitment to pursue the seat. David Bellavia perhaps is available. I would be happy to support either man. Personally, my favorite is Assemblyman Di Pietro, but I do not know if he qualifies in terms of residence, or interest.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 11th, 2018 at 12:09 PM.

I just saw on Facebook that Stefan Mychajliw has announced his interest in running in Collins' place.

I just saw on Facebook that Stefan Mychajliw has announced his interest in running in Collins' place.
    It has already been on WBEN dt.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Why does he owe you his academic records?

I know why.

Black guy.
    I appreciate the passions of all, but this is an issue of bigotry residing in the world of color: Red vs. Blue. It is a game that both sides play when either smells blood in the water. For example, why did Dan Quayle owe us disclosure of his academic records?

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    That you VOICE texted while driving.
    What's that got to do with NY?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information