Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I agree.

Look at it this way. I'd rather have something like this happen instead of someone in that seat that burdened the tax payer with billions of dollars of new taxes. He should resign though. It will be 24/7 facebook/news coverage on this one topic.

Hey ask Alan B finished his happy dance?!

AND to add. This is NOT a reason to vote for the other guy. If Jeremy and crew make it out that a democrat would be better that would be just stupid. We have people who do stupid stuff in both parties.

I'm still waiting for the www.ecdems.com statement on Cuomo and the corruption with the Buffalo billion.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    At a minimum he should withdraw from re-election and let the party run someone else. Even in his best case scenario of being found not guilty (which I don't think is going to happen) the distraction would prevent him from properly doing his job. Staying in screws the tax payers regardless of the final outcome.

Jill Schlesinger made a good point this morning. Why are politicians even allowed to remain on the boards of companies while in office?
    Perhaps because you don’t surrender your right to participate in society when you’re elected? You think that might have something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Perhaps because you don’t surrender your right to participate in society when you’re elected? You think that might have something to do with it?
    I think a single, clear, universal standard, not written to enrich lawyers, for all business dealings, for all those in federal elective office, would give bold colors to the ethical boundary lines Grump. In other words, common sense, broad-based, clarity, aka "Ethics For Dummies," for such standards Grump.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 10th, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

One other point on Collins. I found his wrapping himself with the MS cause disingenuous and distasteful.

I have not noticed that Collins volunteered any outstanding work with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, or the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America. To my knowledge, his only involvement with MS concerned his position with Innate Immunotherapeutics.

Perhaps a stretch, but that would be rough equivalent of a draft-age business man during World War Two saying that Nazism must be defeated, but instead of enlisting in the armed forces and using an M1 Garand, he invested in, and sat on the boards of Springfield Armory or Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Glad you added that HipKat. NY State needs the revenue.
    ?????
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    ?????
    That you VOICE texted while driving.

I just have to say how *chef's kiss* perfect it is that this forum doesn't have the almost unprecedented arrest and indictment of a local Republican congressman up as a "hot topic" or even under the "speakup" or "US Politics" tabs, but is instead buried where one would have to find threads about the Lancaster town budget or school bus referenda.

The "what about the Buffalo Billion" nonsense is so intensely predictable. Lou Ciminelli gave money to Republicans just as much - if not more - than Democrats, and those convictions for bid rigging didn't implicate any elected officials. Chris Collins, by contrast, is an elected official who conveyed his inside, non-public, material information obtained as a member of the company board to his son so he could mitigate his losses when the stock he told everyone - including at least 6 other congressmen - to buy tanked. Collins' son's fiancee and her mother have already settled with the SEC and paid 100% penalties. The actions of Collins and his son and his soon-to-be father in law were more blatant and egregious.

Chris Collins holds that office in a public trust. He was a horrible and unresponsive Congressman from the very beginning, but now it's become crystal clear for whom he works - his own bottom line. This is before we get to the point that he was a member of the board of a publicly traded company and introduced and promoted legislation and rules that would have materially helped that business make money. Incidentally, anyone who's heard the word "Thalidomide" knows exactly why we have strict rules regarding when and how pharmaceuticals make their way to market.

The hive mind here just can't wrap itself around the fact that Collins is a corrupt crook who not only committed a crime, but was incredibly stupid about it. And then he gets up on the podium at a "press conference", takes no questions, and does nothing more than suck his own phallus, whining about what a good and honorable person/businessman he is.

If Collins was a Democrat, this would be allcaps bold way up at the top of the forum with its own entry as a hot topic. The fact that it's buried here is so hilarious and telling. The fact that Collins is arrogant enough to stay in the race is equally funny. I personally don't think an indicted felon of either party has the credibility to serve as a representative.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    One other point on Collins. I found his wrapping himself with the MS cause disingenuous and distasteful.

I have not noticed that Collins volunteered any outstanding work with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, or the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America. To my knowledge, his only involvement with MS concerned his position with Innate Immunotherapeutics.

Perhaps a stretch, but that would be rough equivalent of a draft-age business man during World War Two saying that Nazism must be defeated, but instead of enlisting in the armed forces and using an M1 Garand, he invested in, and sat on the boards of Springfield Armory or Winchester.
    This is why he wouldn't ever release his taxes. If he had, you'd see to whom (if anyone) he donated.

Others seem uncomfortable with the issue Grump.

https://wben.radio.com/articles/dept...orporate-board

Mark, I don’t care. I’ve actually been around some legislative bodies. The last thing they need is to be hermetically sealed off from the day to day world. If you want to destroy any remaining vestiges of legislator independence require that they give up all outside activity.

Mark, I don’t care. I’ve actually been around some legislative bodies. The last thing they need is to be hermetically sealed off from the day to day world. If you want to destroy any remaining vestiges of legislator independence require that they give up all outside activity.
    I respect your view point Grump. But Collins' day to day world does not mirror the day to day world of the grassroots people who sent him to Congress to represent their interests.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 11th, 2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    This is why he wouldn't ever release his taxes. If he had, you'd see to whom (if anyone) he donated.
    Wonder why Obama wouldn’t release his academic records, his immigration status, his selective service registration or any of that stuff. And your statement that the repeated scandals regarding Il Douche’s economic development projects don’t implicate any elected official is comical. Even left wingers like Heaney at Investigative Reports have said that Todd Howe was there specifically as Il Douche’s eyes and ears.

Wonder why Obama wouldn’t release his academic records, his immigration status, his selective service registration or any of that stuff.
    Because F.U. is why. Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Obama did.

He's a natural born citizen and released his fricking birth certificate for you racist goons. How exactly is he supposed to "release" his "immigration status"? Why does he owe you his academic records?

I know why.

Black guy.

I just have to say how *chef's kiss* perfect it is that this forum doesn't have the almost unprecedented arrest and indictment of a local Republican congressman up as a "hot topic" or even under the "speakup" or "US Politics" tabs, but is instead buried where one would have to find threads about the Lancaster town budget or school bus referenda.
    Alan, I am also surprised by the lack of commentary, and that it was left to a dumb ass such as myself to start a thread concerning a topic of such profound political consequence and historic significance.

The hive mind here just can't wrap itself around the fact that Collins is a corrupt crook who not only committed a crime, but was incredibly stupid about it. And then he gets up on the podium at a "press conference", takes no questions, and does nothing more than suck his own phallus, whining about what a good and honorable person/businessman he is.
    I found his comments about MS particularly offensive.

He finally released his “birth certificate” on the same day he promoted that fat slug, Leon Panetta, from CIA Director to Secretary of Defense. But we all know that the CIA has no history of preparing fake documents! Why does Trump owe you his tax returns?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information