Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

At a minimum he should withdraw from re-election and let the party run someone else. Even in his best case scenario of being found not guilty (which I don't think is going to happen) the distraction would prevent him from properly doing his job. Staying in screws the tax payers regardless of the final outcome.

Jill Schlesinger made a good point this morning. Why are politicians even allowed to remain on the boards of companies while in office?
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    At a minimum he should withdraw from re-election and let the party run someone else.
    Yes. I understand that a substitution at this stage would be a difficult, but not impossible.

Even in his best case scenario of being found not guilty (which I don't think is going to happen) the distraction would prevent him from properly doing his job.
    Exactly. What is his purpose for remaining on the job? His loss of a key committee position, and the time he needs to expend in his own defense, renders him ineffective as the advocate for the 27th. To sum up, Chris Collins has a job, but no effective ability to work. He is simply collecting a paycheck, perks, and benefits, serving his own personal interests, and celebrating his own ego.

Staying in screws the tax payers regardless of the final outcome.
    "Screws" is the tactful way of putting it.

Even in his best case scenario of being found not guilty (which I don't think is going to happen) the distraction would prevent him from properly doing his job.
    I love his defense. In a paraphrase, "I did not sell the stock based on the inside information."

The problem is, the Feds never said he sold the stock based on inside information. He is charged with giving that information to his son, who sold his stock, and provided that information to his friends.

He apparently is defending against an illusory charge.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 9th, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

I just read in today's Buffalo News, Collins is continuing on with his campaign to get re-elected. Is this one of the differences between Republicans and Democrats? Al Roker has to resign his Senate seat, because when he was a comedian, he some inappropriate comments and gestures to a woman, like a comedian probably would, but Collins is caught and indicted on insider trading that saved/made him, his son, his son's in-laws, et al a pile of money and he gets to stay?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Al Roker has to resign his Senate seat, because when he was a comedian, he some inappropriate comments and gestures to a woman,
    Perhaps your glee is clouding your thinking HipKat Ol' Boy, and the words maybe hitting your screen before your fingers hit the keyboard.

I think Al Franken is the blowhard Senator you intended to communicate. "Poopy Pants" Roker was an NBC Obama sycophant.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 9th, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

You have to be an idiot to get caught with insider trading.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post
    You have to be an idiot to get caught with insider trading.
    And he needs to step down because this will be a ongoing distraction.

On WBEN today, Langworthy appeared to be distancing himself from Collins when he said that he has not spoken directly with Collins, and I think that quote is accurate, "for a long time." He appeared to place the burden of the Party's 27th District November fortunes squarely on Collins when he said that "only he" (Collins) can withdraw from the ballot.

Furthermore, Langworthy seemed to sum-up my feelings regarding last night's television and radio performance when I understood him to have asked himself rhetorically "Why are you holding this news conference?"

It seems to me that the collective Langworthy comments relate this message:"Chris, you have been disconnected from me and the people of the 27th. Now, you are having personal, private legal issues which you did not explain away at your news conference. You know what is at stake for the people of the 27th, the Trump Agenda, and the nation. You need to do the right thing, and drop out. If you don't, and this seat is lost, it is your fault."

Just my take, but what do I know?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 9th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Perhaps your glee is clouding your thinking HipKat Ol' Boy, and the words maybe hitting your screen before your fingers hit the keyboard.

I think Al Franken is the blowhard Senator you intended to communicate. "Poopy Pants" Roker was an NBC Obama sycophant.
    Yeah lol. I was Driving back to Ohio, using Voice To Text and didn't catch myself :P
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I was Driving back to Ohio, using Voice To Text
    Glad you added that HipKat. NY State needs the revenue.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How many years has this insider trading been going on with Chris? When you listen to the anti-republican people it sounds like this is an ongoing practice. Is this a one time situation or did Chris "inside trade" numerous companies?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How many years has this insider trading been going on with Chris? When you listen to the anti-republican people it sounds like this is an ongoing practice. Is this a one time situation or did Chris "inside trade" numerous companies?
    As far as the insider trading thing, I think it was confined to this one company, this one time, but I could be wrong.

What is more concerning to me, if I am understanding this correctly Res, is that Collins touted this company from the House floor itself, and has bragged on how many millionaires he has "made." I personally do not think that is an appropriate role for a Congressman, and at the very least, reflects a misapplication of his time and focus, IMHO.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I agree.

Look at it this way. I'd rather have something like this happen instead of someone in that seat that burdened the tax payer with billions of dollars of new taxes. He should resign though. It will be 24/7 facebook/news coverage on this one topic.

Hey ask Alan B finished his happy dance?!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'd rather have something like this happen instead of someone in that seat that burdened the tax payer with billions of dollars of new taxes.
    There is no doubt, advocating for a fight against MS is a worthy cause. I can understand a pitch for government research funding, but to advocate for private profitable remedy just smacks of opportunistic sleaze.

I do agree with his low-tax philosophy and creating a business-friendly environment, but I am troubled by what appears to be his clever use of the stature of the House of Representatives as an "indirect sponsor" of his business interests. To me, that is wrong, and generally, is a practice which I feel should be considered for remediation.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 10th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

I just shake my head and think what is wrong with this district he represents, and as a US House of Representatives as a member on the Ways & Means Committee, his political arm went deep and far. Let us all remember Chris Lee and his fall from grace. I'm scratching my head and just realized both names begin with Chris......he was the Congressmen in Collins district and on the Ways & Means Committee. Never thought he looked good with his shirt off...…..

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I just shake my head and think what is wrong with this district he represents...

A rather obvious problem that the District may have Shortstuff, is as apparent blind tolerance of, and in some instances, a rather suppliant reverence for, the political leadership arising out of a purported elitist class, which is comprised of "legacy" names, the rich and powerful, pay-to-play actors, and the obviously well-connected.

From the Congress to the local courthouse, we are in need of strong, sincere, competent, and ethical leadership, that serve people, and not their own pocket books, personal interests, or political power.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 10th, 2018 at 01:47 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information