Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    Both Collins and Langworthy were well aware of the charges Collins faced. They took a chance in that the indictments would not come to light until after the election. I agree with you Mark, this does not look good for Langworthy...

...Then he said, there would be a decision by the end of August. As of this date, we have nothing. However, I've heard from credible sources that Collins will remain on the ballot.
    T-Minus three days until Primary Day, 2018. In NY-27, no presentation of a Republican replacement candidate as of yet.

Frankly, the so-called 2018 "Race 2 Replace" is starting to resemble the 1914 "Race To The Sea:" A flurry of activity followed by stalemate. The effort to replace the tainted Congressman appears to be turning into political trench warfare.

Thank you Chris Collins, the biggest disaster to hit WNY since the October, 2006 storm.

https://wben.radio.com/articles/coll...t-race2replace
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 10th, 2018 at 08:44 AM.

However, I've heard from credible sources that Collins will remain on the ballot.
    I have speculated such would be the case since listening to Tom Reynolds on August 19.

I am sure your source is most probably correct, although the most credible source is one's own common sense. To wit, time is the huge indicator. The longer this goes on without a replacement, the more obvious it is that Lord Collins will stay on the ballot.

What I simply still do not understand is why Langworthy permitted this high-profile "Dog and Pony" show which only served to possibly weaken public perceptions of his first string players, especially visa v the County Executive race in 2019.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 10th, 2018 at 08:45 AM.

Thank you for sharing Mark Hardwick says that Collins and/or the GOP will run negative ads against Nate McMurray.
    IMHO, the smartest thing the Republicans can do is to "nationalize" the race, and make possible Trump impeachment and Nancy Pelosi the fundamental issues, and avoid the toxic personal crap about Mr. MacMurray, but what do I know?

I agree with you Mark, this does not look good for Langworthy.
    If Langworthy is reading, news bulletin: Deceptive manipulation of your own candidates and the voters is no way to grow the Republican Party in Erie County.

It appear Collins should have had an idea about this coming down back in April: https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/10/c...isit-from-fbi/
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    It appear Collins should have had an idea about this coming down back in April: https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/10/c...isit-from-fbi/
    My point exactly dt. Are we to believe that Collins did not foresee the road ahead, and equally, that he did not have the instinct to inform Langworthy et al?

Pretty hard for me to believe. But, that is just my humble belief.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    My point exactly dt. Are we to believe that Collins did not foresee the road ahead, and equally, that he did not have the instinct to inform Langworthy et al?

Pretty hard for me to believe. But, that is just my humble belief.
    Revelations by the minute today. Just heard the interview on Ch. 4 and apparently he was offered a plea deal back in April. Did I hear that right?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Revelations by the minute today. Just heard the interview on Ch. 4 and apparently he was offered a plea deal back in April. Did I hear that right?
    In light of the WIVB T.V. interview, all kinds of information out there, and yes, you are partially correct on the plea thingy, but Collins does not appear to directly confirm or deny the assertion made by the reporter. (The grammar and punctuation in the story, highlighted in blue, is awkward to the point of being weird, IMHO. Is the coma leading to a further comment, or should the coma be a period, or perhaps a question mark?) However, it is more than fair to say that one can certainly be left with that "impression." From the WBEN website:

In an interview airing Monday, the three-term New York lawmaker told Buffalo television station WIVB that he thought the agents came to him in April to talk about an ongoing congressional ethics probe related to his ties to a biotechnology company.

"I'm in a bathrobe and bare feet and just got out of bed and I chatted with them for 45 minutes or so," Collins said of the 6 a.m. visit. "They wanted to know about my involvement, and I shared everything from A-to-Z. And then at the end of it all, they said, oh by the way, we have a subpoena for you."

Collins was indicted a month ago on charges he illegally leaked confidential information about Innate Immunotherapeutics Limited to his son and the father of his son's fiancée. He pleaded not guilty but dropped his bid for re-election.

"There was a plea that was offered at the time. Why not take that plea?" reporter Dave Greber asked Collins during the interview.

"Well again I can't talk about the case. That was disclosed," Collins replied. "I don't even want to get into that. But I am innocent and I'm going to fight this right to the end in court."
    This is another rather curious comment:

DAVE
    So you believe your last day will be Dec. 31?

COLLINS
    Correct
    Is he saying that if elected, he'll quit?

For Heaven's sake, if that was, and still is, his intention, why not leave back in April at the time of initial questioning?

Good grief, once questioned, this whole mess was more than foreseeable, it was most probably inevitable. Ergo, even though he was time-limited on the day he was questioned, he had at least a day to withdraw from the race, and an opportunity to harmonize his withdrawal with the petition deadlines.

Your thoughts dt?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 10th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.

Between this and the Bohen fiasco I have to wonder about the current leadership in the ECGOP. It appears that despite allowing Bohen to run on the Republican line they have no intentions to seriously support him or defend the line.

Between this and the Bohen fiasco I have to wonder about the current leadership in the ECGOP. It appears that despite allowing Bohen to run on the Republican line they have no intentions to seriously support him or defend the line.
    A mess. Langworthy does not appear to be putting his best foot forward. Actually, at times he appears to be tripping.

Actually, just found a complete transcript of the interview on the WIVB website. Here is the complete quote:

COLLINS
    Well again I can't talk about the case. That was disclosed. I don't even want to get into that. But I am innocent and I'm going to fight this right to the end in court. And I will be exonerated.
    A period, not a coma. But, does he mean the "plea deal" was disclosed, or the fact that he can not talk about the case was disclosed? And, there is even more murkiness that I will not suggest. All of this, a semantic nightmare that sends one screaming into the night.

Maybe it is just my obsession with words.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 10th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.

I just inquired of the WSGOP chairman what the Town and County Republican Committees are going to do to support Bohen and defend the line since they allowed a democrat to run on it. So far it has been over 30 minutes and crickets.

I just inquired of the WSGOP chairman what the Town and County Republican Committees are going to do to support Bohen and defend the line since they allowed a democrat to run on it. So far it has been over 30 minutes and crickets.
    I suggest that you make a pot of very strong coffee while you wait for an answer.

The Snews' take, he did confirm the plea deal. Willing to say I'm just being suspicious, picky, and wrong.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/10/c...isit-from-fbi/

Also, is he agreeing to an unlikely hypothetical?:

As I understand it, they would find another spot for me to run, at which point I would decline my spot on the congressional ballot," Collins told WIVB's Dave Greber. "And that's what they're working through. As I understand, it's never been done before, so they're looking at the legal aspects of it. As I've said, I'm going to cooperate fully."

What if - for the sake of discussion - Chris Collins' assertion of his non-guilt is accurate and valid... would his behavior be viewed as more (if not, certainly) reasonable?

Though I'm not blindly defending him, I get the sense that he is not blowing "innocence smoke" in this case. No doubt his outward bearing triggers a lot of negative emotion/passion. But he's not being tried for being cocky or having the personality of an ass.

I also am not blindly buying into what is certainly a compelling indictment document.

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    What if - for the sake of discussion - Chris Collins' assertion of his non-guilt is accurate and valid... would his behavior be viewed as more (if not, certainly) reasonable?

Though I'm not blindly defending him, I get the sense that he is not blowing "innocence smoke" in this case. No doubt his outward bearing triggers a lot of negative emotion/passion. But he's not being tried for being cocky or having the personality of an ass.
    Then he should not have suspended his campaign and tried his claim of innocence as part of his campaign.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information