Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stutzman road subdivision.

Stutzman road subdivision.

Listening to the planning board recording, the members do not seem too enthused about this subdivision.
    It starts about 32:52 on the recording. Also, at the end of the meeting was an interesting discussion regarding bonding for purchasing greenspace.

https://soundcloud.com/user-329292372/2018-07-18-pbm

Georgia L Schlager

The Stutzman road area neighbors have a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/No-Stutzman...9962379720072/

Georgia L Schlager

All I can say is good luck to them.. We tried to organize against Hidden Meadow with very little success. Developers are king around here.

The satellite view of the area doesn't seem like they'll be very big lots. Which builder is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    The satellite view of the area doesn't seem like they'll be very big lots. Which builder is it?
    They are 75' wide

Georgia L Schlager

Natale is the builder. 10 acre parcel
    Some of the lots on Home Rd in that section are only 50' wide.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why don't the people in that area want another subdivision?

It will fit nice on that area and add to the tax base. If someone sends me a link to a scan of the plans I'll superimpose the image to scale. The surrounding home owners won't even notice the 25 to 50 cars those properties may own. 25 home owners might own 1 to 2 cars each.

On a positive note the new builds may increase the current property value of the surrounding homes. Every surrounding home owner should be thrilled to see their home values increase. It will give each home owner the opportunity to contribute more to the community by way of higher property taxes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Rush hour traffic on Stutzman Road!

That traffic doesn't look all that bad. I'm assuming that video is pointing south with people turning onto Pleasant View Dr.

Here is a solution if traffic increases.

Eminent Domain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain

We might have to use eminent domain because it is for the good of the community.

Here is an overhead of the area. Stutzman Road is near the top with Pleasant View to the left.

Traffic flow. You have more traffic you need more roads. The town can add two more roads connecting Stutzman Road to Harris Hill Road.

To save on cost keep them as straight as possible to make plowing easier. We'll connect the end of Blackstone court and continue north to Stutzman and do the same with Haslell Dr.

Same area with two roads added.

That's an odd looking home at the end of Daniel Dr. Looks like a maintenance free lawn. Just stone.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Rush hour traffic on Stutzman Road!

That traffic doesn't look all that bad. I'm assuming that video is pointing south with people turning onto Pleasant View Dr.

Here is a solution if traffic increases.

Eminent Domain

We might have to use eminent domain because it is for the good of the community.

Here is an overhead of the area. Stutzman Road is near the top with Pleasant View to the left.

Traffic flow. You have more traffic you need more roads. The town can add two more roads connecting Stutzman Road to Harris Hill Road.

To save on cost keep them as straight as possible to make plowing easier. We'll connect the end of Blackstone court and continue north to Stutzman and do the same with Haslell Dr.

Same area with two roads added.

That's an odd looking home at the end of Daniel Dr. Looks like a maintenance free lawn. Just stone.
    Blackstone Ct, I believe is a private road. The property at the end of Haskel Dr is owned by the RC school of Bowmansville. The area of the wanna be subdivision is zoned R1. There better some concrete reasons (safety, drainage, cul de sac diameter to code, entrance size to code) why they say 'no' or they can sue the town.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Blackstone Ct, I believe is a private road. The property at the end of Haskel Dr is owned by the RC school of Bowmansville. The area of the wanna be subdivision is zoned R1. There better some concrete reasons (safety, drainage, cul de sac diameter to code, entrance size to code) why they say 'no' or they can sue the town.

Eminent Domain

Gorja - I do believe his posts are heavy on the sarcasm. My question about the lot sizes was depth, with myself having a small lot due to poor planning.

Tony, if I lived there I wouldn't use Pleasant View, I'd use Genesee. But its hard to get out on Genesee heading west sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Gorja - I do believe his posts are heavy on the sarcasm. My question about the lot sizes was depth, with myself having a small lot due to poor planning.

Tony, if I lived there I wouldn't use Pleasant View, I'd use Genesee. But its hard to get out on Genesee heading west sometimes.
    You're right Neubs, they don't look very deep.

Georgia L Schlager

I have empathy for the folks on Stutzman and the surrounding areas. We have seen throughout the past several decades how the infrastructure is not in succinct with the development throughout the town. Problematic areas are Stony, Harris Hill, Genesee in Bowmanville, along William Street, Pleasantview, Windsor Ridge, Broadway/Bowen and Pavement. I'm sure I forgot a few more, but as the town develops so does the issues that comes along with rapid growth.

The town now has a problem which is becoming a crisis, to add further development without recognizing the deterioration of the infrastructure and the impact it has on the traffic pattern without addressing it will become a focal point in the upcoming election(s). Facebook and social media has increased the awareness which will bring residents to a town board or planning board meeting(s).

Question, I noticed on William & Aurora the land cleared by the Briarwood Daycare Center. It appears that a multiuse building is going to be constructed. My question is, how are they going to have enough room for the vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I have empathy for the folks on Stutzman and the surrounding areas. We have seen throughout the past several decades how the infrastructure is not in succinct with the development throughout the town.
    The infrastructure not keeping pace with development was never the problem. The problem, in my opinion, is that adequate infrastructure never really existed.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post

The town now has a problem which is becoming a crisis, to add further development without recognizing the deterioration of the infrastructure and the impact it has on the traffic pattern without addressing it will become a focal point in the upcoming election(s). Facebook and social media has increased the awareness which will bring residents to a town board or planning board meeting(s).
    This is not a lurking concern. It has been a significant, widening concern.

In recent years, Republican candidates have in fact attempted to make growth, development, and infrastructure issues, but apparently failed to clearly describe the scope and extent of the problem, and to articulate a clear policy and an unambiguous remedy. This failure, seemingly, properly resides with weak and inadequate party leadership and organization.

In the area of communications, a pet peeve Shortstuff: Precise words on campaign literature may mean a great deal. For example, when a campaign states that the candidate "will work with developers," those cloudy words do not resonate the strong, clear, control-development message that do the words "confront developers" or "challenge developers."

Very good candidates, sound ideas, but poor messaging, among other Republican Party issues, have deprived Lancaster of thoughtful debate regarding the development "crisis," and more concerning, a strong viable two-party system.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 2nd, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

Yes, yes, and yes to all your points. We see eye to eye on these issues that have and will continue to plague Lancaster. But Mark, we can’t kick the can down the road anymore. The developers have been the bully around town for decades, funny how the town board can be the mean guys on the block to residents, but when it comes to developers-well...

Just sayin’

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information