Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stutzman road subdivision.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    yes, yes, and yes to all your points. We see eye to eye on these issues that have and will continue to plague lancaster. But mark, we can’t kick the can down the road anymore. The developers have been the bully around town for decades, funny how the town board can be the mean guys on the block to residents, but when it comes to developers-well...

Just sayin’
    agree!!!

The property is zoned correctly
    Traffic will not increase significantly enough to adversely impact an already overburdened state road (Genesee) or an already overburdened county road (Pleasant View Drive). If the Planning Board uses this as a potential significant adverse impact not only will the developer be screaming, so too will many of us who likewise live on or along overburdened roads – and where development keeps taking place and where the town declares itself unable to control traffic because the main roads are predominantly county or state roads.

The only thing holding this project up is meeting environmental and SWPPP requirements.

The current town administration is paying for the sins of the fathers. Developers have indeed ruled in this town (and other towns as well) for past decades:

• Getting necessary permits from the town, DEC and ACOE
    • With bogus wetland delineations (destroying or filling in wetlands indiscriminately and resulting in much of today’s flooding and drainage issues
    • Building inferior subdivision roads – which resulted in need of early reconstruct or repair
    • Getting town approvals to surrender ponds that the town now maintains at our expense
    • Getting rezones and rezones of rezones approved based on developer market needs
    • Dumb growth practices – not accommodating for the infrastructure or roads as the town built out
    • Weak code enforcement
    • Patronage

The town is finishing up a new comprehensive plan with the focus on code changes and/or updating. Much needed.

Originally posted by shortstuff:
    Question, I noticed on William & Aurora the land cleared by the Briarwood Daycare Center. It appears that a multiuse building is going to be constructed. My question is, how are they going to have enough room for the vehicles?
    It looks like the property is 42,721 sq ft and the building is 14,000 sq ft. There is 28,000+ sq ft available for some parking spaces. 1 commercial tenant and 8 apartments

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So in theory a car per apartment so that can be 8 cars. I wonder how many employees will work for the commercial tenant. Figure they will have cars. As daycare goes parents drop the kids off and then leave so the cars won't sit all day.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It looks like the property is 42,721 sq ft and the building is 14,000 sq ft. There is 28,000+ sq ft available for some parking spaces. 1 commercial tenant and 8 apartments
    Umm, that's tight......

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So in theory a car per apartment so that can be 8 cars. I wonder how many employees will work for the commercial tenant. Figure they will have cars. As daycare goes parents drop the kids off and then leave so the cars won't sit all day.
    This building is in front of the daycare center. So the center will invariably have a rather nice size building next to it. If I remember correctly the door faces in a different direction so it won't impact the view, but the side of the daycare center building has windows so they will see the building from the classrooms.

There most certainly is not 28,000 sf left for parking when you have to account for driveways, swale, dumpster, loading area, greenspace, walking areas, etc.

This project has to be one of the worse I have ever encountered and should not have been approved for myriad reasons.

The town Zoning Board of Appeals did grant relief (variance) for the front yard setback. This property has been so cut up since early 2000 that a setback variance should not have been granted based on the developer creating his own hardship.

Erie County did require a traffic study and signed off on the plan. Traffic, what traffic on these two lane county roads, eh?

When doing SEQR the Municipal Review Committee determined there were no environmental impacts associated with the project – not even a minor impact on transportation; incredible! The primary concern of the town should be to protect its residents against harm. This project is not in the best interest of the community. Revenue once again triumphs and developers once again rule – getting the necessary permits as usual. Yes, the developer got his permits to develop here, but this project stinks!

No Erie County traffic concerns at the site so the county even grants a curb cut on William Street - ludicrous considering the traffic stacking that already takes place at an already overburdened signalized intersection and with the proximity of the current curb cuts (driveway accesses) on Aurora and William. Good luck accessing Aurora or William Street without conflict or risk.

The good news is that there will not be a cut through road to the Day Care Center.

It doesn't matter, the project has been approved. I thought things were improving in the town with an eye on past dumb growth policies and practices and this comes along. Hopefully the situation will be eased when individuals seek other roads to travel to avoid this cluster-f***.

Originally posted by gorja:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    There most certainly is not 28,000 sf left for parking when you have to account for driveways, swale, dumpster, loading area, greenspace, walking areas, etc.
    My bad. Okay Lee, I'll amend my statement. A portion of the 28,000 sq ft remaining after constructing a 14,000 sq ft building could be used for some parking spaces.

I also had a brain fart in that the 14,000 sq ft wasn't one story taking up 14,000 sq ft of land area.

Since they don't indicate what kind of commercial tenant will be there, how could that get approved without knowing how much parking space is needed?

The parcel across the street 4917 William (southwest corner) has a one story building 8,750 sq ft on 9,000 less sq ft of land. I don't know how many parking spots they created there.

Georgia L Schlager

My bad. Okay Lee, I'll amend my statement. A portion of the 28,000 sq ft remaining after constructing a 14,000 sq ft building could be used for some parking spaces.

I also had a brain fart in that the 14,000 sq ft wasn't one story taking up 14,000 sq ft of land area.

Since they don't indicate what kind of commercial tenant will be there, how could that get approved without knowing how much parking space is needed?

The parcel across the street 4917 William (southwest corner) has a one story building 8,750 sq ft on 9,000 less sq ft of land. I don't know how many parking spots they created there.

Have yet to see the final project drawing. When I do I will get back to you.

This is not unusual, but ridiculous IMHO, in that the commercial tenants do not have to be mentioned. If an eatery occupies the premise the game changes regarding not only parking concerns but vehicular trip generations and an impact on transportation in general.

It would be interesting to see where they are locating the building.

Georgia L Schlager

And where the William Street access driveway is located. The curb cut presently there is pretty close to the William / Aurora signalized intersection.

The building faces south (lot 473).

The swale runs along the northern border, east to west.

The driveway on Aurora Street remains. The driveway on William Street will be re positioned a short distance from the current curb cut. It will be difficult making left turns out of either access point.

There will be 52 parking spaces.

No mention of business occupants in the approved site plan - and there doesn't have to be. Why, I will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The building faces south (lot 473).

The swale runs along the northern border, east to west.

The driveway on Aurora Street remains. The driveway on William Street will be re positioned a short distance from the current curb cut. It will be difficult making left turns out of either access point.

There will be 52 parking spaces.

No mention of business occupants in the approved site plan - and there doesn't have to be. Why, I will never understand.
    A source of mine mentions Leo's Pizzeria as a possibility.

Kudos to the residents who attended last night’s town board meeting taking the opportunity to bring forth issues related to the Stutzman Road 25 R-1 homes to be built on 10 acres of adjacent landlocked property.

Several homeowners residing on neighboring streets commented on the following impacts:

• Drainage and flooding issues already exist and will worsen with the development

• Traffic concerns as Stutzman is already being used as a by-pass. Supervisor openly stated: I don’t drive there as I don’t want to get stuck in traffic – especially making left turns onto Genesee Street or Pleasant View Drive. The Planning Board has requested a traffic study. The results should indicate a resulting significant impact to traffic volume and traffic safety when SEQRA is performed.

• The town has been overdeveloped without providing the roads and infrastructure to accommodate the growth.

• Water pressure is already low in the area. More development will decrease it even more.

• While meeting the R-1 zoning code requirement (law) it does not meet the spirit of the law in that 25 homes will be built on a postage size area and affects the character of the neighborhood.

• Wildlife will be impacted.

• The question was asked if any member of the current board ever voted ‘no’ on a property zoned properly. After some hemming and hawing the board answered they did not but would vote against a Planning Board recommendation if it did not meeting SEQR guidelines. Councilman Ruffino remembered a time the board wanted to vote against a project (Tim Hortons) that was zoned correctly and met SEQRA guidelines and where the developer threatened to sue and the town backed off.

Nice job; there is strength in numbers. And to present concerns in public, before any board, and put on record trumps written comments.

Comment

This project is zoned accordingly but has so many adverse potential impacts associated with it that it should not pass SEQRA. But then again, I thought the same of the recently approved William & Aurora intersection mixed use project. And it did get approved with the blessing of the county regarding the traffic study and where the county granted two access points and where the town granted a setback variance.

Anyone interested in this project should listen to the meeting recording posted on the town’s website.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information