Thread: Chicago "Buffalo" could soon test universal basic income program

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Chicago "Buffalo" could soon test universal basic income program

I think Buffalo and surrounding burbs should do this. We need to help families.

Chicago could soon test universal basic income program

Chicago may soon become the largest municipality in the U.S. to test a universal basic income program.

Chicago alderman Ameya Pawar recently proposed legislation that would provide 1,000 families with a $500 monthly stipend -- no questions asked. The bill already has the backing of the majority of city lawmakers, and Pawar hopes to soon work with Mayor Rahm Emanuel to implement the pilot program, The Intercept reported.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...e-program.html

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think Buffalo and surrounding burbs should do this. We need to help families.

Chicago could soon test universal basic income program

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...e-program.html

UBI is something that needs to be explored in our lifetime. Most likely the end of it. That said, test programs like this are nothing more than pandering and a waste of money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I disagree. We need programs like this but I would say up the amount from $500 to $1500.

To increase our local population I believe we should only offer the $1500 to non residents. Yeah that's it. Non-residents. If you move to Erie and guarantee to stay here for 1 year you get the money. If you are breathing O2 you qualify.

I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I disagree. We need programs like this but I would say up the amount from $500 to $1500.

To increase our local population I believe we should only offer the $1500 to non residents. Yeah that's it. Non-residents. If you move to Erie and guarantee to stay here for 1 year you get the money. If you are breathing O2 you qualify.

I was being sarcastic.
    A special tax could be levied against the rich small businessmen of the town to pay for it!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    A special tax could be levied against the rich small businessmen of the town to pay for it!
    Or, we setup a tax for all state/county/local government employees. We'll call it the "Make it Fair Tax"... yeah that's it. It will be like an income tax based on the salary/benefit cost the government employee is given.

Thread Information