Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erie County Roads

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Dan has a point. Proper scheduled maintenance. If the people running our area were as good as they are when the come to running elections to stay in office our infrastructure would be better. BUT think about this. The only qualification you need to get a job like Mark, Stephan, any one of the local town superivisors/board members or city position is 1 more vote than the other guy. Or in some cases the qualification is a D or R on the persons jacket. You might as well put a party label on a box of rocks.

I'm tired of the bs we have witnessed over the years in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Poloncarz was on with Hardwick this morning, said bad winter, lots of freeze thaw etc. hasn’t it been freezing and thawing since the beginning of time? Obviously will always cost more to live here than in more moderate climate but you have to budget and plan for a paving schedule , not wait until everythings crumbling than address it
    This is a lie. The roads are terrible because intentional neglect, period. This is all on the CE. He uses infrastructure as political capitol and a bargaining chip. Never forget his "Horsetrading" comment. He is a radical left winger. Read his state of the county address. He stated that he does NOT represent the taxpayers. Huge potholes have not been fixed for five years. Winter damage occurs exponentially. Maintain the roads so it doesn't get worse. The patching they use is no better than cold patch. Chip sealing is money thrown away.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Doesn't lack of proper maintenance end up costing us more in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Doesn't lack of proper maintenance end up costing us more in the long run?
    Without a doubt.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We do have winters that take a toll on our roads. You can't deny that.

I wonder if towns have set maintenance schedules for stuff like this. When pot holes are reported what happens? Is this entered into a database ranked by size/importance then repaired?

Like a ticket system. I see there are issues with light poles in Cheektowaga.

Diane posted this on the Our Cheektowaga Community facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300521513802058/

Since there has been so much confusion about streetlights I will re-post this again from the Town’s website. For the most part, the Town owns the streetlight polls. The electric company owns the streetlight heads and bulbs. NYSEG and National Grid have reduced their crews to bare bones so some people’s complaints are waiting over a year. I advise residents to please contact the NYS Public Service Commission (see link below) if you have reported an outage to the Town or electric company and it has not been taken care of in a timely manner. The Town forwards your complaint to the electric company if it’s not ours. From the Town’s website:

How to report street lights not working:

In order to assist our residents expedite concerns with a street light, please call Cheektowaga Highway at 686-3450. We will forward the complaint to the Traffic Signal Technician in our Traffic Maintenance Unit.

Please note that in some cases the lamp pole may not be owned/maintained by the town, however, we will contact the utility company that own/maintains the pole on your behalf.

Provided below are the contact numbers for both electric companies:

NYSEG 1 (800) 572-1131

NATIONAL GRID 1 (800) 642-4272

If you’re experiencing difficulties receiving a response from a utility company or there has been no resolution for an excessive period of time, feel free to contact the Public Service Commission at 1(800) 342-3377 or visit http://www3.dps.ny.gov/ocs/itgate.nsf/webDPS_Complaint… for assistance with your requ

I wonder how are the complaints handed after the call is made. Does the "Traffic Maintenance Unit" use a ticket system to track or a notebook. Just wondering.

I also noticed someone talking about rusted light poles. For the most part we all know there is a lifetime on items like light poles. I don't know why any town wouldn't be proactive budgeting for replacements over time.

You know the surface layer of a road is the least important. Milling and paving is going to the dentist and having a pretty filling put in a rotten tooth. It is a 3-year fix, maximum.
    Zimmerman Road is already failing in at least three places. Unbeliveable. I understand one area failed within days of being paved. The remediation of these fails is not acceptable. One of the patches is a washboard. It is going to fail again shortly and take out more of the adjacent road. The incompetence is strong with this one.

The County Executive said that he represents the "people", not the taxpayer. He said that government is not a business and should not be run like a business. He said the role of government is to do those things that the private sector cannot and will not do. If he does believe his own BS, infrastructure would be the most democratic thing he could possibly do. It affects ALL the "people", rich, poor, black, white, citizens, illegal immigrants, young, old, gays, straights, etc. The private sector really cannot provide infrastructure, nor is it their proper role. If he thinks government is not a business, he can simply shake the money tree and raise taxes to pay for things the taxpayers already pay for. He will then face the political ramifications of his actions.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There is really no excuse for our roads and infrastructural to be bad. Our money just isn't handled in our best interest is what is boils down to.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    There is really no excuse for our roads and infrastructural to be bad. Our money just isn't handled in our best interest is what is boils down to.
    I have NO DOUBT the money is there.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OF course the money is there. It's priorities and how politicians pander.

I was reading something where Cuomo hired another 347 special assistants. Saw that on a few different websites but I don't know how that can be confirmed.

Gov. Cuomo padded the state payroll with as many as 374 “special assistants” — creating what critics call a veritable army of loyalists who keep his political machine rolling.

The gubernatorial appointees raked in a combined $33.8 million during fiscal 2016-2017, the latest year for which information is available, according to the Empire Center for Public Policy’s “SeeThroughNY” website.
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/17/cuomo-...state-payroll/

Why is this behavior enabled in the first place?

Will Jeremy and the ecdems support him come election time?

If someone came to me and asked me to help sell a crap product I would say no. Especially a product that isn't good for our community.

They milled and paved Girdle Rd. from Bullis to Jamison. This was to appease Iroquois Schools. The section from Jamison down to East Aurora was not done. Laughable. Now that section seems even worse than it did before. Why would you not do it? You have the equipment and the materials right there AND the road desperately needs the attention. It will be much, much worse after another Freeze/Thaw cycle. They won't do any remediation, just let it deteriorate. Why do the rich people in East Aurora put up with this. It goes right past East Aurora CC. Such bull. You realize it's just a matter of time, unfortunately, before we have a catastrophic failure such as what recently occurred in Italy. Heck, it Already has happened. Amsterdam on the Thruway. There is nothing the CE could do at this point that would make me support him.

Belscher Road in Springville is sliding into the ditch, the rest is loaded with potholes. I'm glad they thought twenty million taxpayer dollars for a visitors center on Grand Island was a good investment. I wonder if it has a map of defective roads. I'll bet it does. It would be called, "The Map".

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    One day someone should explain why they though where they built the visitors center was a good location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information