Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie County Roads

Erie County Roads

They're terrible. The CE cetrainly doesn't care. Infrastructure is just his "horse trading" currency. There are more than enough resources for the taxpayers of Erie County to have decent roads if there wer not so much waste and incompetence. They are chip/sealing(19th century technology) good roads while letting Bullis Road rot for years. Probably revenge for the taxpayers on Bullis humiliating the CE with their signs.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    They're terrible. The CE cetrainly doesn't care. Infrastructure is just his "horse trading" currency. There are more than enough resources for the taxpayers of Erie County to have decent roads if there wer not so much waste and incompetence. They are chip/sealing(19th century technology) good roads while letting Bullis Road rot for years. Probably revenge for the taxpayers on Bullis humiliating the CE with their signs.
    The money to support all the new immigrants in the County as supported by Poloncarz..has got to come from somewhere...whats a few potholes compared to bringing and supporting the new "citizens" to this country to get all they need for free...things that we had to work and pay for...After all...this is AMERICA! You should be so selfish..wanting your roads fixed! (sic)

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    The money to support all the new immigrants in the County as supported by Poloncarz..has got to come from somewhere...whats a few potholes compared to bringing and supporting the new "citizens" to this country to get all they need for free...things that we had to work and pay for...After all...this is AMERICA! You should be so selfish..wanting your roads fixed! (sic)
    The ce's state of the county speech was remarkable. He stated that government is not a business and should not be run like one (meaning he will take all the money he wants whenever he wants it) and that he "DOES NOT REPRESENT THE TAXPAYERS". Look it up. that is an accurate quote. Like all politicians he hates people who want to be free and independent and he loves people he can en slave.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Priorities.

Let's import as many refugees as we can to keep federal money flowing and adding more cost to social services while roads crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Priorities.

Let's import as many refugees as we can to keep federal money flowing and adding more cost to social services while roads crumble.
    True. And when the authorities say "Oh, it's because of our harsh winters", they are lying. The current condition of our roads is the cumulative effect of years of purposeful neglect. The effect of weather is magnified exponentially due to purposeful lack of even the most cursory maintenance. I demand that all money collected for transportation infrastructure as gasoline taxes be placed in a lock box, not the general fund, and be used only for highway infrastructure.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Salt does do damage to concrete and roads.

What I have noticed is the bad condition a lot of the curbs are in while just driving around.

One example is Union/Walden and the bridge south of the intersection. I'm surprised at the amount of weeds. I'm pretty sure the weeds growing in the seams of the concrete work cause damage.

Salt does do damage to concrete and roads.

What I have noticed is the bad condition a lot of the curbs are in while just driving around.

One example is Union/Walden and the bridge south of the intersection. I'm surprised at the amount of weeds. I'm pretty sure the weeds growing in the seams of the concrete work cause damage.
    Go down the 290, state wont even cut the ditches anymore. How about that new section cleveland dr ramp . the grass is as high as the new trees they planted. dirty 33 weeds and garbage along the roads all the time, ramps an guard rails now have a nice color of rust . right from stright run from poland to Kenya a mess. I love when the goofs on the news say all those potholes are fixed from the past winter. How about beach rd county road take the family for a sunday ride on that road. that is a county road. You could never keep up on the bad roads around here. Remember those big signs your tax $$$ at work. dont see them around anymore.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Count on the situation getting worse. The retard Poloncarz can’t get the few miles of county roads plowed and he can’t get them patched because he’s too goddamned dumb. The state doesn’t care and as more and more legislative power is consolidated in NYC less less will be provided to upstate for infrastructure. Gone are the days when Volker, Stachowski, Rath, Tokasz and others looked after western New York. They were hounded out of office by the shoe shine rag. Now we’re electing clowns like Grabherass, Hoyt, the legislative lollipop, and a host of other nincompoops.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Now we’re electing clowns like Grabherass, Hoyt, the legislative lollipop, and a host of other nincompoops.
    LMAO

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Go down the 290, state wont even cut the ditches anymore. How about that new section cleveland dr ramp . the grass is as high as the new trees they planted. dirty 33 weeds and garbage along the roads all the time, ramps an guard rails now have a nice color of rust . right from stright run from poland to Kenya a mess. I love when the goofs on the news say all those potholes are fixed from the past winter. How about beach rd county road take the family for a sunday ride on that road. that is a county road. You could never keep up on the bad roads around here. Remember those big signs your tax $$$ at work. dont see them around anymore.
    the first 2 miles of county road is like driving over a washboard.... after that (just past the nursery - coming from transit) its pretty smooth...

Salt road is pretty bad... where werhle ends in Clarence, turn left... forget the name of that road, thats SO BAD I was actually pulled over by a NYS Trooper for DUI because I was driving slow and driving around all the major bumps... that road is BAD

Theyre repaving N French, however they have failed at marking out of the trenches they made across the road till your right on top of them.... Already notified TOA Highway Dept... those 'bumps' will break a leaf spring...

Werhle up in amherst from Garrison to just after the baseball feilds (Big blue water tower) should be repaved, that area is aweful...

Point is, EC doesnt care... Just keep paying your taxes like good little minions... If enough people didnt pay their their property taxes, and instead put that money into an interest bearing acct for 2 years, in protest of the roads, maybe then EC would listen...

But ofcourse, people in this country are brain dead morons who are too submissive to fight for anything. Unless your a liberal fighting a Republican, then theres no limits to the violence.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

How about this mess at the intersection of Cayuga and Wehrle Dr . Whats with the hunk of concrete that serves no purpose but to wreck the bottom of your car. That's been like that for years. Now head east from the intersction on wehrle what what a road that is. Has been like that for years.
    Here is another great section of county road aero dr under the runway bridge. What in gods name do you call patch on top of patch on top of patch.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I'm picking on Poloncarz, but he deserves it. From his Tweets, he appears very thin-skinned and egotistical.He does not respond well to criticism, like all politicians who never worked a day in their lives. Stefan attacked him last week, and he had to respond by blowing his own horn, yet never mentioning his neglect of the roads. He tweeted yesterday about his meeting on NEXT year's road projects. $53,000,000. requested. Oh, my, it's an election year. They won't spend nearly that much. Poloncarz despises the taxpayers and thinks they are idiots. I for one won't forget his cynicism. He cannot provide the most basic of government functions. He's worried about illegal immigrants, because they "enrich" the community. Show me where this ever happened. The roads are bad because of neglect. They will be exponentially worse next spring. He will work like a banshee fixing them next year because he's up for re-election and he thinks you're an idiot. Don't fall for it. I will not vote for Poloncarz and I will support his opponent, no matter who that is.

That bridge at the south end of Transit where it turns into Southwestern is deficient and has been downgraded, and you didn't notice. It has been changed from four lanes to two lanes. They had to put Jersey Barriers because the guard rail on the east side is deficient. It's hard to figure out who's responsible for this but it looks like NYSDOT. That's going to be a nightmare to fix, hopefully before it falls into the creek.

Priorities.

Roads in Eire County don't vote. It looks like refugress may soon be able to vote.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Poloncarz was on with Hardwick this morning, said bad winter, lots of freeze thaw etc. hasn’t it been freezing and thawing since the beginning of time? Obviously will always cost more to live here than in more moderate climate but you have to budget and plan for a paving schedule , not wait until everythings crumbling than address it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information