Thread: Mychajliw gears up to challenge Poloncarz for county executive

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Mychajliw gears up to challenge Poloncarz for county executive

Mychajliw gears up to challenge Poloncarz for county executive

Erie County Comptroller Stefan I. Mychajliw Jr. is furiously ratcheting up his fundraising efforts in a sign he is preparing to challenge Democratic incumbent Mark C. Poloncarz for county executive next year.New campaign finance reports filed with the state Board of Elections indicate the Republican's coffers have shot from a depleted account in 2017 to more than $100,000 in basically the past three months — a pace of about $1,200 per day. Though much more money must be raised to compete against an entrenched incumbent enjoying all the advantages of incumbency, Mychajliw said this week he is “very seriously” eyeing the county executive contest."If I decide to go, I want to be in a position of strength," he said.Every indication, however, points to the comptroller as ready to compete for the county's top job. He even noted a past prediction from Erie County Republican Chairman Nicholas A. Langworthy, who said at Mychajliw’s January swearing-in ceremony that he expected to participate in a similar event for him two years in the future.
    https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/18/m...nty-executive/

"I will continue to focus on growing jobs and making sure people have opportunities," he said, ticking off a list of accomplishments such as dealing with snowstorms and negotiating a lease that kept the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park.And he rejected Mychajliw’s description of his "liberal" positions, firing back in what could prove to be the first salvo of the 2019 campaign."I disagree," he said. "When you represent a community as diverse as Erie County, you have the opportunity to speak up on national issues."

Mychajliw isn't he the guy that violated the county ethics law when he had businessmen pay for his $10,000+ Harvard class?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Do you really feel comfortable with Mark as our county exec?

In comparison, I do. Mychajliw never saw a county pothole he didn't like.
    Calling his press conferences for his pothole politicking. Give me a break

An ethically deprived showboater

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post

So he’s a typical politician, got it ��

So there is an interesting trend with the local and state level politics in the 'Trump Era' if you will. I see four groups. Trump Republicans. Moderate Republicans. Moderate Democrats. Extreme or Progressive Democrats.

In cities all over the US there Democrats that moving towards the Far Left and using 'standing up to Trump' as their cover. They despise Trump Republicans and disregard Moderate Republicans. Because the extreme left is so vocal in trying to #resist Trump Republicans they are drowning out everyone to their right. This includes Moderate Democrats. Poloncarz is a good example of this and his claim that because WNY is diverse (it's not), he is beholden to focus on national and far left policies. That's his choice of course but the problem is people with an ounce of common sense know that the different levels of government have different responsibilities. County government is scoped with specific tasks and has no power or say in others. To many moderates, who are all on the left of Trump Republicans, this is ineffective governance.

Now, I doubt Mychajliw has much of a chance but it's possible. It's really going to come down to what the US and Erie County look like in the 60 days leading up to the election.

The interesting curve ball here is the Buffalo News. They are hurting and circling the drain. They also have been known to give Democrats a pass regardless of what they have done. But if they are looking to pick up clicks and readers nothing does a better job of that then good old investagative reporting. If the BN starts kicking up dirt and Poloncarz gets dirty...all bets are off.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The interesting curve ball here is the Buffalo News. They are hurting and circling the drain. They also have been known to give Democrats a pass regardless of what they have done. But if they are looking to pick up clicks and readers nothing does a better job of that then good old investagative reporting. If the BN starts kicking up dirt and Poloncarz gets dirty...all bets are off.
    If they slant their opinions or/and endorse any candidates they will just lose more readers. I used to read the paper just about every day. If I happen to catch something fly by on facebook I might check the article out.

I’ve never heard him try to force a drug house into a residential neighborhood like the retard Poloncarz did last year in Amherst so that he could distribute opioids to opioid addicts to keep them hooked on both opioids and the Democratic Party. Apparently, the retard Poloncarz has never seen a pothole he doesn’t like because he does nothing to fill them and that’s his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    So he’s a typical politician, got it ��
    Yep he is

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I’ve never heard him try to force a drug house into a residential neighborhood like the retard Poloncarz did last year in Amherst so that he could distribute opioids to opioid addicts to keep them hooked on both opioids and the Democratic Party. Apparently, the retard Poloncarz has never seen a pothole he doesn’t like because he does nothing to fill them and that’s his job.
    It's in an industrial park. Are you okay with that. I do agree with you that these people shouldn't be on something the rest of their lives. They should be encouraging them to slowly withdraw not keep feeding the habit.

Georgia L Schlager

It's in an industrial park. Are you okay with that. I do agree with you that these people shouldn't be on something the rest of their lives. They should be encouraging them to slowly withdraw not keep feeding the habit.
    I hope you’re not denying his role in trying to force the drug house into a residential neighborhood, near a town park and next to a pharmacy in Amherst. The record on it is as clear as can be. No, I’m not ok with it. There’s is only one reason to support a facility that feeds drugs to addicts and that is because one benefits from feeding the continuing addiction. The payback here is the same as that with welfare and food stamps...to create and maintain dependency in order to ensure voter turnout every November..

I hope you’re not denying his role in trying to force the drug house into a residential neighborhood, near a town park and next to a pharmacy in Amherst. The record on it is as clear as can be. No, I’m not ok with it. There’s is only one reason to support a facility that feeds drugs to addicts and that is because one benefits from feeding the continuing addiction. The payback here is the same as that with welfare and food stamps...to create and maintain dependency in order to ensure voter turnout every November..
    No, I'm not denying that they tried to force the location in a residential neighborhood. In the end, it didn't go there. I do support the methadone clinics as a way of saving lives from the dangers of fentanyl laced heroin. I don't think it should be for a life time

Georgia L Schlager

It didn’t go there because the town of Amherst stood up to the retard Poloncarz when he challenged the town to come up ‘With even one other location” and they identified 60. Does anyone believe for an instant that those getting high at taxpayer expense at methadone clinics aren’t also out doing street drugs? Spare me!! This sounds harsh but I don’t particularly care what happens to them and, yes, I have family members who are addicted to opioids. They made the choice and they can live and die with it. An addiction is not an illness; it’s the result of life style choices. No one went to bed one night and woke up the next morning suddenly and unaccountably addicted to opioids. Characterizing addiction as an illness merely gives the addicted one more excuse for failing to stand up to their problem. It cloaks them in the mantle of “victim”, the highly sought characterization sought by all those looking to make claims on others. Now I’m seeing the commercials about little Suzie who smashed her car into a wall to get her fix and poor little Billy who broke his finger to get his fix. And this is the fault of doctors and drug companies how?? My brother is a volunteer firefighter and he says they’re called to the same places again and again to give Narcan to deal with od’s. Far from people trying to break their addiction they’re demanding more insistently that everyone else be on standby to pull them back from the final consequences of their own irresponsibility. The only way to break the addiction is to stop using, not continue using under the “supervision” someone who got their clinic job because they’re the halfwit family member of some Democratic Ward healer
    Last edited by grump; July 20th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

It didn’t go there because the town of Amherst stood up to the retard Poloncarz when he challenged the town to come up ‘With even one other location” and they identified 60. Does anyone believe for an instant that those getting high at taxpayer expense at methadone clinics aren’t also out doing street drugs? Spare me!! This sounds harsh but I don’t particularly care what happens to them and, yes, I have family members who are addicted to opioids. They made the choice and they can live and die with it. An addiction is not an illness; it’s the result of life style choices. No one went to bed one night and woke up the next morning suddenly and unaccountably addicted to opioids. Characterizing addiction as an illness merely gives the addicted one more excuse for failing to stand up to their problem. It cloaks them in the mantle of “victim”, the highly sought characterization sought by all those looking to make claims on others. Now I’m seeing the commercials about little Suzie who smashed her car into a wall to get her fix and poor little Billy who broke his finger to get his fix. And this is the fault of doctors and drug companies how?? My brother is a volunteer firefighter and he says they’re called to the same places again and again to give Narcan to deal with od’s. Far from people trying to break their addiction they’re demanding more insistently that everyone else be on standby to pull them back from the final consequences of their own irresponsibility. The only way to break the addiction is to stop using, not continue using under the “supervision” someone who got their clinic job because they’re the halfwit family member of some Democratic Ward healer
    Do you feel better now?

Georgia L Schlager

Do you feel better now?
    I felt fine before but thanks for asking. Very thoughtful of you. And you?

Thread Information