Thread: It's gonna get good. Electric Eye.. mind posting what is going on with the budget?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

It's gonna get good. Electric Eye.. mind posting what is going on with the budget?

Electric....

Mind pointing out why various service and programs may be discontinued?

I say as a property owner I say cut programs and even shutter the libraries. Let everyone know why this is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Electric....

Mind pointing out why various service and programs may be discontinued?

I say as a property owner I say cut programs and even shutter the libraries. Let everyone know why this is being done.
    Who played that card already?

There are a projected $2.9mil in contract plus min wage increases and associated taxes in 2019....Plus more in 2020, 2021 etc, in the next 10yrs if union and min wage increase stay at the current pace, I project the towns budget will increase $40mil over what it is today.

$70mil or 2/3 of the towns budget is current and retired employees pay, this expense is crushing the taxpayers because it can only be reduced via negotiations and our negotiators come off as being pro union, they give the unions anything and everything based on the contracts and the pay I have seen for those employees.

The parts of the budget the CBAC can work directly with total only $19mil and it covers a lot of things that will affect the taxpayer, but don't worry the unions are protected and will get everything in their contract as the tax payers get less, while paying more.

The $2.9mil in projected increases, was even more then I would have guessed and I made it my mission to recommend reductions to zero that out. In order to reduce that, the math showed we would have to recommend a 15.5% cut in that $19mil section of the budget we were working with. After many meetings and ideas, the CBAC voted to recommend a 15%. This recommendation was sent to the supervisor. It is up to her now to pass that recommendation onto department heads, it is up to department heads to cut or reduce spending as they determine to get to the 15% reduction. Hopefully the dept heads will see the need and not play politics. Once the supers budget is done, the board gets to tinker with it. and they have the final say.

FYI: Last year the CBAC recommended $1.5mil in cuts, the board only implemented $750k then threw a $250K heated sewer truck into the budget.

Ultimately it is up to the board to make these cuts in spending, The CBAC only recommends based on limited data supplied to the committee.

Wait for the town to put up the presentation from last night on tocny.org and you will have a better picture of the numbers and a explanation.

Thread Information