Thread: Guilty!

Guilty!

So it’s guilty all around in the other part of the Cuomo economic development scam, the Buffalo Billion. If Preet Bharara was still there they would’ve walked.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Jury convicts Ciminelli, other defendants in Buffalo Billion bid-rigging scheme

NEW YORK – A federal jury today convicted Buffalo developer Louis P. Ciminelli and former SUNY Polytechnic Institute leader Alain Kaloyeros of fraud and conspiracy charges, saying they rigged the bidding process on Buffalo's giant RiverBend industrial project so that Ciminelli's company got the business.
    https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/12/j...-billion-case/

You know Cuomo had nothing to do with this or even a clue anything was up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Architect of Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion Project Is Convicted in Bid-Rigging Scheme

Alain E. Kaloyeros, a principal architect of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s signature economic development initiative, known as the Buffalo Billion, was convicted on Thursday in a bid-rigging scheme that steered hundreds of millions of dollars in state contracts to favored companies in Buffalo and Syracuse.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/n...ion-cuomo.html

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Yeah, ain’t that a knee slapper!!

Heaney from Investigative Reports seemed to suggest that the next step is the executive chamber, that Howe was the gov’s eyes and ears in Kaloyeros’ office. Unless the eyes were blind and the ears deaf, someone else must’ve known what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I have a Bridge For SALE...Ill let it go cheap!! Excellent buy!

Only the Gov't. is allowed to use a rigged bidding process, apparently
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, I guess the govt can’t used rigged bidding either if they’re caught! I’ve said to friends and might’ve posted on a thread on SUWNY that the rigging here was so obvious and “in your face” that it showed pretty much a total contempt for lawful procedure. Right now, there’s an entire governing class in NYS that feels that law simply doesn’t bind them. Spitzer, Schneiderman, Cuomo, Sampson, Silver, Grabherass, Kruger, Smith, DiBlasio

The Attorney General should direct the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York to begin a federal RICO investigation of the entire Cuomo administration from soup to nuts. None of this Moreland Commission crap that’s totally controlled by those in New York’s inner circle. And investigators should be brought in from outside NYS as the feds did when they investigated former chief judge Sol Wachtler to help control leaks to the targets.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The Attorney General should direct the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York to begin a federal RICO investigation of the entire Cuomo administration from soup to nuts. None of this Moreland Commission crap that’s totally controlled by those in New York’s inner circle. And investigators should be brought in from outside NYS as the feds did when they investigated former chief judge Sol Wachtler to help control leaks to the targets.

I have a feeling the AG will continue this and go after Andy. As Nixon said the other day, Andy is known to be a micromanager so it's impossible he didn't know about this or even lead it. He's dirty and so is his family. What's sad is he still will be reelected, in a landslide, in NY. Stupid democrats all over Buffalo and Upstate will vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I have a feeling the AG will continue this and go after Andy. As Nixon said the other day, Andy is known to be a micromanager so it's impossible he didn't know about this or even lead it. He's dirty and so is his family. What's sad is he still will be reelected, in a landslide, in NY. Stupid democrats all over Buffalo and Upstate will vote for him.

Their choice is between a crook and a totalitarian, for the second gubernatorial election in a row! That must be what they want. You look at some of the people they’ve put in statewide office it’s a bit frightening. Long before he got caught out of state with the black socks and transported hooker people in Albany were speaking about Splits-her in the language of abnormal psychology. Schneiderman can only be described as weird and that’s being charitable. Hevesi, in charge of the state bank accounts, was little more than a robber. And that doesn’t include the parade of Democratic legislators who have brightened the otherwise drab insides of state prisons and the ones who’ve been forced out in disgrace like Grabherass.

I feel completely relieved our elected officials aren't profiting in any way from these type events. As far as Mr.Cuomo sees it - justice served - cased closed. What laughable BS !

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, who touted Kaloyeros as an economic genius who could spend Buffalo Billion money wisely and bring jobs to the city — and who accepted more than $100,000 in campaign contributions from Ciminelli and his family from 2009 to 2014 — refused to defend either man on Thursday.
    "The jury has spoken and justice has been done," Cuomo said in a statement after the verdict. "There can be no tolerance for those who seek to defraud the system to advance their own personal interests.

#CuomoGottaGo
    Last edited by 4248; July 13th, 2018 at 01:53 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I don't think taxpayer resources should ever be given to a private company. Let's say I say, wait a minute. I have a solar panel company and I say I can do better than Tesla and I want the same deal you gave them. How does the state justify anointing one private company over another, effectively stifling competition, the hallmark of our economy?

The state justifies it by measuring the campaign contributions made to the governor and the Democratic Party. Specifically in the case of silly solar you must realize that Elon Musk kicks back to Democrats much of the taxpayer largesse he is given.

Thread Information