Thread: The recycling company is backlogged

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The recycling company is backlogged

Town of Cheektowaga (Facebook page)

Once again the recycling company is backlogged and some routes were not picked up today. For now and in the future, if your recycling tote is not emptied out on your designated day, please leave it out for the following day for pick up.
    https://www.facebook.com/Cheektowaga...46479122047767

Marcus L Hamilton Looks as though my comments on the Recycling issue was take down.... again Diane this is your watch next year taxpayers will find true leaders to handle these issues
    So who actually worked on picking the recycling company the town uses?

https://www.republicservices.com/

Once again it's not Diane's fault!!! It's the fault of the butcher, baker and candlestick maker!!! Remember Diane is only the CEO of the Town. Nothing is ever her fault!!! Is she going to direct the Town Attorney to take legal action for breach of contract? You know, the guy who don't even reside in Cheektowaga. The one who was fired as the Town of Lancaster Town Attorney!!! Hey Diane tick tock hear the clock!!! Your days are numbered!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    First off, couldn't you be a little bit more imaginative with your screen name? We have the one and only "Breezy" and the best you could do is "Breezi"?

Next.

From what I've been told the supervisor of the town is not really considered a CEO. I ask a few people if I wanted to be on the town board or be Supervisor what changes could literally be made. For the most part not much. You can't fire people, you can't make wholesale changes like privatizing whole departments and that the mind set of our employees is basically set in stone. The Supervisor (Supervisor as a generic term) has their hands tied when it comes to clearly working in the best interest of the town's property owners. The tax payers.

Who was at the last budget advisory meeting? I heard a couple board members especially Jerry were behaving rather immature and childish. Jim's name came up also. Now I wasn't there so I don't know how true this was. If I was there as Supervisor they would have been told to leave. If they both said you can't tell us to leave you really can't say the Supervisor is the CEO of the town. Correct?

If I was on the town board/Supervisor I would want town board meetings video taped for review. It would make it much easier come election time to replace those on the board who shouldn't be on our town board.

Speaking of tic toc...

I'm still waiting for permission from "Cheektowaga" to tell the complete story and some research I did regarding what happening behind the scenes with the pond being filled. What prompted Frank to send out his text and what is behind "Cheektowaga" starting the thread they did.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Town of Cheektowaga (Facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/Cheektowaga...46479122047767

So who actually worked on picking the recycling company the town uses?

https://www.republicservices.com/
    Award of Bid - Collection and Disposal of Recyclable Materials (Bid 2013-32)

Information

Department: Town Attorney Sponsors: Councilmember Gerald Kaminski, Supervisor Mary Holtz
    Category: Award of Bid Functions: Miscellaneous Legal Matters, None

Body

WHEREAS, the Town’s agreement for the Collection and Disposal of Recyclable Materials expires on March 31, 2014, andWHEREAS, the Town wishes to continue to utilize an outside contractor to collect and dispose of recyclable materials left at curbside by Town residents for the term commencing on April 1, 2014 and ending on March 31, 2019 (with an option for another five (5) year renewal), andWHEREAS, by resolution dated October 7, 2013 (Resolution 2013-503), this Board issued a Notice to Bidders for the Collection and Disposal of Recyclable Materials (Bid 2013-32), andWHEREAS, bids were opened on October 23, 2013, andWHEREAS, bids were tabulated by the Town Attorney, andWHEREAS, the Sanitation Committee met to review the proposals, and it has been determined that Allied Waste Services of North America, LLC, d/b/a Allied Waste Services of Buffalo/Republic Services of Buffalo was the lowest responsible bidder for the Collection and Disposal of Recyclable Materials on an every other week basis for the following prices in 2014:$25.20 per unit per year$10.00 per ton rebate, NOW, THEREFORE, BE ITRESOLVED, that the bid for the Collection and Disposal of Recyclable Materials on an every other week basis be and hereby is awarded to Allied Waste Services of North America, LLC, d/d/a Allied Waste Services of Buffalo/Republic Services of Buffalo, effective April 1. 2014, and BE IT FURTHERRESOLVED, that the Supervisor be and hereby is authorized and directed to execute an agreement and any other documents with Allied Waste Services of North America, LLC, d/b/a Allied Waste Services of Buffalo/Republic Services of Buffalo to effectuate the terms of this bid.

Meeting History

Dec 2, 2013 6:45 PM Board Regular Meeting
    RESULT: ADOPTED [UNANIMOUS]
    MOVER: Gerald Kaminski, Councilmember
    SECONDER: Mary Holtz, Supervisor
    AYES: Mary Holtz, James P. Rogowski, Charles Markel, Stanley Kaznowski, Gerald Kaminski, Angela M. Wozniak

Georgia L Schlager

First off wny resident, your comment "from what I've been told the Supervisor of the town is not really considered a CEO" Just because someone told you this does not make it a factual statement. When I was a young child my mommy and daddy told me there was a tooth fairy, an Easter bunny and Santa Claus, but as we know as adults that was not a factual statement and because someone told me this also didn't make it true. Maybe if you took even a few minutes to do some research before posting your opinion as facts based on what someone told you, you would have taken the time to look up the definition of Supervisor. 1) Websters Dictionary: Supervisor- 2.an elected official head of a Township 2) Blacks Law Dictionary: Supervisor-a surveyor or overseer. Also in some states, the Chief officer of a Town: In a broad sense, one having authority over others, to superintend and direct. Also to read your statement "I ask a few people if I wanted to be on the town board or be supervisor what changes could literally be made. For the most part not much, you can't fire people, you can't make wholesale changes like privatizing whole departments and that the mindset of our employees is basically set in stone. The supervisor (supervisor as a generic term) has their hands tied when it comes to clearly working in the best interest of the towns property owners. The tax payers." Again wny resident just because someone told you this doesn't make it factual!!! If this diatribe you stated were true why would we the people need a supervisor, or for that matter why would we the people need any elected officials? In fact wny resident , a supervisor sets policy, oversees the area they were elected to serve, gives direction along with but not limited to generates a master plan for the betterment of the community they were elected to serve. They also have a fiduciary duty to protect the best interest of those they serve, along with many, many more responsibilities. But most important, to LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!

Who was at the last budget advisory meeting? I heard a couple board members especially Jerry were behaving rather immature and childish. Jim's name came up also. Now I wasn't there so I don't know how true this was. If I was there as Supervisor they would have been told to leave. If they both said you can't tell us to leave you really can't say the Supervisor is the CEO of the town. Correct?
    Just to set the record straight, it was a Town Board work session with a presentation from the company that audited the towns finances. Several Budget advisory committee members were in attendance.

The board could NOT agree to change some deadline dates used for distributing town board business to board members to research. Nowak wants the info earlier then they currently get it because it leaves the board with little time to do any serious research such as talking to dept heads.

With the current deadline they end up hastily making poor decision due to the limited info available in that short window.

My tote is put out when it is full and i mean full about once per month takes that long to fill up my recycle tote anyway.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You need ample time to review the town finances. That is good Brian wants the information by an earlier date.

Just out of curiosity what reason was given not to move the date up?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    My tote is put out when it is full and i mean full about once per month takes that long to fill up my recycle tote anyway.
    We rarely have a full tote but it still goes out each week. I don't think I would want trash baking in the sun until the tote was full.

You need ample time to review the town finances. That is good Brian wants the information by an earlier date.

Just out of curiosity what reason was given not to move the date up?
    Everyone had a different reason why it can't be done on certain day of the week, 6 members could not agree with the 7th so it was shelved for now.

They're having issues again according to the Cheektowaga Chronicle.

https://cheektowagachronicle.com/tow...layed-one-day/

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information