Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat Wave and the cry babies.

Heat Wave and the cry babies.

The first hot day we had after a long cold and terrible spring. Put on ch 4 to watch the senior citizen's anchor team ( why are they both not retired) They are complaining about the heat. Enjoy it its to short of a season Don. These media people are such tools. There are ways to beat the heat and fun doing things. I would rather be outside than when its zero and 30 below wind chill. Get a grip.

Now you have national grid saying you're sucking up to much energy. Something lacking with these people are brains. if its cold they complain now hot they complain. Did you ever go to the south in the summer when this is like this all the time? I have, never complain about the power because of the heat and telling people to turn your air down. Its all BS national grid needs to fix their aging grid systms around here. look at all the black outs you have around here in a years time and always the same locations. Why, they dont want to spend the money to fix the problesms.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    The first hot day we had after a long cold and terrible spring. Put on ch 4 to watch the senior citizen's anchor team ( why are they both not retired) They are complaining about the heat. Enjoy it its to short of a season Don. These media people are such tools. There are ways to beat the heat and fun doing things. I would rather be outside than when its zero and 30 below wind chill. Get a grip.

Now you have national grid saying you're sucking up to much energy. Something lacking with these people are brains. if its cold they complain now hot they complain. Did you ever go to the south in the summer when this is like this all the time? I have, never complain about the power because of the heat and telling people to turn your air down. Its all BS national grid needs to fix their aging grid systms around here. look at all the black outs you have around here in a years time and always the same locations. Why, they dont want to spend the money to fix the problesms.

Hold up, Cheekman. This non-media senior citizen can't stand the extreme hot weather. The winters - it's the shoveling that annoys me not so much the cold.

You can always layer more clothes on but there is only so much clothes you can remove without emBARE ASSment.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You would think with the efficiencies with new A/C units/furnace blowers/insulation the entire area would be pulling less electricity for cooling. Including wattage savings with all the LED replacements offered to business through electric companies. Besides pulling less electricity they generate less heat that needs to be removed from homes/businesses. They have rebates for businesses that swap out old style lights with new LED fixtures.

Let's not forget about all the energy created with solar panels. That would have to amount to something.

Then you add in the loss of population over the years you have less people drawing electricity.

WNY, all the energy created with solar panels amounts to squat. There are fewer people but we draw on the system for a lot more things, devices and trinkets that didn’t exist even 20 years ago. And please don’t forget that this talk about conserving serves as a nice prelude to a request for a rate increase.

if I wanted this kind of heat I'd live in the south
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

I love it! Can go out all morning and evening, take it easy during the day, what’s not to like

Interesting. I was pricing window units the other day (I don't have A/C) and the cost of the units are relatively cheap. So even though there are greater efficiencies (not by much though), there is probably a greater net load. Though there is probably some offset for LED / fluorescent fixtures over the years. Lighting loads are generally lower in the summer on account of the long days, so not really a factor. Solar in WNY is probably less than 5% and wind is probably similar. Loss of population is about 180K since 1970. However, of the top 10 hottest summer months on record 5 have been within the past 30 years. So even though population is declining, summers here are becoming warmer.
    On the flip side, National Grid is just on the grift like any other private entity they are trying to squeeze more from the consumer while providing less. It's sickening how every house in Buffalo pays two service fees even though there is only one line that the power company is operating to each house. Talk about a rip-off.

Genoobie, speaking of providing less while demanding more, allow me to introduce you to the Buffalo Teachers Federation. Oh wait, you’re already a member!

Bwaahaahaa, that's a real knee slapper! You got me there grump! But I guess with Adult Attention Deficit you can't focus on the topic at hand, so you're forgiven!

Genoobie it was you who raised the issue of those who try to squeeze more while providing less, not me.

Looks like the weather blimp at Ch 2 is feeling the heat these days. The old bastard said he was going to retire years ago. He should have. Sounds like he violated the “ethics code” at Ch 2. Now there’s a concept you don’t encounter every day, Chauncey, ethics and broadcast news. I wonder at what $$$ amount the “ethics” code kicks in?
    Last edited by grump; July 6th, 2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Hold up, Cheekman. This non-media senior citizen can't stand the extreme hot weather. The winters - it's the shoveling that annoys me not so much the cold.

You can always layer more clothes on but there is only so much clothes you can remove without emBARE ASSment.
    G... I like it I put on the speedo and go to Walmart etc. You need to take more clothes off.

More power outages all over the area on the 4th. NG and NYSEG give no real answers. Like the roads around here same as the power equipment neglect over the years. Had some friends come up this week from Tenn. Was wondering why the raods are so bad around this area. I said tax money at work.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Looks like the weather blimp at Ch 2 is feeling the heat these days. The old bastard said he was going to retire years ago. He should have. Sounds like he violated the “ethics code” at Ch 2. Now there’s a concept you don’t encounter every day, Chauncey, ethics and broadcast news. I wonder at what $$$ amount the “ethics” code kicks in?
    Weather blimp or the midget don paul just retire both of you. Go to fl buy a metal scanner and walk the beach.

here,

O'Connell's absence from recent newscasts during the July sweeps has prompted speculation that he is being disciplined.

It is unclear whether the endorsement or the testimony affects the decision on whether he will be retained at Channel 2. If he has violated the policy before, it might have a greater impact.

O'Connell is a talented and popular broadcaster, so Channel 2 could take a public relations hit if it doesn't retain him, especially if it declines to explain why.

On the other hand, the station is overloaded with meteorologists, as it began preparing for O'Connell's departure a few years ago when he said he would be retiring.

Patrick Hammer was hired in 2015( the goof got a DWI and that ended that) on the assumption that the Buffalo Broadcasting Hall of Famer would be leaving in January 2017. Hammer eventually was moved to mornings. Then Heather Waldman was added to a lineup that includes Maria Genero, Jennifer Stanonis and Kevin O'Neill.

Whether O'Connell stays or leaves will affect them all. O'Neill and Stanonis rarely do weather anymore.

In late April, O'Connell confirmed he had "discussions with the station about extending, but not for a determined amount of time."
    Last edited by cheekman; July 6th, 2018 at 06:12 PM.

So this heat wave the past days the power companies have not said a word. They must have fixed the grids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information