Thread: Internal War With the Town

Internal War With the Town

We all struggle with something that impacts us personally when it comes to safety, the pocket book and common sense.

Who is our fight with?

Mine is the town board members who found it so important for whatever reason to approve permits and acted as the Lead Agency in the expansion of the Lancaster Airport.

Why does this impact me so much? It is important to me because number one, this expansion was done through short cuts, it did not involve the community taxpayers, the town board was not up front with the taxpayers when asked what their role was and their response was, "we have nothing to do with this airport, your fight is with the FAA."

Secondly, as the town leaders, it is their responsibility to make sure that the town masterplan reflects the town as a whole. Not for the sole purpose of self satisfaction such as, "I like planes..." by Bob Giza So he approves the expansion and is catered to with VIP dinners at the Lancaster Airport.

Thirdly, the cost of this airport that is taken money out of our pockets without the choice of the taxpayer approvals. In other words, it is costing me in IDA's, tax exemptions, low assessments, 13 million dollars in funding that will come out of our pockets so I can be bombarded by airplanes everyday!

Lastly, my fight is about accountability. Why does the Leaders of this town feel they have the right to make decisions without looking at the whole picture. When there are consequences as a result of poor governance, think they have the audacity to make these costly choices and not be accountable?

What is your fight with the town that you feel passionate about?

I will remember when it is time to vote. Will you?

I love the mantra, " You should of Known Better."

But let's put this back in their lap, they should of known better to approve permits to build more housing when they knew an airport was going to expand beyond it's 25%.

THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    We all struggle with something that impacts us personally when it comes to safety, the pocket book and common sense.

Who is our fight with?

Mine is the town board members who found it so important for whatever reason to approve permits and acted as the Lead Agency in the expansion of the Lancaster Airport.

Why does this impact me so much? It is important to me because number one, this expansion was done through short cuts, it did not involve the community taxpayers, the town board was not up front with the taxpayers when asked what their role was and their response was, "we have nothing to do with this airport, your fight is with the FAA."

Secondly, as the town leaders, it is their responsibility to make sure that the town masterplan reflects the town as a whole. Not for the sole purpose of self satisfaction such as, "I like planes..." by Bob Giza So he approves the expansion and is catered to with VIP dinners at the Lancaster Airport.

Thirdly, the cost of this airport that is taken money out of our pockets without the choice of the taxpayer approvals. In other words, it is costing me in IDA's, tax exemptions, low assessments, 13 million dollars in funding that will come out of our pockets so I can be bombarded by airplanes everyday!

Lastly, my fight is about accountability. Why does the Leaders of this town feel they have the right to make decisions without looking at the whole picture. When there are consequences as a result of poor governance, think they have the audacity to make these costly choices and not be accountable?

LSAC is to be commended for the fight they have put up to right a wrong, to bring to light the untruths, shady deals, and collusion that has taken place to profit some in town at the expense of the taxpayer.

More importantly, you have become active in other projects and processes that are not in the best interests of the community; unlike some individuals and groups who walked away after their project ended. It's tough to beat city hall when the community is so ill informed and or apathetic.

My major beef right now concerns the continuing rezones and recent rezones of rezones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    LSAC is to be commended for the fight they have put up to right a wrong, to bring to light the untruths, shady deals, and collusion that has taken place to profit some in town at the expense of the taxpayer.

More importantly, you have become active in other projects and processes that are not in the best interests of the community; unlike some individuals and groups who walked away after their project ended. It's tough to beat city hall when the community is so ill informed and or apathetic.

My major beef right now concerns the continuing rezones and recent rezones of rezones.
    Thank you Lee. One only needs to view throughout the threads, what our pet peeves are. We need to collectively as a community remember that it matters. Whatever you feel is wrong, done without thought I hope they will question it. I hope taxpayers look around them because this is their land, this is their town. It matters what you think.

People attending town board meetings need to know that the people sitting in those seats care about the issues they present to them. People hope that the ones sitting in those seats respect the idea that we are hard working people with respectable jobs worrying about the same thing our neighbors worry about.

Thumbs down You will remember but others don't give a Damn !!!

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post

Who is our fight with?

I agree with you about people that fight the fight, but the elected machine has a couch hold on the residents with appointments of friends and families to jobs in the Town and any linkage is supported by old boys network of slime!!!!!!. Statement from my son in law yesterday after he applied for a job in Lancaster Rec. for summer job. WHO do you know in the Town? Smart on his part, No one but my family vote Dem. for years!!!!! still waiting but I told him, don't tell them you know me!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    I agree with you about people that fight the fight, but the elected machine has a couch hold on the residents with appointments of friends and families to jobs in the Town and any linkage is supported by old boys network of slime!!!!!!. Statement from my son in law yesterday after he applied for a job in Lancaster Rec. for summer job. WHO do you know in the Town? Smart on his part, No one but my family vote Dem. for years!!!!! still waiting but I told him, don't tell them you know me!!!!!!!
    Why does that not surprise me. I would be interested in the outcome of this hawk. So nepatism is a problem, I know many taxpayers hate this aspect of politics. It appears that Lancaster is no different in fact it is worse than most towns...

Interesting that Lancaster is one of the towns for the "pension padding" situation. I chuckled when I read that. So to me, Giza is pension padding right, because he has the towns pension and the Boys & Girls club right?

Originally posted by shortstuff:
    So to me, Giza is pension padding right, because he has the towns pension and the Boys & Girls club right?
    I think Giza is a "DOUBLE DIPPER" as he receives his healthcare through the Boys and Girls club and has no qualms about receiving the $6,000 health care stipend from the town. I don't know if it was ever proven that elected officials were entitled to the stipend which the employees of the town were entitled to. Of course, King Giza thinks he is entitled to anything.

Georgia L Schlager

Oops, I see Lee posted similar information in another thread.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=10

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information