Thread: UB taken to the woodshed

UB taken to the woodshed

Lest any one wonder about the complete and total contempt with which the State University of New York at Buffalo views the fundemental rights of Americans and the law of this country I invite you to read a decision handed down today by the Appellate Division of state Supreme Court in Rochester. The case is Hill v. SUNY at Buffalo. This was a classic attempt to railroad a student by the politically correct police and I think everyone even tangentially involved in this grotesque affair should be immediately removed from the state payroll. Let them sue to vindicate their rights. I’m no legal scholar by any means by my guess is the admonition by the court at the end of the decision is rare stuff indeed. If you want to get the full flavor of this mess you can view the argument of the appeal on the website of the court in the archived cases. I loved the part about the university manufacturing a picture of a weapon not used in the alleged affair and offering it as evidence. The university’s contempt for the law oozes from its counsel. I owe an attorney buddy a cold one or two for pointing this out to me.

got a link? Googling "Hill v. SUNY at Buffalo" isn't finding anything
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Sharky, google “appellate decision fourth department”. That should get you to a site with a link to “decisions”. Hit that and select 2018 decisions and go to July 6 decisions. Search by county and scroll through Erie County decisions. I think they’re alphabetical. Ignore the attorney discipline decisions unless you’re interested in plumbing the depths of perfidity. If that doesn’t work try nycourts.gov/4ad/decisions.

Did you see the Title IX case for Miami University Grump? That's another bombshell against the wall.

Universities are now liable if they don't equally go after students when both claim they are drunk. Here is a good write up https://medium.com/@brandonpaul/the-...m-4b96efebbeb1

These kangaroo courts need to end and I think the only way they will is after lawyers bleed universities dry.

Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Did you see the Title IX case for Miami University Grump? That's another bombshell against the wall.

Universities are now liable if they don't equally go after students when both claim they are drunk. Here is a good write up https://medium.com/@brandonpaul/the-...m-4b96efebbeb1

These kangaroo courts need to end and I think the only way they will is after lawyers bleed universities dry.
    Leftie, that is comical! They’re spiraling into a completely untenable situation through their devotion to idiocy. I went back and read the West.v. UB case that was relied on by the court in the Hill case. That was a pretty standard “inability to consent because I got hammered” case. The problem was that according to the statement she gave to the cops she was well able to consent at the time of the incident. At the hearing she changed her story to conform to the railroading UB was looking to give to the guy. Unfortunately her witness stuck to the truth about her ability to consent. Undeterred, UB screwed the male student anyhow. He was, of course, exonerated by the court. I haven’t gone back to watch the archived argument but it would be interesting to know if she changed her story at the hearing at the instance of UB staff. It’s pretty much a commonplace in higher education that women receive coaching from university staff on how to change their stories to implicate the male. It may not be commonly known but Cuomo created a policy for SUNY to use in situations such as these. If a female student is charged with a violation of a conduct or housing policy that charge is completely dismissed if she agrees to accuse a male student of sexual impropriety. So, if 18 year old Heidi smuggles a couple quarts of Jack into the dorm, all she has to do to avoid problems is claim that some poor slob tried to diddle her. In the post-Harvey Weinstein era all that’s needed is an accusation. The need for proof has been dispensed with. In addtion to bleeding the universities we need a change in law that eliminates the requirement that the taxpayers pay for the defense and indemnification of SUNY staff who perpetrate this crap. The staff should have to pay for their own counsel and have personal liability for money damages.

Thread Information