Collins Statement on Janus vs. AFSCME

Look at the difference in opinion

Chris Collins

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 27, 2018
    Media Contact: Sarah Minkel
    (202) 225-5265
    Collins Statement on Janus vs. AFSCME
    WASHINGTON, DC – Congressman Chris Collins (NY-27) today released the following statement after the Supreme Court released its opinion on Janus v. American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees.

“Today’s Supreme Court decision is a big win for government workers who, for far too long, have been forced to pay union fees in support of causes they are fundamentally against. Forcing an individual to join a political organization or government union goes against one of the greatest freedoms we are granted as Americans, the right to free speech. Any violation of the First Amendment is counter to the values our nation was founded upon and I applaud today’s monumental decision.”
    Versus

Brian Nowak
    Right to the point. Well-said, Pat Burke!

“The Republican Supreme Court just dealt a major blow to labor. The corporatists have been working to weaken our ability to negotiate fair wages and benefits for over 30 years now! We have to act! ‘What do you do when you're under attack?! Stand up! Fight back!’ “

Negotiating fair wages is one thing. Having a monopoly on services is a small geographical area is another.

I applied for a job at UB years ago. I remember thinking after the second interview that if I was made an offer I'd probably end up declining it. There was zero need for a union for that position yet I was either going to have to join, or not join but still pay the dues.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Sharky, there is zero need for a union at any position.

Thread Information