Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush speech on Iraq

Bush speech on Iraq

So, did you all watch/listen to Bush's national address tonight on Iraq?

I thought he was full of you-know-what.

At least he's now taking blame.

I suppose I'd be willing to grovel if I needed Billions of Dollars to fullfill my ill-conceived plan, as well.

ILUVNY
    Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    So, did you all watch/listen to Bush's national address tonight on Iraq?

I thought he was full of you-know-what.
    Ditto!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And with all that said... billions unaccounted for...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bush speech on Iraq
    So did he write that all himself or does the government edit his bullet points into a speech?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    So did he write that all himself or does the government edit his bullet points into a speech?
    Bush has speech writers, lots of them. All presidents, at least in modern times, do.

So disappointed in what this moron said last night. This fool should be jailed for his failure. Not just him alone though. The past couple of years all we heard was "can't cut and run", "we don't need a troop increase", etc... Look at how many generals have cut and run. Iraq advisers have cut and ran. Rumsfeld cut and ran. Now both members of Congress, who initially gave this moron blank check after blank check, are now cutting and running. No accountability from anyone. That is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Bush has speech writers, lots of them. All presidents, at least in modern times, do.
    One of the most disillusioning points of my life was back when I learned that a speech writer wrote JFK's "I am a Berliner" speech!!! I never liked Kennedy after that (I was like 11 or 12 when I found that out!).
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Unregistered

bush should be impeached, cant figure out why they wont

probably because the jewish neoconservative democrats and jewish liberals know that this war in Iraq was practically dictated by Tel Aviv and it would set a bad precedent to punish an american president for following Israeli policy....they might get a backbone and tell Israel and the american jewish lobby to shut the f-up

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy

probably because the jewish neoconservative democrats and jewish liberals know that this war in Iraq was practically dictated by Tel Aviv and it would set a bad precedent to punish an american president for following Israeli policy....they might get a backbone and tell Israel and the american jewish lobby to shut the f-up
    Do you know that Richard Weir is Jewish? For shame, betting your automotive future on the Jewry.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Bottom line, our elected officials except for one or two, I think(don't even remember who they were), were willing to sacrifice U.S. troops and not their own political careers, instead of starting this failure back in the beginning. It would have been their own political suicide in going against rushing into Iraq. That is why none of them stepped up to the plate except for those one or two American patriots in Congress. Anyone remember who they were? I know I wasn't the only one who felt from day one that this ill conceived failure had no real plan. It just sickens me to see them all jumping off their failed war wagon.

Unregistered

Whose Richard Weir and what does Bush have todo w/Automotive future

Whose Richard Weir and what does Bush have todo w/Automotive future

A note from Michael Moore (yes, the Michael Moore)

1/10/07

Dear Mr. President,

Thanks for your address to the nation. It's good to know you still want to talk to us after how we behaved in November.

Listen, can I be frank? Sending in 20,000 more troops just ain't gonna do the job. That will only bring the troop level back up to what it was last year. And we were losing the war last year! We've already had over a million troops serve some time in Iraq since 2003. Another few thousand is simply not enough to find those weapons of mass destruction! Er, I mean... bringing those responsible for 9/11 to justice! Um, scratch that. Try this -- BRING DEMOCRACY TO THE MIDDLE EAST! YES!!!

You've got to show some courage, dude! You've got to win this one! C'mon, you got Saddam! You hung 'im high! I loved watching the video of that -- just like the old wild west! The bad guy wore black! The hangmen were as crazy as the hangee! Lynch mobs rule!!!

Look, I have to admit I feel very sorry for the predicament you're in. As Ricky Bobby said, "If you're not first, you're last." And you being humiliated in front of the whole world does NONE of us Americans any good.

Sir, listen to me. You have to send in MILLIONS of troops to Iraq, not thousands! The only way to lick this thing now is to flood Iraq with millions of us! I know that you're out of combat-ready soldiers -- so you have to look elsewhere! The only way you are going to beat a nation of 27 million -- Iraq -- is to send in at least 28 million! Here's how it would work:

The first 27 million Americans go in and kill one Iraqi each. That will quickly take care of any insurgency. The other one million of us will stay and rebuild the country. Simple.

Now, I know you're saying, where will I find 28 million Americans to go to Iraq? Here are some suggestions:

1. More than 62,000,000 Americans voted for you in the last election (the one that took place a year and half into a war we already knew we were losing). I am confident that at least a third of them would want to put their body where there vote was and sign up to volunteer. I know many of these people and, while we may disagree politically, I know that they don't believe someone else should have to go and fight their fight for them -- while they hide here in America.

2. Start a "Kill an Iraqi" Meet-Up group in cities across the country. I know this idea is so early-21st century, but I once went to a Lou Dobbs Meet-Up and, I swear, some of the best ideas happen after the third mojito. I'm sure you'll get another five million or so enlistees from this effort.

3. Send over all members of the mainstream media. After all, they were your collaborators in bringing us this war -- and many of them are already trained from having been "embedded!" If that doesn't bring the total to 28 million, then draft all viewers of the FOX News channel.

Mr. Bush, do not give up! Now is not the time to pull your punch! Don't be a weenie by sending in a few over-tired troops. Get your people behind you and YOU lead them in like a true commander in chief! Leave no conservative behind! Full speed ahead!

We promise to write. Go get 'em W!

Yours,

Michael Moore
    mmflint@aol.com
    www.michaelmoore.com

Perfect!

The "Silence of the Bushies" is deafening!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information