Thread: sidewalk replacements

Tony Fracasso - Admin

sidewalk replacements

I read that if the town performs a sidewalk replacement they will charge about $80 per 5-foot linear block of sidewalk. So each 5 X 5 square is $80 dollars?

I wonder what our actual cost per block is when you calculate real labor costs and materials.

So a 10 foot X 50 foot driveway could be done by the town for.... 20 5X5 blocks = $1600 bucks. Seems low.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I read that if the town performs a sidewalk replacement they will charge about $80 per 5-foot linear block of sidewalk. So each 5 X 5 square is $80 dollars?

I wonder what our actual cost per block is when you calculate real labor costs and materials.

So a 10 foot X 50 foot driveway could be done by the town for.... 20 5X5 blocks = $1600 bucks. Seems low.
    The cost went up 57% since last year.
    According to the town, each block will cost about $49.60 – $50.80 to be repaired or replaced.
    http://wyrk.com/if-you-live-in-cheek...-on-this-list/

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

The town pays 40% of the cost to the homeowners, I'm told by Diane there is $100,000 in the budget for it under the Capital account. A similar program was killed off 2yrs ago and was to save $250k but somehow even thought the the sidewalks are the property owners responsibility and NO OTHER town gives their taxpayers money to help fix sidewalks that fall under code violations....Cheektowaga thinks we should continue doing it this way even with us being the highest taxed town in Erie County (of comparable towns).

The worst program is in Depew. Check out those sidewalks if your driving through. They only thing they worry about is the area around the village.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    The worst program is in Depew. Check out those sidewalks if your driving through. They only thing they worry about is the area around the village.
    But the residents of Depew must like it, as they voted to keep paying the village tax.

Thread Information