Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Apple IPhone

the iPhone also bears a striking resemblance to the LG KE850

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarEclipse
    Res, I think you're a little over-exuberent about the iPhone. There are already smartphones out there that are frequently used for business purposes and for the type of applications you're talking about. The Palm Treo is available with both PalmOS and Windows Mobile for operating systems. My father-in-law is a MRI repair technician and they have custom built applications on their Treos that allow them to do a number of different things, like tracking work tickets.

The iPhone isn't going to be targeted at the business user at all, it's targeted at the retail consumer. Enterprises want data synchronization and access to their corporate email and calendars, solutions which already exist for the Treo and Blackberry, and which are already heavily in use at many companies. There won't be a mass influx of business users to the iPhone.

It's a great retail product, and it will surely be successful for Apple, but the price is going to be a big impediment for a lot of people. I think it's also going to have some big issues that a lot of people won't like, such as a non-replaceable batery, non-expandable memory, and a difficult to use touch-screen QWERTY keyboard that will actually drive people to competitor's products. As with most Apple products, though, it sure is pretty.
    This is version 1.0

They'll get better.

Hahaha... it took a Treo developer less than a week to create... the iPhony. An iPhone style UI for the Treo. I'm installing it now.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL View Post
    CINGULAR will sell them, just not yet.

Blast from the past....

Someone runs a website found this link.

Asked if I would link to their story.

What Happened to Cingular.com?

When the American telecommunication firms BellSouth and SBC Communications came together in 2000, they created what would become the second-largest wireless carrier in the United States: Cingular Wireless. Following a somewhat confusing change of names over the years, the company’s website, Cingular.com, is no longer online.
    https://www.mymove.com/broadband/provider/att/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information