Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Apple IPhone

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    Other people are waiting for world peace, res wants the world at this fingertiips

Buffy, the world is at war because of communication. When technology breaks down those walls, peace will happen.

Talking

ok..................I'm not joking this is an edit

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising
    What the heck is going on with you - I have never seen you so excited.

If you buy me an iPhone, I promise to blog about it.
    How can you not be excited specially if you know a product like this can help your clients increase thier business and/or cut down the steps they take to run thier businesses?

One market I see this helping with is the real estate business. Hook this Apple Iphone togeather with a bluetooth printer and real estate agents can easily create product catalogs on the spot. Because it's basically has a full web browser instead of a little cell phone screen it should be easier to work with.

Along with the wireless/blue tooth the Apple Iphone can easily interface with a business network seamlessly.

I dont know the quality of the camera part of the device but I suppose it will be fine for normal business use.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    Res, my company is already planning to order 5 for the executive team. I will blog just to blog for you.

I will also be happy to blog about a 42 inch flat panel if your buying....
    They are dropping in price... You could easily blog one of those. Just depends how much ambition you have.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    Other people are waiting for world peace, res wants the world at this fingertiips
    Easier to control everyone then

Thumbs down

World Peace is over-rated.

What would we then post about?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    How can you not be excited specially if you know a product like this can help your clients increase thier business and/or cut down the steps they take to run thier businesses?
    Now you're starting to sound like the product brochure...

Call it what it is: an expensive toy that executives all over the world will "NEED" to have for "business reasons"... then turn around and tell the lowly employees they can't possibly afford to give them a raise.

You know most people that buy this will just be surfing the web and taking pictures... not actually conducting anything productive!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    Now you're starting to sound like the product brochure...

Call it what it is: an expensive toy that executives all over the world will "NEED" to have for "business reasons"... then turn around and tell the lowly employees they can't possibly afford to give them a raise.

You know most people that buy this will just be surfing the web and taking pictures... not actually conducting anything productive!
    Yeah? And your point?

These are the type of "toys" you give your productive group of employees. These are the types of toys that can make them more productive and a nice perk to boot.

Expensive is relative to the purchaser. Sometimes an expense like this pays off in the long run when used by employees who optimize what they do.

then turn around and tell the lowly employees they can't possibly afford to give them a raise.
    Where do you get this crap from All employees that could benefit from this should get one.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Only the unproductive employees would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Where do you get this crap from
    Just my experiences working for an international corporation.

This is how it works in big bloated companies: The managers that don't actually "do" anything are the first ones to get new computers, cell phones, pda's, etc. They don't really need them, but they're managers so they like to think they need them. There are too many people lower down the food chain, so they don't get such niceties, even though that's where the real productivity gains would be found.

There's a definite inverted relationship between real worth to the company output and the investment the company puts in you.

I should do a dissertation on it

Did you hear Cisco is suing Apple for stealing the "iPhone" name. Apparently Cisco registered iPhone as a trademark 7 years ago.

Someone at Apple Marketing didn't do their homework!

Did you hear Cisco is suing Apple for stealing the "iPhone" name. Apparently Cisco registered iPhone as a trademark 7 years ago.

Someone at Apple Marketing didn't do their homework!

LOL. Stick to what you know kid.

Apple knew of the iphone name being owned by Cisco. Apple is in the process of negotiating for the rights.

The people at Apple Marketing DID do their homework. With the launch date being in June and the name date in Jan, Apple is doing nothing wrong because they are not SELLING a product under the iphone name. Only thing they are doing is TRAINING people to call their product the iphone. What this does is makes the name worthless to Cisco because, if they try to sell a phone under the iphone name, people will be looking for the PATITENED touch screen technology, which will not be there.

End of the story, by Jobs calling his yet to be launched product the iPhone, he branded that to his iconic lineup and greatly lowered the public value on the iphone name owned by Cisco. Did I mention he was negotiating for the rights as we speak......

Res, I think you're a little over-exuberent about the iPhone. There are already smartphones out there that are frequently used for business purposes and for the type of applications you're talking about. The Palm Treo is available with both PalmOS and Windows Mobile for operating systems. My father-in-law is a MRI repair technician and they have custom built applications on their Treos that allow them to do a number of different things, like tracking work tickets.

The iPhone isn't going to be targeted at the business user at all, it's targeted at the retail consumer. Enterprises want data synchronization and access to their corporate email and calendars, solutions which already exist for the Treo and Blackberry, and which are already heavily in use at many companies. There won't be a mass influx of business users to the iPhone.

It's a great retail product, and it will surely be successful for Apple, but the price is going to be a big impediment for a lot of people. I think it's also going to have some big issues that a lot of people won't like, such as a non-replaceable batery, non-expandable memory, and a difficult to use touch-screen QWERTY keyboard that will actually drive people to competitor's products. As with most Apple products, though, it sure is pretty.

and don't forget, NO 3rd party applications. The iPhone is locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    LOL. Stick to what you know kid.

Apple knew of the iphone name being owned by Cisco. Apple is in the process of negotiating for the rights.
    That may be true but it doesn't change the fact that Apple is being sued

Cisco Systems Inc., the world's largest networking equipment maker, sued Apple in U.S. District Court here Wednesday, claiming that Apple's iPhone violates its trademark.

Cisco is asking the court to forbid Apple from using the name "iPhone," which Cisco has held a trademark on since 2000 and used to brand a line of its own Internet-enabled phones that began shipping last spring and officially launched three weeks ago.

Shares of Apple fell $1.49, or 1.5 percent, to $95.51 in Thursday morning trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market, while Cisco stock gained 17 cents, to $28.85, on the same exchange.

Cisco said Apple approached the company several years ago seeking to use the name, and the two Silicon Valley tech giants have been negotiating ever since to hammer out a licensing agreement.
    But Cisco said the talks broke down just hours before Apple's chief executive, Steve Jobs, took to the stage Tuesday at the annual Macworld Conference and Expo to introduce the multimedia device.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information