Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown = FAIL!!

Brown = FAIL!!

So because OT is to high, he wants to lay off some fire fighters... which anyone with a brain would tell you would lead to more OT...

Really how dumb is he and the people who re-elected him?

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/1...sts-arent.html
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    So because OT is to high, he wants to lay off some fire fighters... which anyone with a brain would tell you would lead to more OT...

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/1...sts-arent.html

While I do not like Brown...I am not sure the layoffs are going to be in Police and Fire.

I 'think' they would be in non-essential positions. Like clerical positions and what not.

In fact, in the long run, this would actually be a wise move for Brown.

Didn't you forget a few points of reality -

1. Fire Department overtime will likely be $1.9 million over budget when the fiscal year ends in June,
    2. New figures were released today showing that the Fire Department is on track to spend $10.7 million in overtime.
    3. Sick time in the Fire Department topped 20,800 hours over the past 14 weeks — or about 3,000 hours per two-week pay period.
    4. hired 52 new firefighters last autumn.
    5. The fire union has long insisted that high overtime is the result of under-staffing.
    Somebodies not telling the whole story! The new Union President has inherited a big bag of POOP. He's doing the best he can under the circumstances.

What was it AG Cuomo was looking into????????
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Let me ask this... Since they have been understaffed for so long doesn't their time off keep adding up??

Couldn't you assume that now that they have more fire fighters, even though they're still wet behind the ears, that the vet's who have a lot of days off are now using them??

4248 would you be comfertable having 53 new guys come safe your house?

No

Dougles asked: "4248 would you be comfertable having 53 new guys come save your house?"

That is an impossibility, they don't run all the new guys together. Its not safe for them or the other FF's.

Also, sorry Dougles, read this again please, "20,800 hours over the past 14 weeks — or about 3,000 hours per two-week pay period"

Thats from people "Calling off sick" - that includes new guys, older guys. Thats not vacation or accrued leave - thats I got the flu and I am to sick to work. Not on duty injuries and such - called off sick.

NOT JUDGING - just stating fact - yes, I am a BFD Member.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Dougles asked: "4248 would you be comfertable having 53 new guys come save your house?"

That is an impossibility, they don't run all the new guys together. Its not safe for them or the other FF's.

Also, sorry Dougles, read this again please, "20,800 hours over the past 14 weeks — or about 3,000 hours per two-week pay period"

Thats from people "Calling off sick" - that includes new guys, older guys. Thats not vacation or accrued leave - thats I got the flu and I am to sick to work. Not on duty injuries and such - called off sick.

NOT JUDGING - just stating fact - yes, I am a BFD Member.

OMG you are a Buffalo Fireman!!!!!?????!!!!!????

I guess I was clueless for the longest time... Was I the last to know??

But you act like a pissed off taxpayer.. which is a good thing.

Again, even if you don't use it does your sick time add up?

Some guys do

Again, even if you don't use it does your sick time add up?
    The older guys get a set amount a year or occurrence - the guys hired after around the 1980's earn theirs each month - yes they can bank it. Thats a good thing - if your hurt and its not covered by the City you then have your bank.

PS
    I am a pissed off taxpayer and I have the greatest job in the world. I am blessed to have been allowed the position. Before that I worked at the Ford Stamping Plant - hated everyday of it - for thirteen years.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    OMG you are a Buffalo Fireman!!!!!?????!!!!!????
    yes he is a Buffalo Firefighter that lives in Lancaster and was on the Lancaster Town Board while collecting a tax free check from the City of Buffalo for an IOD claim
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

The older guys get a set amount a year or occurrence - the guys hired after around the 1980's earn theirs each month - yes they can bank it. Thats a good thing - if your hurt and its not covered by the City you then have your bank.

PS
    I am a pissed off taxpayer and I have the greatest job in the world. I am blessed to have been allowed the position. Before that I worked at the Ford Stamping Plant - hated everyday of it - for thirteen years.

But you dont' pay one cent of taxes toward your job...

Unregistered
    count me out, i encouraged the vote against him.

Nice try

Quote Originally Posted by unioncop View Post
    yes he is a Buffalo Firefighter that lives in Lancaster and was on the Lancaster Town Board while collecting a tax free check from the City of Buffalo for an IOD claim
    Sir,
    Again you lie, you just cant face "Facts"
    "20,800 hours over the past 14 weeks — or about 3,000 hours per two-week pay period"

So because your a Buffalo Cop who helps inflate your Departments overtime - you bash me. Also notice in order to discredit me he goes back 10 years and grabs a "Lancaster Dem Party" lie. I never "Claimed and IOD Injury" liar.

While in those last ten years he himself has piled up the tax funded Overtime. Average $20-30 Thousand a year over his base pay.

You can try and divert the issue - thats what your good at. Taxes are driving tax payers into foreclosure - while you and others stack your pensions and bank accounts.

This isn't about, "My Job is dangerous" - "Cops/FF's put their lives on the line"- "Some of are guys have died" -

So please spare us all the other lines you use - Its about taxes - Its about pension stacking - its about continual purposeful greed. Thats why AG Cuomo is here.

You are one who will drain the system and not once think of anyones future employment or chance at that employment. Your Union President is a good man - stuck in the middle, like the BFD Union President trying to salvage two Unions that have been manipulated by greed.

Good luck. Have a nice day and be safe

wrong

But you don't' pay one cent of taxes toward your job...
    Fair question Dougles:

I have lived in the City most of my life. Bought my first home(two doubles) on the West Side after returning from my enlistment in the Army at the age of 20 - worked for Ford for 13 years. Bought two more single family homes in the City. So I believe I paid and am still paying my share - more than most do actually. Bought a single in Lancaster(built in 1954) in 1986.

Fair question Dougles:

I have lived in the City most of my life. Bought my first home(two doubles) on the West Side after returning from my enlistment in the Army at the age of 20 - worked for Ford for 13 years. Bought two more single family homes in the City. So I believe I paid and am still paying my share - more than most do actually. Bought a single in Lancaster(built in 1954) in 1986.

so u bought rental property which collects rent which covers mortgage water fees garbage fees and TAXES so you dont pay city taxes your renters do and you live in lancaster for the last 23-24 years
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

While in those last ten years he himself has piled up the tax funded Overtime. Average $20-30 Thousand a year over his base pay.

Thats why AG Cuomo is here.
    I wish I got that much OT and if I did I would not apologize to anyone for working extra hours and no one cares that Cuomo is here nothing illegal is being done in the police department by the working officers
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information